MyFord Touch V3.2

I downloaded the 3.2.2 update onto my SanDisk 4 GB USB device from the computer no problem, but when I put the device in the USB port in my vehicle, I see on the touch screen the system recognizes a USB device but then nothing happens. After about one minute I get an on screen message that says "USB device not compatible. Please remove". Anyone else have this issue and any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

COZ:

I downloaded the update to an 8GB drive and plugged it into the USB drive in my car and nothing happens.

Tried the other USB drive, Same thing.

Tried having the flash drive plugged in before starting the car and also while the car is running.

All I get is a response on the 8" screen that it sees a drive in the USB port.

But nothing happens.

This is frustrating.

Downloaded the 3.2 update from the sync my ride site. installed USB stick in drive and went to the Sync screen and click install update. It loaded in about 25 mins and the temp is back on 8 inch screen. Phone was still connected. Check all four screen corners on my 2011 Edge main screen and all appears ok.

COZ:

I downloaded the update to an 8GB drive and plugged it into the USB drive in my car and nothing happens.

Tried the other USB drive, Same thing.

Tried having the flash drive plugged in before starting the car and also while the car is running.

All I get is a response on the 8" screen that it sees a drive in the USB port.

But nothing happens.

This is frustrating.

Try

Start the vehicle

plug the usb in

goto to maintenance screen (Gears bottom right of home button)

goto settings

in setting go to system

Scroll down to : install application

then click on install software application

from here in about 5 min the screen will change to installing update

then the system will reboot

then microsoft sync page will come up saying 20 min to install

system will reboot

radio will start playing

install complete will come up - press ok

system will perform Maintenance

Then Done - Approx 30 min total with the vehicle running the whole time

This is how my update went

I understand that up until or including MY 2012, the temp display showed on the center screen along with the clock. I have a 2013 which NEVER showed the temp except on the small right hand screen on the dash. I have the latest version of MFT installed from the factory when my car was built in the later part of April, 2012. I have SYNC Version GEN-2 V3.0.2 according to the SYNC site.

I have to find out if this latest update will INSTALL the temp into the big screen on my model, which never had that option to begin with. Guess I'll check over on the other sites to see if this question is addressed. Again, sure would LOVE to have the temp being displayed where it is easy to see.

The original version of MFT had the temp up until the new code release this spring which removed it. The 2013 vehicles got the new code so it was missing. Now it will be added back when you do the update. That's been reported over and over and over.

This is why I think I will wait and see what everyone thinks. Would like to get temp back but not worth dealing with headaches. Last winter the system left us without heat several times. so far 3.02 hasn't given us any HVAC issues. Since this update took 6 months to come out I don't want to chance the winter months just yet.

I've noticed a bunch of things with the phone section. like when you are on a call and on the 4 square screen the signal and battery bar are overlapping text. this happens to if you are on one of the other screens and up on the yellow bar it says "iphone connected" and it will have those bars over top of the text. The one thing I wish they would do is put the name of the song and artist playing on the home screen and also what fan speed is on.

and it's kind of annoying that I get out of my car and the screen stays on longer. i liked when I opened the door and it went off.

Edited by c_bova
  • Like 1

The one thing I wish they would do is put the name of the song and artist playing on the home screen and also what fan speed is on.

and it's kind of annoying that I get out of my car and the screen stays on longer. i liked when I opened the door and it went off.

So the four square screen no longer shows artist/track when playing music from a USB drive?

Also, how long does the screen stay on after opening the door? I also like the instant off so this would potentially delay me in updating my system.

Thanks tmbubell, your instructions were bang on. I downloaded the updates no problem this morning. Thanks to flightplannerjim and normcloutier for your replies too. It's nice to know if you have an issue, you can put it out there in the forum and somebody will have the answer for you. I must say if you try to follow the syncmyride.com instructions, you will be scratching your head like I was until I posted in the forum. Thanks again guys.

Thanks Norm.

I'll try that today.

The other updates have started automatically without intervention on my part which is why I thought something was wrong.

Reporting in with a successful update and an outside temperature displaying on the main screen where it used to be located.

Am so glad the Ford temperature programmer finally came back from his/her extended safari in the jungle and was able to undo the code to re-allow this.

And as COZZY said, thanks to the folks on this forum too for able assistance.

I haven't run it through it's paces yet, but I wanted to report a successful installation on my 2013 SEL w/MFT, no nav. It took exactly 22 minutes start to finish. Only noticeable change so far is the temp display in the main screen.

<eta> did not lose phone info, connections or any other stored info that I can see...

Edited by W-edge

Finished my update a little while ago... took only 20 minutes from start to finish. I also didn't lose any settings at all (radio, sirius, nav favorites, phone pairings), upgraded without any issues.

The temp on the big screen is sometimes one degree off of the small screen which is strange, but nothing huge.

I don't have the phone text overlapping issue another user had, and my screen shuts off immediately when opening the door which is good (i.e. no change in pre-update behavior).

The original version of MFT had the temp up until the new code release this spring which removed it. The 2013 vehicles got the new code so it was missing. Now it will be added back when you do the update. That's been reported over and over and over.

It may have been reported over and over and over, but until just a few posts previous to this one, it was never addressed for the 2013 question of if it added it. It had been repeated many times it added it BACK to 2012 and earlier models, but not that it ADDED it for the FIRST time on the 2013 models. Now there is confirmation that it is also added to the 2013's.

It may have been reported over and over and over, but until just a few posts previous to this one, it was never addressed for the 2013 question of if it added it. It had been repeated many times it added it BACK to 2012 and earlier models, but not that it ADDED it for the FIRST time on the 2013 models. Now there is confirmation that it is also added to the 2013's.

There is no difference in the software between 2011, 2012 and 2013 models.

does Ford even test this software before they release it? I'm a software engineer and I'm surprised half this crap makes it through quality assurance.

Yes they test it. They know exactly how many bugs are in it but for some reason they've been unable to get all the bugs out yet. Or I should say Microsoft and BSquare haven't been able to get out all the bugs. It's a fiasco and I'm sure they're looking to start over from scratch for the next version.

Noticed something else with the update other than temp display.

I have a lifetime Sirius radio subscription and after the update all of my sync services are working and say subscribed

weather, movies, gas etc. Never worked before in Canada

Its cause there's a Sirius trial going on, I think it ends Sept 11th, 2012 I haven't updated and all mine say Subscribed except radio, and yes the radio works, but tells me i'm unsubscribed.. I tried some of the travelink stuff, however most of it isn't working in the GTA. i.e. weather shows buffalo NY.

M.

Less than a minute to download and about 15 minutes to install. Only thing was at the end of the final reboot, I got an error message that the USB drive could not be read. However, everything appears to be working fine. But I cannot confirm the install on syncmyride.com as there is no log file on my USB drive.

Glad to have the temperature back!!!

Noticed something else with the update other than temp display.

I have a lifetime Sirius radio subscription and after the update all of my sync services are working and say subscribed

weather, movies, gas etc. Never worked before in Canada

Not to change the subject matter but tmbubell how long ago did you get the sirius radio subscription?

Not to change the subject matter but tmbubell how long ago did you get the sirius radio subscription?

I got it with my 2003 Steeda Focus in 2005 for $499 (I Think) , Sirius transferred it to my 2007 Roush Mustang for free in 2007 and then transferred it to the Edge for $75 in 2011.

Edited by tmbubell