Mustang Parts for Sport?

Geek-A-Leek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I saw on cadillacforums.com that a shop was doing a TVS1320 supercharger on an srx for a dealership that was going to market them. Just need someone to figure out an intake, accessories and a tune for the 3.7L.

You have to change sooooooooo many things to get a supercharger to work without breaking everything around it... In hopes that it still doesn't.

By the time you're done you could buy a Porsche Cyanne GTS and get about the performance that you would with the supercharger.

I like the idea of the Porsche truck, but you gotta spend 80 to even break the 500hp barrier, plus whatever else you want in amenities. For 60k you can get the SRT with way cheaper insurance and well, maintenance, if any in the future wont be outrageous. Add a few small bolt ons to the SRT and you have an insane truck, more so than it is from the factory. I mean, you know, i'll take either, lol, I own an Edge Sport.

post-24226-0-86904500-1365954363_thumb.jpgI like the idea of the Porsche truck, but you gotta spend 80 to even break the 500hp barrier, plus whatever else you want in amenities. For 60k you can get the SRT with way cheaper insurance and well, maintenance, if any in the future wont be outrageous. Add a few small bolt ons to the SRT and you have an insane truck, more so than it is from the factory. I mean, you know, i'll take either, lol, I own an Edge Sport.

True, but when you start looking at options and stuff like that you're looking at about another $10,000 if you're decking it out, then adding stuff you're looking at around $70,000-$80,000 anyway.

But like you said, owning a Porsche or a Benz down the road is a huge pain in the ass. Any single thing that goes wrong costs so much money. So you are 110% right. Anyone can go out and buy a Porsche or a Benz or upper class cars like that, but buying them isn't the problem; Maintaining them is. Like you said, either one, they are very sick cars.

But honestly, I'd take my fully loaded Edge Sport over a base model SRT Jeep. The rims, tires, TV's, MFT options, interior lighting, two tone interior etc etc for $50k. The only thing you really gain with another $10,000 is the extra 155hp. That is a lot, but I wouldn't give up everything else the Sport gives you for that extra speed.

BUTTTTTTTTTT.......... Has anyone seen the NEW 2014 Grand Cherokee?! SICK!

post-24226-0-97051200-1365954283_thumb.jpg

post-24226-0-86904500-1365954363_thumb.jpg

*Checks how much equity I have in my Sport* lololol

Edited by KingMike

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Why are we talking jeeps n genesis and other brand x stuff? this is supposed to be the Edge forum, no? My reason for being here is to improve the performance of my '11 Edge Sport. The coils I knew about. Info like the throttle body was what I am looking to gather. I intend to put the k&n intake system and magnaflow exhaust system.

since AWD adds about 400# pounds every little bit helps.

Stealth technology, and some turbo emblems should add 150 HP.

Seriously, I love my Edge but it is what it is. A great improvement will be betters brakes. My 2007 brakes suck. After the winter I'm going for some slotted or cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads. I did this on my wife's Grand Cherokee and it changed the entire driving experience.

Hey there..

I found some parts fit with my ford edge sport 2012 and im going to installing them and tune next week hopefull to get 360 to 400hp soon..

Sorry... if you think you can gain 20% HP from simple bolt-ons and a tune, you're expecting way too much. If that was possible, everyone in the Mustang world would be doing it. V6 Mustangs with tune, long tube headers, high-flow cats, cat-back, throttle body and CAI are getting into the mid-340s at the flywheel (mid-280s at the rear wheels).

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

It’s been years since a post here.. but i have a 2013 Ford Edge sport awd. I’ve done a tune with torrie over at unleashed tuning as well as a k&n intake. I’m wanting to know about more 3.7 mustang parts that’ll fit the edge. I’m interested in switching over to E85. Talked to my tuner and they said it’s possible with a few modifications (fuel pump, lines, and injectors).