MFT report your successful installations or problems

I have been trying out the new update. Most of my phone contacts including their home and business adress show up on MFT. Clicking on individual contacts show buttons in the middle showing the contacts phone number and another button showing contact's address. On the right side of the screen there are a few buttons including set as destination but i can't seem to select the button showing contacts adress so that i can click on set as destination. The contacts phone number is pre-highlighted and will not change and when and selecting set as destination it just says wrong address info or something since its a phone number.

Anyone can verify this with their MFT with nav?

Same with me, cannot access addresses

Installed update and new SD nav card. Install took an hour. Haven't had a chance to really test it all out but a few of the major bugs that drove me crazy appear to be fixed (can't turn on radio, use steering controls or phone when first turning on vehicle). Had trouble pairing iPhone 4s. The nav systems appears to find addresses faster...was hopeless before and I'd give up. However, when adding favorites, it will only take one word (JoeSmith vs Joe Smith). Some favorites just wouldn't take.. hit enter and nothing. Going back to the dealer on Monday, AGAIN. I've lost all hope in Ford.

Installed update and new SD nav card. Install took an hour. Haven't had a chance to really test it all out but a few of the major bugs that drove me crazy appear to be fixed (can't turn on radio, use steering controls or phone when first turning on vehicle). Had trouble pairing iPhone 4s. The nav systems appears to find addresses faster...was hopeless before and I'd give up. However, when adding favorites, it will only take one word (JoeSmith vs Joe Smith). Some favorites just wouldn't take.. hit enter and nothing. Going back to the dealer on Monday, AGAIN. I've lost all hope in Ford.

Yes the space bar on the keyboard is dimmed thus unselectable so all words will be merged. My workaround is to just capitalize the first letters of each word making it easier to read. I can still use voice commands even if then words are merged and MFT understands me fine. I just added "HolidayInnWestYellowstone" and say it normally, MFT gets it always the first time. I think it's a small thing compared to other issues like no temp dispay, etc.

Well, I've had better afternoons. What a mess! My wife got the blue package in the mail this afternoon and drove it to my work because she knows how anxious I was. Isn't she great?

:D

That's the most positive part of my MFT update story.

My car was on for over four hours and I'm now officially done...with a center screen that doesn't work and of course, no new update. Just hung up with my third phone call to Ford and they can't do anymore. Gotta take it to the dealership tomorrow.

For the record:

1. I had the most recent version of MFT (2.11) and was overall pretty pleased with most everything with my system.
  2. I deleted my phone, did the master reset and was in park with the brake on before I ever inserted the official Ford USB stick for the first time.
  3. First freeze occured installing 6 of 15. Let it ride for 2 hours and then called Ford and followed their instructions.
  4. After the update resumed, the second freeze occured after an automatic reboot happened while installing 2 of 9. Called Ford again and they told me to wait some more.
  5. 45 minutes later, no change. Called them back and was informed that I'll be visiting my dealership tomorrow.

:surrender:

Going to bed. I'm betting tomorrow will be a long day.

Peace,

DM

I had pretty much the same experience as you. What a waste of gas/time... and just annoying as all heck.

I got the "blue package" day before yesterday. Waited till that night (despite being eager to get it done ASAP to end the problems that plagued it). Followed the instructions, had it do it's thing. All the while idling in my driveway :-( . All good or so i thought... 3 and a half hours later... still sitting at "installing 6 of 15"... Called the support line... which closed litterally 5 minutes before I gave up (the 3 and a half hour point). So, gave it yet another 20 minutes (still burning my gas). After that I clicked the exit arrow in the top left. I wasn't going to leave my car on all night hoping it finished. Once I did that, the screen just went black. Great I though... then it rebooted on it's own and started the next step of install... took about 40-50 minutes from there (slow as hell on a couple 4 of 9, and 3 of 6 or something). Then it rebooted again... seemed to be working I guess. I flipped through the menus for about 5 minutes and went to bed.

The next morning she seems to be working okay. I don't care for the changes to the menus really but it isn't super horrible. The map looks better in some regards, but I hate the new verion of the "bread crumbs" they are huge!

Major complaints I have so far (only one really) and I have not used it too much. It was really really frustrating though. First, all my preset addresses/favorites are gone. Which was to be expected. Okay, cool start new. So, I go to put an address in and it just won't accept it half the time. It just sits there at the address input screen. City, Street, State, house number all accepted but it just sits there and does nothing. This sucks. It took 8 tries just to get my house address and work address into the system and saved. The other part of this complaint is that it can't find simple locations that were in the previous version of the map. Locations that have been in the city for well over 35 years such as a local school. Not listed under local POI's, I even entered the name manually and it can't find it. To make it worse, entering the actual address is met by the same problem as before. I can enter the information it acknowledges that it matches the system database and accepts the inputs. However, won't add it to favorites or anything else. It just sits there at the input screen.

:censored::rant2:

Well, I've had better afternoons. What a mess! My wife got the blue package in the mail this afternoon and drove it to my work because she knows how anxious I was. Isn't she great?

My car was on for over four hours and I'm now officially done...with a center screen that doesn't work and of course, no new update. Just hung up with my third phone call to Ford and they can't do anymore. Gotta take it to the dealership tomorrow.

For the record:

1. I had the most recent version of MFT (2.11) and was overall pretty pleased with most everything with my system.
  2. I deleted my phone, did the master reset and was in park with the brake on before I ever inserted the official Ford USB stick for the first time.
  3. First freeze occured installing 6 of 15. Let it ride for 2 hours and then called Ford and followed their instructions.
  4. After the update resumed, the second freeze occured after an automatic reboot happened while installing 2 of 9. Called Ford again and they told me to wait some more.
  5. 45 minutes later, no change. Called them back and was informed that I'll be visiting my dealership tomorrow.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Wulfgott

Received the update package today. It included an nice marketing tri-fold containing the USB drive and a SD NAV card. I went through the update process in my driveway and it completed successfully. Then I ran through some quick checks and when I reached the Ambient Lighting settings the ambient lighting turned off and I couldn't get them to turn on again. However, the ambient lighting turns on when I stop the vehicle, but turn off when it is running. I will run through a more extensive test tomorrow.

EDITED (for my opinion): Frankly, I expected much more from Ford after 15 months of ownership. Maybe my expectations are too high for a $45K vehicle? Would another $10K on a Lincoln got me better results? Not from what I've seen with the My*Touch. Sorry for the bummer, but the My*Touch is one big technology fsckup for Ford.

EDIT #2: I started the vehicle early this morning and the ambient lighting is working again. The MyFordTouch system's improved response is noticeable in this update compared to the previous version. This is where the system should have been when I originally bought the vehicle, or shortly thereafter with one of the many updates, not 15 months later. I didn't have time to run though a full test this morning and will do that this weekend and post my results and impression. Oh, you would think they could save the user settings to the USB drive during an update and copy them back, or offer a system option to manually backup/save the user settings. Ah, I'm rambling.

Edited by netizenX
  • Like 1

My update arrived yesterday and I did the install this morning. I let it run for about ten minutes in the driveway and then just after the warning not to drive, I drove to work while it finished. No problems although I was a bit concerned about a couple of instances of 'black screeen' which was probably the system rebooting. My phone information wasn't there when it was all done, but my preset radio stations were. The phone connection took a couple of minutes to re-establish and I was done. I previously had the 2.11 system which I was quite happy with so I was a bit concerned about the update. However, in the few minutes that I played with it I noticed that the responsiveness of the screen was much better, and the layout of the display was much less cluttered. The few functions I really use just seem to be easier to locate with a quick glance.

I liked the system before the update, and like it more now. In comparing it to my wifes 3 year old MB that has a large display screen and many of the same display functions (without the touch screen); the Ford system is much, much better, quicker, easier to use, and not nearly as frustrating. What I also appreciate is that the Ford just requires a software update and could update things again if they really wanted to. I could even envision an aftermarket company coming up with new software packages for purchase. In the past with with automotive technology such as the MB I mentioned you bought what you bought and lived with it for the life of the car no matter how clunky or antiquated it got.

The main performance improvement Ford is bragging about is with the Nav system. Has anyone been able to test the Navigation yet?

I wonder if the SD cards are delayed for a reason.

My Nav card arrived with the USB stick in the same package. So far, no problems but I haven't had time to put it through the paces yet. Thanks to forum members for the good info to be on the look out for.

I am also in SW Florida and was excited to hear that my package had arrived!!! I never really had all the nasty issues with MFT that have been discussed here so I was a little hesitant about applying the update.....and now even more so after reading this!! I have a 2011 Edge Sport FWD with ver. 2.11....I'll post an update when/if I install the update......

For the record:

Peace,

DM

I am also in SW Florida and was excited to hear that my package had arrived!!! I never really had all the nasty issues with MFT that have been discussed here so I was a little hesitant about applying the update.....and now even more so after reading this!! I have a 2011 Edge Sport FWD with ver. 2.11....I'll post an update when/if I install the update......

Well, I'm a happy camper now. Called my dealer and spoke with the Service Drive Manager, told him what happened last night and his first question for me was "When you can you bring it in?" I said "How about now?" He said "Come on. We'll give you a loaner car for the day, but we'll get it done in just a few hours."

Sure enough, I dropped it off and around 8:30 AM and got it back around 11:30 AM. Both checking in and picking up took under 15 minutes each. I already liked my dealer, but man they scored major points with me today.

As to the new updated MFT, it's flawless so far. Most of my previous settings were still there, paired the phone easily, added background pictures back, connected my iPod and then walked through every menu and every option. The system is much quicker and responsive. Voice commands worked great. Love the new look of the Nav and the real time tracking moves much smoother.

I really couldn't be happier.

The most interesting comment my service rep made was when he was checking me out: "Well, this should take care of you. The first time around, Ford had Microsoft design MFT but had somebody else build it. This time, Ford had Microsoft both design & build it."

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

Just do a vehicle health report. It updates the version on syncmyride.

That's what I did. When you click the link they email you to go see the report, click on "Update & customize and to the right side of that webpage is should show your your new version number.

Peace,

DM

That's what I did. When you click the link they email you to go see the report, click on "Update & customize and to the right side of that webpage is should show your your new version number.

Peace,

DM

I wanted to "officialy" report the successful install so as to get the MFT warranty extended to 4 years (on Edge). So called the 800 # and reported the install, and lady said she would take care of it.

Anybody in the NNJ area have a fully functional MFT that might be able to meet up one day? I see lots of posts where people find the system is running smooth and working well and I am just wondering if I am expecting more if mine really does suck. Hoping to play around with it this weekend and see if USB drives work again as well as play with the BT audio and see if there is some setting on the phone I need to change.

Okay, so apparently the system has been adding the favorites when i put them in. Even though, the screen stays on the input screen with no mention of the "favorite" nav point being added. They are not showing up in the "by Name" sorting method for favorites (they litterally appear blank, complete with the "add" button and are inaccessible). However, when you sort by "Date" they show up (displaying the address and normal information). Flipping back to the "By name" sorting method they disapear again.

Another problem that I have noticed is navigation to a point and the estimated time of arrival. Previously, the system would make a guesstimate of arrival time taking into account traffic that the system knows about (and is also displayed on the map). Now, the system displays the map and shows traffic congestion (red/yellow). However, it shows the ETA for the destination for a 20-mile trip in traffic which I make almost every day as only taking 20 minutes instead of the 45 minutes the old version would usually estimate. Every time since the update this has been the case. The minute lasting forever and only counting down as the miles do. I guess this is better than the system showing me a negative time to destination which it would do previously though sometimes when it was having issues.

Anyone else have these issues?

To say the least, I am really dissapointed. $45k vehicle and the primary reason I purchased the vehicle was the electronics package and it didn't work worth a darn and the supposed fix is... well as stated previously is still dissapointing.

Anybody in the NNJ area have a fully functional MFT that might be able to meet up one day? I see lots of posts where people find the system is running smooth and working well and I am just wondering if I am expecting more if mine really does suck. Hoping to play around with it this weekend and see if USB drives work again as well as play with the BT audio and see if there is some setting on the phone I need to change.

Hey wlepse,

I'm from Northern NJ. Private message me and I'd be happy to meet up. Just as an FYI, I don't have NAV. However, my system otherwise works great.

So I posted earlier about how I was on MFT ver 2.11 and had no real issues. Got the update yesterday, finally bit the bullet and installed this morning with much trepidation. Left the car running in the driveway, followed the simple instructions, came back after about 45 minutes to a message saying "Installation Failure....either not enough memory or software not compatible with this version". So I pressed "OK"...however, the update seemed to have worked as my screens are all updated, I was able to re-sync my phone, and everything seems to be working, including Nav. Here is what syncmyride says about the install:

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V3.0.2

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14D546-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AP

BT4T-14F496-AS

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AM

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AM

BT4T-14F603-AP

Has anyone else had this happen? Can anyone tell me what, if anything, did not actually get installed that I might be missing? Thanks.