2011 Edge limited Driver door ajar issue

Racerb0y

please help.  I received this recall notice last week.  I had this fixed in 09/2016.  I paid for it.  My car is 2011 and had 54K miles on it at the time.  I took my receipt to the dealer and they said I was not covered!!  They say that it had to fail within 7 years or 84K miles.  Which it did.  They are saying if it happened NOW they would cover it.  It makes absolutely NO SENSE!  Called Ford and they say the same thing.  Asked for a supervisor but was told they would not deviate from what this rep said.  Can someone please explain why I would not be covered?  Back in 2016 when it happened I saw all the posts of the issue, and I knew it would eventually be recalled so I kept all that paperwork in a safe place, waiting!  

3 hours ago, leanne said:

please help.  I received this recall notice last week.  I had this fixed in 09/2016.  I paid for it.  My car is 2011 and had 54K miles on it at the time.  I took my receipt to the dealer and they said I was not covered!!  They say that it had to fail within 7 years or 84K miles.  Which it did.  They are saying if it happened NOW they would cover it.  It makes absolutely NO SENSE!  Called Ford and they say the same thing.  Asked for a supervisor but was told they would not deviate from what this rep said.  Can someone please explain why I would not be covered?  Back in 2016 when it happened I saw all the posts of the issue, and I knew it would eventually be recalled so I kept all that paperwork in a safe place, waiting!  

What exactly does your receipt say was repaired and why?

8 hours ago, leanne said:

Seems like you really should get reimbursed if it was indeed the front drivers door and you had it done at a Ford Dealership.  They're making it sound like they'll only cover the cost if it breaks between the time you received this notice to July 2020.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Does anyone here have this issue? My lights don't come on when I open the drivers door. I don't have the door ajar problem however it seems like I have the opposite side of this. It's a 2013 btw

Do they come on when the passenger door is opened?   On later models there is a switch on the overhead console.

I got the same notice about a month ago.  The way I read it,  they extended the warranty on the door latch to 120,000 miles,  but if you had it repaired at your own cost, within 6 years of the vehicle going into service and less than 75000 miles (I think) you would be reimbursed.   I took the original receipt for my vehicle back to the ford dealer that did the repair,  they took all the information including the original receipt, said they would give it to the warranty department,  I have heard nothing since.  I have a 2011 Edge  it was repaired in 2016 with less the 65,000 miles,  $490.00.   Not sure I will see that money,  if they are not going to honor it,  then I won't honor them by buying another Ford.