Shift to Park Warning when it's in Park

AmyLovesHerEdge

• 9 months later...

Thanks for all the great info on this issue gentlemen. I've been having this problem with my 2013 Edge Sport for a couple months now. I have an extended warranty so may let the dealership fix this, but am tempted to do the simple switch replacement myself if I can find a source for that OMRON switch in Canada, or via an online order. I tried to access the Mouser Electronics site thru the posted link but when I click on either the Canada or United States location option I am blocked from proceeding and get an "Access Denied" message. I'll try some other options to contact Mouser, or search for another supplier. If i do conduct the repair myself I'll take some photos of the process and try to upload to this site. Thanks again for the reference material, and especially to DD2000GT for the great write-up on his repair.

Thanks for all the great info on this issue gentlemen. I've been having this problem with my 2013 Edge Sport for a couple months now. I have an extended warranty so may let the dealership fix this, but am tempted to do the simple switch replacement myself if I can find a source for that OMRON switch in Canada, or via an online order. I tried to access the Mouser Electronics site thru the posted link but when I click on either the Canada or United States location option I am blocked from proceeding and get an "Access Denied" message. I'll try some other options to contact Mouser, or search for another supplier. If i do conduct the repair myself I'll take some photos of the process and try to upload to this site. Thanks again for the reference material, and especially to DD2000GT for the great write-up on his repair.

You can find it elsewhere online. Here for example .

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks omar302......great info.....too bad for years owners of edges and mkx's have spent upwards of $700 to repair something that a $32 (CDN) part plus labour would fix....I just went to the dealership for this "shift to park" alert, showed them the bulletins including the Dec 2107 one describing the simple switch replacement and they argued with me that their technician has always replaced the shift module for the problem. I explained that in black and white from Ford, it says the switch is all that's required. my point was..."its the new way and a new part". the advisor said he was noting on the bill that I refused to replace the shift module for the problem. it was like talking to a brick....the dealership couldn't comprehend there was a fix for something they'd been doing a different more costly way for years. but, in the end I'm confident its fixed

• Like 2

Omar302...I shared this info on the Lincoln MKX website cuz my vehicle is actually a 2013 MKX .....(gave you credit for your sleuthing)....I hope it saves everyone money going forward.

In my case, I hope the dealership sends me a satisfaction survey about the visit cuz they'll be getting an earful about the service departments attitude

Thanks agn

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...