REAL fuel-mileage numbers? Not WAGd by the computer?

jeffreybehr

I retrieved mine 1500 miles from home and started FM calcs upon arrival.

The trend is definitely upward--the CUMULATIVE miles-per-gallon numbers after each of 4 tanks are 13.5, 13.8, 14.9, and 15.0. This is mixed local and freeway with the AC ALWAYS on.

Total miles are about 2300, about halfway to its 2nd oil-and-filter change.

Front_700w.jpg

I'd still like to replace that grille, but not with Precision's billet grille after seeing pics of it/them here.

Your into performance modifications. I've had the MKX for over 2 months, and not quite 2K miles. Just filled up tonight, and mileage was 20.5 MPG. I also get 18.5-18.8 on an '00 Exploder 4 door AWD 5.0L engine. Mileage is relevant to right foot pressure. I do a 50/50 mix of city/55 MPH driving too.

I retrieved mine 1500 miles from home and started FM calcs upon arrival.

The trend is definitely upward--the CUMULATIVE miles-per-gallon numbers after each of 4 tanks are 13.5, 13.8, 14.9, and 15.0. This is mixed local and freeway with the AC ALWAYS on.

Total miles are about 2300, about halfway to its 2nd oil-and-filter change.

Front_700w.jpg

I'd still like to replace that grille, but not with Precision's billet grille after seeing pics of it/them here.

city around 14-15 L/100KM, i do not know it is that how much for miles per gallon.

Edited by fly6

After 13,000 miles, I'm averaging 20-21 mile per gallon city/highway, and 27 on highway....I use the cruise control as much as possible, which helps...I also don't put discount gas in the vehicle...I personally use Shell....if you go to Joe's Discount Gas, you don't know what the hell your putting in your tank....

We have just over 4,000 miles on our edge now.....making around 21.6 hiway/city driving. haven't done a road trip again since it was really young.....but happy with that mileage......now if we can make that 27 on the hiway, we will be very happy. Our former buick made 30 and our suburban made 15 so it was a compromise........and the 21.6 is nice, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fill it up!

• 3 weeks later...
You must have a lead foot. Since day one, I have consistently achieved 21-22mpg city driving, and 27mpg highway. Since day one. This is measured by the car's computer, and dividing gallons into miles driven. Same result, both ways.

Club: Are you AWD or FWD? IMO, there is a significant difference. Others may not agree, but I have been watching the other posts on this issue for some time and it does seem to show AWD about 2-3 MPG less than FWD.

I commute from suburban Virginia into downtown DC every day (about 18 miles each way). I average about 20 - 25 miles per hour speed on these trips. I also typically have a few higher-speed runs on the Capitol Beltway, etc, on weekends. My mileage usually is in the 16 - 17 mpg range whenever I fill up. I have about 3000 miles on my Edge (2007 SEL+ AWD) I have a fairly light foot, and used to see 18 - 19 mpg driving the same pattern for many years in my Explorer. I've checked the displayed MPG readings against my manual calculations, and find them to be relatively close. I've not noticed any significant change in fuel consumption since I bought the car.

Fuel mileage continues to improve. The last-3 tanks delivered 19, 19, and 22MPG (actual), with all three composed of mostly freeway miles at 65 - 75MPH, with the AC on all the time. Cumulative mileage is now at almost 17MPG at almost 4700 miles.

I finally let the computer calculate mileage; the 1st tank was 19.0 actual v. 19.7 indicated, while the last was 22.3 actual v. 21.7 indicated.

I'm happy. :yup:

I'm sitting at about 22 with about 65% hw, I don't step on it hard and I get the better mileage. I was just wanting to see what it would do if I babied it. Now that I know what it can do, I'll go back to how I prefer to drive which will drop my mileage down to 18 - 19, which is still better than my truck so I'm happy with it. :)

I'm sitting at about 22 with about 65% hw, I don't step on it hard and I get the better mileage. I was just wanting to see what it would do if I babied it. Now that I know what it can do, I'll go back to how I prefer to drive which will drop my mileage down to 18 - 19, which is still better than my truck so I'm happy with it. :)

I drove 3 hours last night to TN and reset everything after I filled up just before getting on the interstate. According to the info center:

avg mpg: 21.5

avg mph: 77

I'm heavy footed and had the cruise set for 80 - 85 most of the way. This vehicle is too fun to be babied.

I drove 3 hours last night to TN and reset everything after I filled up just before getting on the interstate. According to the info center:

avg mpg: 21.5

avg mph: 77

I'm heavy footed and had the cruise set for 80 - 85 most of the way. This vehicle is too fun to be babied.

Did you drive here to buy Powerball?

No, but I think that is available in GA, but I don't play the lottery so I'm not sure.

It was a fun ride though. Around the mountains, up the mountains, and down the mountain. I'm glad I don't have to share my Edge with anyone else!

I took my 8 through the Dragon a couple of years ago. Beautiful ride..wore my ass out but..beautiful.

I think if I went though again, but with the Edge, it would definitely be for sightseeing.

I took my 8 through the Dragon a couple of years ago. Beautiful ride..wore my ass out but..beautiful.

I think if I went though again, but with the Edge, it would definitely be for sightseeing.

Sightseeing would have been nice, but there's not much to see at 10:30 at night. It will be day light on my way back Friday, but I doubt I'll slow down much then either. Gotta get home to the girls!