MyFord Touch V3.2

Downloaded the V3.2.2 update off SMR to a thumbdrive, and did the install. Took about 45 minutes, no problems. Checked nav, all my favorites were there, as was the space bar. All radio presets were retained. Temerature back on touch screen. Phone paired ok. All good so far.

Then I plugged in my Ipod, and started playing music. System locked up shortly thereafter, and nothing I tried would free it up. Only the USB (Ipod) was affected. Message said it was indexing. Anyway, I did a Master reset (following instructions) and after the reboot, everything was back up, working ok. (Lost all my nav favorites though)

One issue following the reset: Space bar on nav screen has gone away (grayed out). Not a huge deal, but would be nice to have that function back.

Is the nav card that came with the V3.0 update the most current, or is a new one required with the V3.2.2?

I downloaded 3.2.2 and it seems to work fine except the temperature reading in the 8 inch screen is often but not always one degree less than the temperature reading in the lcd display in front of the driver. Sometimes the temperature readings are the same for a brief period of time, but soon changes to one degree less in the 8 inch screen. I think a few others reported this issue when the update came out, but I have not seen if anyone has found out the cause or a resolution. I contacted snyncmyride.com and they advised they have never heard of this problem (not a lot of help). Their suggestion was to do a master reset which I did, but that did not resolve this issue. Can anyone suggest a solution? It's nice having the temperature showing in the 8 inch screen, but now that I often have two different temperature readings displayed, it is rather annoying. Is there a way to reset or recalibrate the outside temperature sensor?

bce said: Just wondering -- is it always grayed out or just when it doesn't make sense? Like as the first character of the street name?

To clarify: When entering a favorite to navigation, on the name line the space bar is grayed out. If I want first name then last name, I have to dash, underscore or some other character to create the space. However, when I drop to the address line the space bar is functional. Not an issue I can't work around...just strange.

(Of course, it's quite possible I'm wrong about seeing the spacebar in the first place.)

Other notes:

Temp readings are the same on both screens

Rear camera works fine

Upon start-up, it seems the new version takes a bit longer to fully boot up than V3.0 did

Edited by SoMdLimited

My guess would be different update rates for the two displays.

I was thinking it was likely that the cluster display rounds up or down while the centre display looks like it is truncating so that a temp of 33.6 displays as 34 in the cluster and as 33 on the touch screen.

Sorry but it's my inner geek leaking out. :shrug:

I just did the update with a usb on my 11 limited with no issues. My only thing is once complete it said if you have navi with card not to do install. Well guess what I have navi so what does this mean? My current card is A3 ct4t-19h449-ab. Is this the most current?

Thanks

I saw that too after I reported my update on SMR. I had asked about that in an earlier post. My nav seems to be working ok. Anyone have any further info for us on that?

Back on 9/15, I did the self update to 3.2.2 and all went well. Unfortunately, for the past few weeks, my system has developed a new issue. Voice commands won't work properly now for USB. Voice commands for Nav & Phone work fine, but when I give the voice command to control my iPod, the system gets confused and does nothing.

For example, let's say I'm listening to the radio and I hit the voice command button. I would say: "USB > Play Album Beautiful Day." I then hear the Sync tone that the system has accepted the command and the source will switch to my iPod, but the album will not play. In fact, nothing plays. So when I try to manually browse the iPod after that point, the only thing I see that are available to me are the video files (movies, video podcasts, etc.), but no audio anywhere. I can switch to another audio source, but no longer have control of the iPod either through voice command or manual browsing.

At that point, I have only found three fixes: 1) Kill the car and restart, 2) Reboot MFT or 3) Disconnect & reboot my iPod. All of those allow regular browsing of the audio files on my iPod through the MFT system, but essentially my voice commands can no longer be used for USB. That really is one of the best uses of Sync's voice command since it takes so stinkin' long to get to an album on my iPod to play it.

I didn't have this problem with 3.0.2, but that update was done at the dealership. Anybody having a similar problem?

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

Back on 9/15, I did the self update to 3.2.2 and all went well. Unfortunately, for the past few weeks, my system has developed a new issue. Voice commands won't work properly now for USB. Voice commands for Nav & Phone work fine, but when I give the voice command to control my iPod, the system gets confused and does nothing.

For example, let's say I'm listening to the radio and I hit the voice command button. I would say: "USB > Play Album Beautiful Day." I then hear the Sync tone that the system has accepted the command and the source will switch to my iPod, but the album will not play. In fact, nothing plays. So when I try to manually browse the iPod after that point, the only thing I see that are available to me are the video files (movies, video podcasts, etc.), but no audio anywhere. I can switch to another audio source, but no longer have control of the iPod either through voice command or manual browsing.

At that point, I have only found three fixes: 1) Kill the car and restart, 2) Reboot MFT or 3) Disconnect & reboot my iPod. All of those allow regular browsing of the audio files on my iPod through the MFT system, but essentially my voice commands can no longer be used for USB. That really is one of the best uses of Sync's voice command since it takes so stinkin' long to get to an album on my iPod to play it.

I didn't have this problem with 3.0.2, but that update was done at the dealership. Anybody having a similar problem?

Peace,

DM

It could be your ipod. Can you try a different mp3 player?

Forum member ladybird4 posted in section 'My Ford Touch new software release', that the new release has not been made public yet. Beside the update, you will also get a new SD card if you have nav in your car, so this release must have more than what is

in the link that factor99 posted. I will have to check this out at my dealerships service dept. Anyone else have more on this?

Edited by JOEHIO