New projects, anyone?

Dingo

• 4 weeks later...

I was just catching up to some of these posts so I followed the link to v-leds and noticed those switchback leds were out of stock until well into May. It made me chuckle a bit and I wondered if the Edge forum here bought them out! Too funny!

I have some 14 watt amber led bulbs for the running lights/turn signals up front and I am thinking of going over to switchbacks because I love the look. I found some really high powered switchbacks over on another sight that are in stock. I'll share some pics when I get them installed. Once again, thanks to Dingo for the sweet ideas. You must just sit around thinking of ways you can upgrade our already badass Edge Sports! lol

I was just catching up to some of these posts so I followed the link to v-leds and noticed those switchback leds were out of stock until well into May. It made me chuckle a bit and I wondered if the Edge forum here bought them out! Too funny!

I have some 14 watt amber led bulbs for the running lights/turn signals up front and I am thinking of going over to switchbacks because I love the look. I found some really high powered switchbacks over on another sight that are in stock. I'll share some pics when I get them installed. Once again, thanks to Dingo for the sweet ideas. You must just sit around thinking of ways you can upgrade our already badass Edge Sports! lol

Too bad you didn't ask first. I decided not to use my V-LEDs ones, so they're available... And yes, that's pretty much what I do now...

Some friends have told me that Mr. Clean, magic eraser does the trick. Can't say, never had to try it.

One trick that I learned from a neighbor, is when doing windows after washing the car, use a detailing mist, Maguires, Mothers, etc. oorks, and DOES NOT smear with wipers.

Dingo, you need to start letting the cats out of the bag and tell me what you got in the works, if it's seem cool stuff you'rgoing to get a visitor from Augusta sooner than yup landed dude!

Edited by Cdpratt69

• 2 weeks later...

High Priority

- Get it tinted before the AZ sun fries my wife and me. Looking at doing that in two steps. The first step is to tint the side windows and the windshield with a LLumar ceramic film. Second step is to tint the back doors and rear windows with more Llumar ceramic film.

- Install HIDs I transferred from my first gen Edge. Already got the bulbs on order and two Canbus digital ballasts (have been working more reliably than the previous digital ballasts I had). I am also going from 6000K to 5000K (6000K = 2800 Lumens, 5000K = 3200 Lumens).

Further down the road

- Change interior bulbs to LED (Starting with the wife's lighted mirror (gotta keep her happy))

- Change Stock Michelins to Pirelli Scorpion Verdes

- Upgrade speakers and amplification. For speakers, considering Boston Acoustics, JL Audio, Morel, and Dynaudio. Subwoofer will be a JL Audio Unit. Amps will be Tru Audio.

- Investigating whether Steeda's rear sway bar will fit and maybe getting one

High Priority

- Get it tinted before the AZ sun fries my wife and me. Looking at doing that in two steps. The first step is to tint the side windows and the windshield with a LLumar ceramic film. Second step is to tint the back doors and rear windows with more Llumar ceramic film.

- Install HIDs I transferred from my first gen Edge. Already got the bulbs on order and two Canbus digital ballasts (have been working more reliably than the previous digital ballasts I had). I am also going from 6000K to 5000K (6000K = 2800 Lumens, 5000K = 3200 Lumens).

Further down the road

- Change interior bulbs to LED (Starting with the wife's lighted mirror (gotta keep her happy))

- Change Stock Michelins to Pirelli Scorpion Verdes

- Upgrade speakers and amplification. For speakers, considering Boston Acoustics, JL Audio, Morel, and Dynaudio. Subwoofer will be a JL Audio Unit. Amps will be Tru Audio.

- Investigating whether Steeda's rear sway bar will fit and maybe getting one

The Llumar ceramic is too purple. It looks like old faded tint while it's still on the roll. Try the Suntek Carbon XP.

The more I read from Dingo, kc, and cellbine, the more my project list grows.

- 5000K 35w HIDs

- Tint windshield and remaining rear windows

- Front end protection

- LED backup bulbs

- LED bulbs for vanity mirrors

- LED puddle lamps

- LED cargo light

- LED dome light

- Speaker upgrade (debating between Boston, Morel, Dynaudio, and JL Audio for speakers)

- Amp upgrade (Tru Audio)