Well I most definitely didn't see this one coming

thirdgenlxi

Hey Jared! Hope you and the attorney figure something out 4 sure! I too grew up without pets around, and I too have enjoyed my time with my friends' pets. I have seen how much love and attention people shower on their "pets"/family members, wow! That kind of bond is just amazing, have to have a big heart for that. You were lucky to have Riley, and Riley to have you :)

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. No one should have to bury a dog at the hands of someone who did such a selfless deed. I wish you luck in bringing some justice in Riley death. I too an a dog lover and reading this story makes me so sad. He was a beautiful boy and you can tell from the pictures he wouldn't hurt anyone. I hope you have some luck with your attorney in making this guy pay for what he did even though it won't bring Riley back but at least you might prevent him from doing this to someone else's beloved dog.

Your story brought tears to my eyes! I to am an animal lover. As others have said you are an amazing person with a level head! I personally would go after the sherrif as well. If you can't file a law suit against the useless POS I would go after him when it is re-election time! My fiance and I don't have any kids, so our dogs are our kids. I honestly can't say what would happen if anyone hurt one of them. My dogs would never hurt anyone they might lick them raw but that would be about it... You have a vet's report saying where your dog was shot it clearly shows it wasn't a justified shooting. I would go over the sheriff's head as well. I would go to the state police for your area. I would also post photos of the guy, his car, his license plate etc everywhere with the story of what happened. Let all of the animal lovers in your area make his life hell! Best wishes with your outcome and no matter what there will be a void in your heart.... :(