Disable door keypad

Anyone know of a way to disable the keyless entry keypad on the driver door? Someone got into my car one night when I accidentally left it unlocked and they must have taken the master 5 digit code from the card in the glove box because every few weeks I find my car unlocked in the morning knowing that I left it locked for sure.

From what I understand the master code can not be changed so I want to disable the keypad by either pulling a fuse or disconnecting some wiring. Is there a way to do this?

Your best bet is to take it to the dealer. I was under the impression they can change the master code with IDS. If not, you can always pull the fuse or simply disconnect the keypad itself.

Is someone taking anything from your car, or just unlocking it to mess with you?

Stole some cash the first time which I no longer leave in the car but I think they come back hoping. I make sure not to leave anything of value on there... I'll check with the dealer next time I'm in and hopefully they can change the code or direct me to a specific fuse that disables just the keypad.

• 3 weeks later...

Stole some cash the first time which I no longer leave in the car but I think they come back hoping. I make sure not to leave anything of value on there... I'll check with the dealer next time I'm in and hopefully they can change the code or direct me to a specific fuse that disables just the keypad.

Took the car in today and the dealer suggested that the master code can not be changed or disabled so basically I'm out of luck as is anyone else who buys a used ford with keypad entry.

Is anyone able to point me to info that will help me unplug the keypad so I can temporarily disable it?

Took the car in today and the dealer suggested that the master code can not be changed or disabled so basically I'm out of luck as is anyone else who buys a used ford with keypad entry.

Is anyone able to point me to info that will help me unplug the keypad so I can temporarily disable it?

How is the previous owner going to find it?

You could take off door panel and disconnect the keypad from inside the door (tape up the loose ends to protect then). This will disable the keypad.

Apparently the master code is hard wired into the car's computer. You'd have to replace the entire computer to get a new code.

Maybe this is something your insurance would cover (assuming you filed a claim)?

Edited by candurin

Basically that's what I'm looking for some guidance on. How to unplug the keypad.

I assume it can be unplugged on the keypad side or on the central computer side.

Any ideas how I can determine where the keypad connects on the computer side so I don't have to pull the entire door apart to disconnect it? Alternatively, is there a way to pop the keypad off and disconnect it without taking the door apart?

Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence but maybe try changing the personal code you picked as well? Just in case the dude shoulder surfed someone using that one instead of getting the master code from the owners manual. It's a fairly quick easy thing to do.

I've seen several dealers have the policy of putting their dealership's zip code on all the new cars while on the lot. So the usual info sec advice of not using something "easy" to guess comes into play as well.

Got the door panel off however this doesn't get me to the keypad. It is on the other side of the window mechanism and the panel which holds the speaker. There are 10 bolts holding this in place and I took them off but the panel is attached to the window. Any idea how I get through this second panel the pull the keypad plug?

• 1 year later...

If you have the original keycode for the door, how do you enter a new code.

The information I have says enter the original numbers, then you will be allowed to enter new numbers of your choice.

I have entered the original numbers, but then nothing happens that allows me to enter a new set of numbers. What am I doing wrong?

The information I have says enter the original numbers, then you will be allowed to enter new numbers of your choice.

I have entered the original numbers, but then nothing happens that allows me to enter a new set of numbers. What am I doing wrong?

You didn't follow the directions in the owner's manual.

Programming a personal entry code and keypad association to

memory feature

To create your own personal entry code:

1. Enter the factory set code.

2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.

3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered

within five seconds of each other.

4. For memory recall feature, enter the sixth digit 1 • 2 to store driver 1

settings or 3 • 4 to store driver 2 settings.

Note: Pressing 5 • 6, 7 • 8, or 9 • 0 keypad numbers as a sixth digit

will not recall a driver memory setting.

Like what akirby wrote above, or, if you have MyFord Touch, in the main screen > Settings>Vehicle>Door Keypad Code.

• 6 years later...
Guest S browder

Pardon my ignorance. But I have the understanding that the Master Code is juST that... the Master Code. The Master Code, for lack of a better term, universal code can be used to erase and in essence override any others that have ever been entered in for before. 

If I AM NOT CORRECT, please correct me. I'm in a situation right now that my Master Code is known by my ex who keeps getting into my car using said Master Code.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! 

48 minutes ago, Guest S browder said:

Pardon my ignorance. But I have the understanding that the Master Code is juST that... the Master Code. The Master Code, for lack of a better term, universal code can be used to erase and in essence override any others that have ever been entered in for before. 

If I AM NOT CORRECT, please correct me. I'm in a situation right now that my Master Code is known by my ex who keeps getting into my car using said Master Code.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! 

You are correct.  Nothing you can do in this situation to disable keypad entry using the master code except possibly replace the entire BCM or physically unplug the keypad.