Throttle Body Service or Failure

Maavalous1

Thanks for your reply Todd and 2011edgese,

Picked the car up from the dealership today. We decided to get the Throttle Body changed out regardless as I would rather pay than risk my family being hurt. The price wasn't as bad as we thought, they charged us around $73 just for the parts and it will be ready for pick up on Saturday.

I got them to confirm the pricing multiple times because I thought that it would cost more, so I guess we'll see on Saturday whether or not they ordered the right part in!

2011edgese, on mine if you open the driver's door and then look low on the post between the front door and where the rear door is still closed, you will see a label with the date at the top left. It is only the month and year. Mine is a 2013 but I would think yours would be in the same area unless the car had been repainted or repaired and it had been removed.

Thanks for your reply Todd and 2011edgese,

Picked the car up from the dealership today. We decided to get the Throttle Body changed out regardless as I would rather pay than risk my family being hurt. The price wasn't as bad as we thought, they charged us around $73 just for the parts and it will be ready for pick up on Saturday.

I got them to confirm the pricing multiple times because I thought that it would cost more, so I guess we'll see on Saturday whether or not they ordered the right part in!

woah! Does sound very low. Anyone else know on the price? I was expecting around 300$ to 600$. Who knows now, wait like you said. And hope the price and part is correct.

2011edgese, on mine if you open the driver's door and then look low on the post between the front door and where the rear door is still closed, you will see a label with the date at the top left. It is only the month and year. Mine is a 2013 but I would think yours would be in the same area unless the car had been repainted or repaired and it had been removed.

ill take another look tomorrow. Thanks for to tip.

Used to be on the window sticker that you looked up online, but that info is no longer on there. ETIS is the only reliable source I know of, other than a dealer of course.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Do you have Java enabled on your Note 2? From your browser, enter the advanced menu settings to check. Otherwise you will likely need a Java emulator installed.

The throttle body on EBay is for around $232.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281140116969

And that's a reliable Ford online parts seller, @CCL123 I highly suggest you double check they installed the right part. The $73 might have been for labor only.

@2011edgese, the Etis website works fine on my HTC One, stock browser. There must a setting to make it work in your Note.

The throttle body on EBay is for around $232.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281140116969

And that's a reliable Ford online parts seller, @CCL123 I hthighly suggest you double check they installed the right part. The $73 might have been for labor only.

@2011edgese, the Etis website works fine on my HTC One, stock browser. There must a setting to make it work in your Note.

must be the OS. I'm all on jb. R u on kitkat?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update!

Got the throttle body installed on the Edge and it seems to drive better. This applies for how well the car accelerates from a simple red light as well! There is no more of that harsh thrust sometimes I get when I'm accelerating from a complete stop.

And also, no more stalling (hopefully)!! :worship:

Sorry for the late update, things have been crazy busy lately.

Edited by CCL123

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks into the new Throttle Body...Stalling AGAIN.

Same situation, on the highway going at about 110 km/h speed!

We change out the air filter as it was dirty anyways....we have no idea what more to do at this point

Have you considered going to a different dealer for a second opinion, CCL123?

Todd

• 1 month later...

I have a 2011 Edge SED AWD 33K miles and I have the same issue. My problem started last week and it has happend 2 times. I was driving 20 MPH and AWD Off light came on along with the wrench. I had no power from the engine even though it was running. I pulled over and the engine was running very rough and it felt like it was misfiring. I shut the enging off and restarted it and it was ok. I took it to the dealer and they said it did not throw a code but the tech called Ford and they told him to check seal plate on the transmission valve body. The replaced the seal plate and two days later the same thing happened again. The car has been at the dealer since the 8th and it did not throw a code and they believe it is the throttle body but since it did throw a code and the job is $1100.00 that they could not replace it. I refused to take the car home because of this issue and told them to FIX MY CAR! I have not heard from anyone today and I will post again when I have more information.