AWD Edge SEL Plus Creme Brulee

Hi everyone-

After a week long search, my wife's Edge is finally here. We've had it for almost two weeks now, and both of us are really happy with the purchase so far.

I purchased an F-150 XLT Supercab about a year and a half ago, replacing a Hyundai Santa Fe. My wife immediately fell in love with the truck, always raving about the car-like ride and great looks in and out. It was then that she first considered a Ford for herself, which at the time we thought could be an Explorer.

She just recently finished pharmacy school, and being that she is now the main breadwinner (I'm a lowly teacher), it was time to replace her Hyundai Tucson. She always talked about getting a BMW, and I always tried to talk her out of it. It was tough however, because an Explorer is hard to compare to a BMW SUV.

Then, the Edge came along. I pumped it up every chance I got, and she admitted she liked the looks. I promised her it would be loaded with every possible option, and she agreed to give it a test drive. After about five minutes in the car, she was sold (as was I).

And then the fun began. Of course the dealer conveniently didn't have the trim, color, and options my wife wanted in stock, even though it was showing in their inventory online (I've since realized you cannot count on this at all). While they promised to get her exactly what she wanted, we simply could not agree on a trade-in value and price.

It turns out this specific Edge was hard to find. Five dealers later, and several unenjoyable experiences negotiating, I finally found her car. I surprised my wife and came home with an AWD SEL Plus in creme brulee with camel interior. It has the vista roof, nav, sirius, reverse sensing, chrome wheels, tow package, etc.

I've got to admit, this is a sweet car. In the past, my wife always let me drive, no matter which car we were taking. Now it's a battle every time. It ending up costing more than I would have liked, but I think all the toys this thing has is worth it. It seems like people stare at this car everywhere you go.

Many thanks to this site and all of the members as it made the decision that much easier. Here's a pic, there's more in my album.

gallery_1160_60_513195.jpg

Just like mine - but alas, I have no sunroof. And just like your wife, I really wanted a BMW!!! This was as close as I could get and I love it!

I added black pinstripping on the side, tinted the front windows, put a tint strip across the winshield, added the bumper protection strip.

Wonderful car!

Nice ride we almost bought the creme brulee but got dune pearl instead. Also dont underestimate your job teachers are far underpaid .

I'm with you 100% on that one, but I can't complain too much as teachers in Jersey do better than most. The "lowly teacher" comment is mostly a joke, as my wife hasn't even been working a month and started at a salary nearly triple mine!

The creme brulee would look sweet with the front windows tinted. Too bad that it is illegal in Jersey.

• 2 weeks later...
Just like mine - but alas, I have no sunroof. And just like your wife, I really wanted a BMW!!! This was as close as I could get and I love it!

I added black pinstripping on the side, tinted the front windows, put a tint strip across the winshield, added the bumper protection strip.

Wonderful car!

I would LOVE to see a picture of that!! :shades:

I'm jealous! She got the car I want. I live in CT and cannot find an AWD Creme Bruelle. My dealer has searched 3 states so far and cant find the trim I'm looking for. We finally got a line on my second color choice (red), I was going to pick it up last night and the other dealer sold it out from underneath me.

So, now we are back on the hunt. Maybe I will be lucky enough to get exactly what I want!

I'm jealous! She got the car I want. I live in CT and cannot find an AWD Creme Bruelle. My dealer has searched 3 states so far and cant find the trim I'm looking for. We finally got a line on my second color choice (red), I was going to pick it up last night and the other dealer sold it out from underneath me.

So, now we are back on the hunt. Maybe I will be lucky enough to get exactly what I want!

I totally understand your situation. I sat at one dealer while they called every dealership in five states who were showing this Edge in stock. At least half of them were dealer demos. The other half were either sold, or unwilling to give up the car. I actually felt bad for the guys who were doing this, as I could see they were as frustrated as I was. They showed me the printout they had, which had less than 20 Edges that matched what we wanted in all of NJ, PA, NY, MD, DE, and DC.

Stick to the colors and options you really want, and hopefully something will come around soon. I had almost lost hope when I found ours, and I'm glad now that we didn't compromise on any of the things that we wanted.

Good luck with your search!

• 3 months later...