ambient lighting problem after sync update

update...Dealer talked to hotline & FSE( Field service engineer) - AGAIN. They replaced the media hub & said try that. Again the FSE disclaimed all over the place don't pair a phone, don't use screen savers ( I think he meant wallpaper) don't use usb plugs....

Oh well....I drove for 4 + years with I phone and wallpaper and apple USB plugs but I guess when you are not that Techie you just attribute hard tasks to the easy culprits- despite the evidence- OH well.... I guess I'll see after another 20 hours of use... ( maybe the 3.8 update will help)

Ok, got my 1st system restart (or reboot or whatever Ford calls it claiming that it doesn't happen) after approximately ~19 hours. I mean the restart that happens while car is off and previously in V3.6.2 caused ambient lights to reset to default. Glad to report that ambient lights do NOT reset in V3.8 (as was also the case with V3.7), but now also the phone ringer & text notification did NOT reset. So good news here, thanks Ford IVT team for fixing it.

Ā 

On the other hand, the display brightness setting did reset. To explain this a little more, I have set it to auto (to flip between day/night) which is the default setting, but also set the auto brightness offset setting to the minimum (far left). So at night I get dimmer screen. What happens is when the restart thing happens, the auto bright offset resets to default & I get a brighter screen which is noticeable at night. Note that the slider for the setting does not change (remains at far left), but switching to night display will cause the auto brightness offset setting to kick in & then going back to auto setting it will stick & scree will be dimmer, until the next system restart.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

update...... So it appears all that effort with ford regional rep and dealer and the Field service engineer and the several weeks they had vehicle and all the back & forth trying to blame my phone and reprogramming the APMI and then replacing the APIM...

and refusing the 3.7 update and not stating that a 3.8 update would soon be released.. and all the lies and run around and wasted 3 weeks of a rental vehicle while dealer tried to listen to the ford "experts"....

Ā 

all comes down to Ford messed up... tried to fix on 3.7... wouldn't admit that their TSB did not fix all models ... and once 3.8 was installed I have not seen the issue.

Really? All that smoke and mirrors?

Edited by drpepper

Exactly my point. The ambient lighting was fixed in 3.7 but for us owners that could not get 3.7 we were not just left out.

For me when I raised the issue- ford spent three months over the summer spinning around in circles denying that problem even existed and that it was fixed and when I pushed -would not release 3.7 or the relevant part of the fix and when I escalated the issue my dealer go a regional manager involved and then brought in a regional field service engineer and rental car for several weeks for me- all the while Ford people not having a f$&@ clue ... Boy they look like the lying fools of left hand not having a clue what the right hand is doing .... All along I said isn't this a corp. thing & need to reach out to the soft ware engineers- I even directly called the one that sent me the direct reboot app a few years ago- but again forced silence.
Ford messes up will not own up. Release notes for 3.8 or even prior versions do not state they fixed certain hot topic issues.
And now the breadcrumbs feature is messed up but ambient light is fixed.

So long story- a few of us have seen the latest version 3.8 does not have the issue that was introduced on v 3.6.

Edited by drpepper

Update, now 2 more times the screen brightness reverted after the system "Restart" thing. It took about 21 hours of drive time for the reset to occur. Will try to get a video next time to show the brightness change. The ambient lights, ringer & text notification all remained as selected, so that's good.

• 1 month later...

My ambient lighting was looking to be fixed roughly 2 months ago after changing countless modules. Now within the last week I have a new, and completely different issue with the ambient lighting. Reached out to the customer service rep I had been working on previously as they asked me to if it re appeared. What a surprise a week later and still no response from them. The dealer said it isn't worth bringing it in until I speak with the customer service person because they expedite the "experts" to fix this. I don't get how this issue constantly crops up, and evolves....like some kind of virus. Total tally, 6 trips....33 days before its inevitable return to the dealer.

• 4 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread. This one kind of touches on 2 things I was trying to learn about.

Ā The first thing is with our 2013 SEL, now that my daughter is driving it, whenever she connects her iphone it goes into the scheduled maintenance reboot thing. I've only noticed this happen a few times over the years for me, but I use an android. I noticed a few mentions in this thread about Ford blaming issues on the phone?

Ā Second thing is about our 2019 ambient lighting. I was just wondering if there is any way to change the color for the courtesy entry from the default light blue? It seems the color change is only for when the car is running?

Ā 

1 hour ago, tkw said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread. This one kind of touches on 2 things I was trying to learn about.

Ā The first thing is with our 2013 SEL, now that my daughter is driving it, whenever she connects her iphone it goes into the scheduled maintenance reboot thing. I've only noticed this happen a few times over the years for me, but I use an android. I noticed a few mentions in this thread about Ford blaming issues on the phone?

Ā Second thing is about our 2019 ambient lighting. I was just wondering if there is any way to change the color for the courtesy entry from the default light blue? It seems the color change is only for when the car is running?

Ā 

Can't answer the first part. But for ambient lighting default color, it is not a user changeable color, but it can be changedĀ using ForScan.Ā 

Ā 

image.thumb.png.c43ec493599ba15d4929dc8105c64060.png

10 hours ago, tkw said:

Thanks Omar. I know what Forscan is, I am not sure that is something I would want to mess with. Do you know if this is something that a dealership could or would change with their equipment?

Ā 

A tech at a dealership might have the capabilities to do it, but it is highly unlikely that you'll find one who would because it is not a standard procedure.