Battery Saver System - Off

diesel74

I disconnected my battery and after I reconnected it when I turn off the ignition I get this message on my touch screen. "Battery Saver System - Off" "Please turn ignition off or start engine". I can't find any information on this. Is it possible that somewhere, hidden, in some menu that I can Turn the Battery Saver System back on or is this a trip to the dealer?

It’s a weekend, you might try this.

Tonight

MAKE SURE everything that can be turned off is off.

AC, auto headlights, etc.

Make sure ALL plug in devices (cell phone charger, radar detector, tablet, etc.) are unplugged.

Disconnect the battery

Turn the headlights on, step on the brake for a few minutes.

This would be optional, lots of discussion about does is/does it not work.

Hook the battery cables together… C Clamp, Duct tape etc.

Don’t forget to turn the headlights off.

Hook the battery up IN THE MORNING, but don’t start it.

Turn the key to the ON position for a few minutes.

Start it, let it idle for a few minutes, move the transmission to all gears then go for a drive.

Good luck

Maybe FordGuru will have a procedure for replacing the battery.

You might send him a PM.

ab

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem in my 2012 Ford Edge.

I tried the above listed procedure and it doesn't work. Tried pulling the #29 fuse also which powers the touch screen system.

Still get message after turning key off of battery system is turned off. Start engine or remove key.

I can't believe that I have to take this back to the dealer just to have this reset. Anybody???

• 3 months later...

On my 2012 MKX, I repeatedly experienced this same Battery Saver System - Off problem prior to my installing the two most recent updates to the Sync / MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch operating system.

For me, the previously suggested remedies did not permanently correct this sporadic problem.

Installing the latest update, Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2, has totally eliminated the "Battery Saver System - Off" problem.

• 2 years later...

Don't bother testing it. For some reason in these newer vehicles with battery problems the battery will test ok but after replacing it the problems disappear. No idea why but it's a common theme. I'd just go ahead and replace it. Worst case you rule it out and you get at least 3 years of peace of mind.

Why would you want to get rid of a battery if it is actually in good condition? You just need to make sure it was tested with a device which will actually show if it is good or not.

The old way of testing may have resulted in false findings, saying the battery was good when it really wasn't. Check out this video posted by another member in reply on a different post. May save you some money if you don't end up throwing away a good battery.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Same issue here--keys out of ignition--car in park, etc, etc, etc. Hours/days after car parked in garage--go to garage for something and notice the display is on. Slow to turnover on starts, with battery replaced just over a year ago under warranty. 'Couldn't find anything wrong'. Today an oil change at my local Goodyear shop. "Looks like the battery is going south." This seems to be such a prevalent problem with the 2012 Edge. What does it take to get a TSB out to the dealers to check for the park switch, bms, etc issues tgat seem to be draining the batteries. Multiple trips to the dealer that accomplish nothing is not good service. I'll be biting the bullet and getting a new battery, but not one from the Ford dealer this time. My Goodyear guy is much more accommodating--smaller, trusted shop.

I had the same message at shut-down... Went to Ford dealer- they checked the battery and it was only showing 397, instead of the necessary 650.

I had the battery changed there, as I was going on a long trip at Christmas time. Today, Jan 20th, the message about Battery Saving System is back!!

Something else is going on here. will be calling dealer today...

• 4 weeks later...

You need to test your alternator and voltage regulator. I am willing to bet a lot of batteries are dying because the Ford system does not register the failure just like my system sends no Battery Light. Yet the voltage regulator is bad and sends a battery saver notice. Check out how I determined this to be the case.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Had the same message on my 2013 Edge. Read some where that if you turn everything off and don't touch it for 8 hours the battery system will reset itself. First I charged the battery, then let it sit the suggested time. It reset and I don't have the message now. But I do plan to replace the batter since it's 3 years old and winter is not that far away.

Burke

• Like 2