Exhaust question removing middle muffler?

the64game

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

To those that replaced the front muffler with a straight through pipe, could you tell me if the inside of the muffler is any narrower (less diameter) than the muffler inlet or outlet? I read it is a straight through muffler - kinda like a glasspack - so I was hoping you can peek and let me know. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've actually done the resonator delete on my 10 Edge Limited and it sounds like a Honda civic at times. The resonator that came off is in fact a straight through design. I replaced it with a Thrush glasspacked resonator. It ended up being mildly louder then stock after adding the Thrush resonator.

And a big fyi. Hollowing out your Catalytic Converter is a bad idea. A cat has a "honey comb design". Each individual hole add up to the size of exhaust piping on your vehicle. Hollowing out your cat will change 2.5" to 5, 6 or 7 inch pipe cause you to lose flow and therefore lose power. Keep the cats as is or just cut them out.

Concerning the removal of the cat, I know it's not legal for a licensed dealer to sell a car here in Indiana without a catalytic converter. If you remove or modify any part of the emissions controls and sell or trade to a dealer, he will reduce you sale or trade by the amount required to restore the car to oem. (And charge you list price+labor).

Don't know about other states, but I would imagine it's the same.

I understand why anyone like a little oomph sound with their car, to me, they just sound bad with an automatic. With a luxury car, I prefer quiet. Dead silent, in fact. Even road noise is annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

So when you say you did the resonator delete and it sounded like a Honda at times, is that with a straight pipe in its place or is that with the thrush? Just making sure I understand correctly. Thanks

I've actually done the resonator delete on my 10 Edge Limited and it sounds like a Honda civic at times. The resonator that came off is in fact a straight through design. I replaced it with a Thrush glasspacked resonator. It ended up being mildly louder then stock after adding the Thrush resonator.

And a big fyi. Hollowing out your Catalytic Converter is a bad idea. A cat has a "honey comb design". Each individual hole add up to the size of exhaust piping on your vehicle. Hollowing out your cat will change 2.5" to 5, 6 or 7 inch pipe cause you to lose flow and therefore lose power. Keep the cats as is or just cut them out.