Issue with AdvanceTrac warning

pdilow

This is a writeup I found via Google here. But assume anything connected to traction control that is providing faulty or missing data would pop the light. That would include brakes, wheel speed sensors, transmission sensors (TSS/OSS), etc. As the writeup explains, there might be a brake booster sensor (if active) or the ABS module (if booster is electrically actuated) kicking it off in this specific instance.

BTW, the master cylinder can bleed into the brake booster due to a damaged seal. Check your brake fluid for level & clarity.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 1 year later...

I recently purchased a 2013 Ford Edge SEL and noticed a warning light that says, Warning Advance Trac" came on when I was in park. This has happened twice. Also, my turn signals are hard to push up or down when trying to turn. I of course bought it used at a Honda dealer in my area, and they are not too helpful when it comes to servicing this car. Another thing, I took my vehicle in to have the brakes checked because when I backup, they make a loud squeaking noise. I was told the brakes were repaired, but I am still having this issue. It's a lot, but any suggestions, I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Welcome!

Does the AdvanceTrac warning go away if you shift out of Park and drive away? Does the squeaking noise happen first thing in the morning when you backup, or any time? Do you backup slowly or quickly? How old is the battery in the car? If original, it's due for replacement, since dying batteries cause a lot of electrical gremlins to appear.

AdvanceTrac issues are usually related to wheel speed sensors, so maybe one or more of them was damaged/not reconnected properly while the brakes were serviced. Could be a tone ring also, but check sensors & wiring for fraying/damage/rust first.

OEM brakes CAN be loud especially if the rotors are turned and not replaced with pads as a set. BUT if the noise occurs after the Edge has been sitting for a while, it very well could be rust buildup being cleared off at that time. You may not have the option to do this, but I usually accelerate quickly (whether in D or R) in this situation for just a split second, and that seems to clear the binding that creates the squeak. If you use the parking brake, it is the rear brakes that are engaged and thus, bind.

The best option for the turn signal switch is to get the a new switch EB5Z-13341-AA. It will work better.

https://secure.revolutionparts.com/levittown-ford/auto-parts/2014/ford/edge/sel-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/electrical-cat/switches-scat

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I just bought my 2013 a couple months ago. It has 56k miles.

A few minutes after I start my Edge, and only if I sit in park for a few minutes. The "Traction Control Off" light will come on.. then shortly there after, the "Service Advance Trac" light will come on.

If I start the vehicle and drive right away, I don't get any warnings.

I'm not pleased as this is the 3rd issue I've had with this vehicle already!

I'm noticing a sulfer smell, and I've got some intermittent strange whining noise coming from the dash upon starting. Dealer has me turning off my climate control every time I turn my vehicle off. Seems to be working so far.

This vehicle is becoming way too expensive!

Any ideas why I'm getting the Service Advance Trac while in park only??

Possibly a sensor that needs some cleaning (lost some sensitivity) or is in early stages of failure. In more "advanced" cases, the ABS tone ring would be another possibility, as the "teeth" are known to break or the ring itself could crack.

Do you have manual or automatic climate control? Is your Edge under warranty? If you start hearing a clicking noise, that is very likely a blend door actuator on its' way out.

• 1 year later...

I am new to the forum and I would like to share my recent experience with the Advance Trac warning light.

The warning light first came up during extremely low temperature this winter while driving. It would randomly come up on occasions but it would usually turn off after few seconds of driving or after turning the car off and turning back on. I took my Edge to the dealership and their diagnosis was that my battery is almost dead. Apparently the battery and Advance Trac system have the same diagnosis code so the advance trac system light would come up with the low battery. I find it hard to believe. Anyone heard anything like that? The battery might have been low on power so I don't think I was ripped off at the dealership but is my problem fixed?

When testing a battery checking the voltage is not enough. You must put a load tester on it to actually see the cranking amps.

Also the new automotive batteries do not seem to last like batteries once did. If I buy a 3 year battery nowadays, I chance it after 3 years. Not worth the wife or kids getting stranded.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Long periods of idling (gen 1.5) will cause a false warning, there is a TSB addressing it.

Do you happen to have a link to the TSB or the TSB number?

I want to have all my ducks in a row for when I take it in to the dealer. Last time I talked to them about this issue, they didn't know of a TSB..

Thank you!

Here is the condition for oil pressure light TSB 11-12-7

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ovofE803vsATVjNzYgGTqt7JC8mga5Pt

Here is the long idle condition where some have had it pop up TSB 13-1-15

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18rPm9EX1weiU5A_zBZXc1jpJd3-vV2MX

The solution in both cases is to update PCM calibration.

• Thanks 1