2014 Ford Edge

exodus

lol beauty is in the eye of the beholder! While I don't disagree with you on the earlier models, I love the 2011+ MKX. Very classy look.

Ā 

Oh Boy!!! You see, the rear end and front of the lower year models are beautiful.. Its the 2011 and Up that is TERRIBAD... The front end looks like a spin off from the Bat-Mobile.. It points inward and is just EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Luv my MKX, especially the front end styling. While Eatinitup might not like the front of the MKX as much as his Edge, I think it is in poor taste to comment as he did. I luv my MKX, and all the luxury it offers, yes, it has spoiled me a bit, but WTF, only going around once ! :headspin:

You're right, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so to play it safe, I will keep my mouth (fingers) shut from any other comments, but I still think it was POOR TASTE from Eastinitup ! ! !

Ā 

I tried to hold back I really did!! But here goes, for one like others have said its an opinion.. To be honest, it really is the ugliest damn thing I have ever seen.. Should that deter you from buying one? NO.. If you like ugly then go for it, but in your opinion it may be pretty. At the end of the day its just a vehicle.. A vehicle that has tons of problems like all other rust bucket brands of cars out there and to top it off they have shit transmissions and MFT's that aren't worth a damn.. UH OH, does that deter you from buying one even more? I would think not, you still own yours... Unless you have since put a for sale sign in the window due to my comments.. Lets all be big boys and girls here and not get upset at the fact that I said a car was ugly.. Its my opinion and this forum is supposed to be able to handle that.. If not, then go else where. Now.. i will say, the MKX shown above looks very nice, I love the aggressive look of the front end.. But i will also say that I like the front end of the 2011-2012 MKX when looking directly at it, but from a side view, it just gets blurry and looks like shit... Sorry but my 2 cents.. Have a good one, don't get upset.. There just rust buckets at the end of the day that are over priced and we dump our precious money in them and never get any of it back!! Who cares! :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

How come no one invited me to this hi-jacking? I want in. I'll restrain myself and not comment on Eatintup's school girl squeal. My 2 cents, I like the front end of the MKX. With cars looking more and more alike, I enjoy seeing car companies taking design risks. (I'm sure some in Lincoln's marketing department hate it though, because bold looks tend to alienate a portion of their potential customer pool). What I'm really looking forward to is the new Navigator.

Ā 

OK, Eatinitup, cover your mouth with both hands. No squealing from you on this........Check out this freaking front end!

Ā 

2013-Lincoln-Navigator-1.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

HAHAHAHA, Now this looks good!! It truly does, I would own it.. AS LONG AS: It looks the same when viewing from a sideview!!.. Still like my Edge though!

• 2 weeks later...

The MKX has a very bold grille. While I am not a fon of it, it certainly looks better than the old egg crate grille. The current baleen grills do not work for me. I think the best grille Lincoln ever made was on the original Naviator.

No V6, not interested. The only Ecoboost motor I am interested in is the SHO's 3.5L V6 and Ford hasn't made it known whether or not they are going to do that. If they do, I am all over it.

Ā 

So you'd take a 3.5L V6 but you wouldn't take a 2.3L-2.7L EB that puts out the more power?

Ā 

To get more than 300 hp you'd probably have to upgrade to the MKX. And you can expect the same trend from other mfrs - just look at the new midsized sedans.

I have had several turbo vehicles and while I do like them I am not sure I would want the small displacement turbo in something like the Edge. You reference new midsize sedans..honestly I think they are a much better fit there. As it is I think the large front engine creates enough drag that climbing hills on the highway causes the tranny to downshift often with the V6, so I would expect the turbo do do this even more. Not only does this lack the refinement I would like to see in something like the Edge, I have also found that tapping into the boost really drops your MPG's so much of the benefit of the smaller displacement is lost. Personally I think they need the V6 to differentiate it from the Escape...while I would love to see the Eco Boost V6 in an Edge I think they would need to save that for an Explorer or the MKX.

• Like 1

So you'd take a 3.5L V6 but you wouldn't take a 2.3L-2.7L EB that puts out the more power?

Ā 

To get more than 300 hp you'd probably have to upgrade to the MKX. And you can expect the same trend from other mfrs - just look at the new midsized sedans.

Um, the 3.5L V6 EB is rated at 365hp (in the SHO and F150 at least)...the only other EB line-up I saw was the 1.0L, 1.6L, and 2.0L making anywhere from 160 to 301hp. 365hp > 301hp...

Ā 

Maybe you know something we don't (and I'm sure you do) but I didn't see any mention of a 2.3L-2.7L EB

Ā 

OT: speaking of "L"s...did you know the Smart Car actually has a "0.9L" emblem...IF I were to buy that car, that would be the first thing to come off, THEN I would drop in the engine from a Hayabusa...search for that on youtube...

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you know something we don't (and I'm sure you do) but I didn't see any mention of a 2.3L-2.7L EB

Ā 

It's widely rumored that there will be a 2.7L EB to fill the gap between the 2.0L EB and the 3.5L EB. Those are as confirmed as is possible these days with Ford security being so tight. Other rumors of a 2.3L or 2.5L EB are out there but not as likely.

Ā 

The point is there are other options on the way as good as if not better than the current Edge Sport.

Ā 

Ā 

akirby,

Ā 

I would take the EB 3.5L V6 versus an EB 4 cylinder that makes that much power. Part of the issue is that of refinement. I like the smoother power delivery of the V6 versus the 4 cylinder. No matter what, a 4 cylinder is going to be more coarse/raspy/harsh and will not have the smoothness and refinement of the V6.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ford Crossovers, Trucks, and Vans

Thanks to the new Ford C-Max hybrid and plug-in hybrid wagons, the Ford Escape goes without a hybrid model in its latest generation. Though the 2013 model year was the Escapeā€™s time to shine, the new 2014 Ford Edge will move to the Fusionā€™s platform, likely including some of the same Fusion engine options plus an available V-6. The hot Ford Explorer could get a refresh in the 2014 model year but, considering its sales, the crossover may not need much to maintain momentum. Where things get a little hazier is with the Ford Flex. Whether Ford plans to redesign the Flex in a few years or run it on an Expedition-like production run is unclear. Speaking of the Ford Expedition, the full-size SUV is likely to get the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine in 2014.