REAL fuel-mileage numbers? Not WAGd by the computer?

jeffreybehr

Sightseeing would have been nice, but there's not much to see at 10:30 at night. It will be day light on my way back Friday, but I doubt I'll slow down much then either. Gotta get home to the girls!

Ahhh...Now I see.

I do like those BAMR open, music on loud, smell-of-the-night-air drives.

Did that in Florida a few months ago (July) right after I bought the Edge. Purposely went out driving at night just to smell the ocean air. Reminded me of my younger days in SoCal.

filled up tonight and put it 18.34 gallons and figured to be @ 20.5 mpg with a calculator and computer said 19.8 this is with mostly highway driving @ 70 or so with a little bit of city.

vehicle only has 18xx.xx miles on FWD with the stock 18's

I am hoping that it continues to get better as it gt closer to the end of the 'break in' period

• 3 weeks later...

The last 6 fills (October and November) for almost-2000 miles averaged 18.9MPG with my AWD Edge. These miles include a little more freway (65 - 78MPH) miles than earlier. The extremes of differences between the computer's rates and the real numbers are 7/10s high and 6/10s low (computer over/under actual), with the other 4 numbers much closer.

I'm sure liking this thing. :yup:

We have just over 4,000 miles on our edge now.....making around 21.6 hiway/city driving. haven't done a road trip again since it was really young.....but happy with that mileage......now if we can make that 27 on the hiway, we will be very happy. Our former buick made 30 and our suburban made 15 so it was a compromise........and the 21.6 is nice, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fill it up!

I have 4200 miles on made a run from Orlando to Bradenton and got 23.5 running 75-80 around

town my wife get 17-18 I'm looking for a cold air package has anyone heard of anything out there.

• 5 months later...
FWD will not only get slightly better fuel economy but also be a bit quicker than an AWD due to the drag by having 2 differentials.

2008 edge limited AWD

20" wheeels

Bullet exhaust sytem

K&N air filter

Southern Ca. Driving

I live East of San Diego Up In the foot hills. Every day I drive up this three mile hill. I have put over 8000 mile in 4 months.

After the first 3000 miles I was getting around 14 - 15mpg I just did the mods to the exhaust and air filter around 1000 mile ago. now Iam getting 16.8 and 17.2 around town. If I take my foot out of it and use the cruise (freeway driving only) I get a little more than 22mpg

I have 4200 miles on made a run from Orlando to Bradenton and got 23.5 running 75-80 around

town my wife get 17-18 I'm looking for a cold air package has anyone heard of anything out there.

nobody seems to make a really good one of these yet, but I'm not sure how great of an improvement there would be in the Edge as some other vehicles, as others have wondered too. I saw one setup for sale, I think on eBay but was not overly impressed. it was sort of a universal looking intake

nobody seems to make a really good one of these yet, but I'm not sure how great of an improvement there would be in the Edge as some other vehicles, as others have wondered too. I saw one setup for sale, I think on eBay but was not overly impressed. it was sort of a universal looking intake

I've seen some of the universal kits on the web

Still waiting. I also talked to K&N but they said no Idea on a time frame

I find that if more people would call and request a part the company may respond sooner.