FWD or AWD

Smiley

The FWD SEL cause: Item: #1. I had been waiting......The dealer had three cars the day they came in.. A banana colored SEL nicely appointed with 18" wheels and 2 Red SE with nuttin' and cloth seats.... cheap-o 17" wheels..... Made my choice real easy. Item: #2.... Refer to Item #1 above......... :shift: ....Sr.

Edited by edgesenior

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious how many of you opted for AWD and how many for FWD. I chose FWD since my wife has an AWD Escape at home. Never really got stuck in 6 years with a FWD Nissan Maxima in Washington DC area weather either.

Ā 

:happy feet: AWD here in Tidewater,VA as being able to pull a boat out of the water on slippery ramps is a must for me. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got my new MKX with AWD in NJ. The dealer here stocks AWD only. That is what the customers want. I would not have considered FWD. Why get a CUV without AWD, as the above poster mentioned?

Ā 

It will help get me to work in poor weather. My wife will primarily drive it, so it is reassuring to know she has AWD in poor weather. We get a lot of mixed weather here in NJ. Slush, rain/snow, wintery mix type of weather. AWD is a definite plus. The additional price was not a factor and didn't prevent my addition of Monochrome limited ed., 20's, BAMR, NAV, and THX II stereo.

Ā 

I love my MKX.

• 2 weeks later...

AWD in Toronto. The stock tires are great in the last snowstorm. Got over 12" of powdered wind blown snow. Drove the Edge through a few high snowdrifts and windrows with no problems!!! It runs better than my old 2003 Land Rover Discovery did. The traction is great ... just that the tires are a bit poor on icey surfaces. Wanted to get the Nokian SUV tires ... they don't make it in our size ... bummer ...

The AWD is amazing. My MXK plows through the snow with no problems. Like there isn't even snow on the ground.

Ā 

Impressive compared to all the FWD cars I've ever owned. And this comes from a guy who would drive up hills in reverse with my 84' Olds Cutlass Supreme, RWD 307HP, 4 barrel carb ... no problems man.

I got my new MKX with AWD in NJ. The dealer here stocks AWD only. That is what the customers want. I would not have considered FWD. Why get a CUV without AWD, as the above poster mentioned?

Ā 

It will help get me to work in poor weather. My wife will primarily drive it, so it is reassuring to know she has AWD in poor weather. We get a lot of mixed weather here in NJ. Slush, rain/snow, wintery mix type of weather. AWD is a definite plus. The additional price was not a factor and didn't prevent my addition of Monochrome limited ed., 20's, BAMR, NAV, and THX II stereo.

Ā 

I love my MKX.

You took the words right out of my mouth. The guy at my dealership tried to explain to me about why FWD is just as good as AWD just because that's what they had on the floor at the time. Hello, I've been a mechanic for over 14 years plus I live in Germany. Yeh right Mr. Dealer, just have my AWD built for me please? lol....

• 4 weeks later...

I opted for the FWD drive this time because of all the problems I had with our late lamented Explorer.

Ā 

Chicagoland has had it's share of snow, and the FWD has handled it with no troubles. I can break the rear end in deep snow or ice, but with the OD off, it plows right through.

Just curious how many of you opted for AWD and how many for FWD. I chose FWD since my wife has an AWD Escape at home. Never really got stuck in 6 years with a FWD Nissan Maxima in Washington DC area weather either.

Ā 

Ā 

I got the AWD here in Oregon since I had been use to an Expedition for the last 10 years. Like the security in bad weather traveling the hills I have to my house. Really love the way the Edge drives compared to the Expedition. :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...