EDGE-2 Vertical LED DAYTIME Running Light

IN STOCK - ORDER NOW!

Made specifically for the 2011–2014 Ford Edge.

Order online today: www.DAYTIMEBrightLites.com

4sidebysidefinal_zpsabae9248.jpg

ADD SAFETY WITH HEAD-TURNING STYLE

(As if the Edge needed any help with this ;-).

3-sidebysidecloseup_zpsc9682271.jpg

Totally Unique:

- Automatic DRL functionality (on/off with ignition key)

- Direct replacement for the stock Ford bumper light.

- Perfect for Edge SE owners - Easily replace boring black plastic cover on Edges without the factory accent lights (SE models)

- 18 watts of power!

- Built-in Amber LED turn signal utilizing the brightest most dependable Osram LED chip technology

- Crystal clear vertical turn signal light bar for a clean, uniform and high tech look

- Night Dimming Function (DRL automatically dims to 70% with headlights)

Panorama-EDGE-2_zps3038fcdb.jpg

Simple installation:

- Detailed easy-to-follow written instructions with photos and wiring diagrams included.

- Online step-by-step installation video.

- Standard install time is 45 to 60 minutes.

- Email & Phone support available, including nights and weekends.

ONE-OF-A-KIND FEATURES & FUNCTIONS:

True factory DRL function – Included wire harness and controller provides hands off automatic operation. (Ignition key on, DRLs turn on. Key off, DRLs turn off).

Edge SE Owners (without factory lights):

- Our EDGE-2 DRL system is the perfect solution.

- The EDGE-2 DRLs comes with a kit with everything you need to easily replace those boring black plastic covers

High Tech Optics: - How do you produce a wide horizontal beam of light from a vertical light? With sophisticated optics. Our engineers spent many hours designing the bright chrome reflector with even more time spent in designing the crystal clear lens. We molded five vertical prism bands into the lens to help refract the vertical light horizontally. These features allow our DRL to achieve an incredible 140 degree beam spread making your Edge more visible to more drivers.

LED Vertitcal Turn Signal Light bar (Truly UNIQUE)

-Crystal clear light bar – Provides a clean, modern and uniform overall look of the DRL (no out-dated amber plastic lens), retaining the look of the original Ford accent light pipe.

-High power amber LEDs – We use high power Osram LED chips with custom optics to produce the brightest and widest light beam, providing the highest visibility.

Exclusive Headlight Dimming Function:

- Our EDGE-2 DRLs automatically dim to 70% of full brightness when the headlights are activated

- Provides a stylish accent light, many times brighter than the original factory Edge accent light.

- We incorporated this exclusive feature to avoid blinding oncoming drivers with our DRLs at full power. (Turn signal LEDs continue to function at 100% high brightness).

Items included in Kit: (Everything needed to install your new EDGE-2 LED DRLs):

- 2 each, EDGE-2NA vertical LED DAYTIME Running Lights

- 1 each, DRL Controller & Wire Harness

- Installation connectors and wire ties.

Tools required:

- Screwdriver and pliers (yep, that’s all you need).

Specifications:

For use with 12V vehicles only

Total Power Output: 18W

DRL LED Color: White ~6000K

Number of white LEDs: 12

Number of Amber LEDs: 12

Total number of LEDs: 24

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If after 14 days of receiving your EDGE-2 DRLs, you find you are not completely satisfied, return the kit to us in good condition with original packaging and we will refund your entire order amount, including the original shipping charge!

One Year Full Replacement Warranty.

DAYTIME BrightLites, LLC

"We make your stock lights BrightLites"

Contact us at info@DAYTIMEBrightLites.com

Edited by kc300c
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Literally, if you can use a socket or a wrench, you can have these installed in under 20 minutes. The scotchloks (included) make the electrical connection a breeze (simply use pliers to squeeze shut).

Dan provides great support. His videos explain it all and he's even available via phone to help out as well.

It's a VERY easy install, even if you can't hang a picture :)

Literally, if you can use a socket or a wrench, you can have these installed in under 20 minutes. The scotchloks (included) make the electrical connection a breeze (simply use pliers to squeeze shut).

Dan provides great support. His videos explain it all and he's even available via phone to help out as well.

It's a VERY easy install, even if you can't hang a picture :)

Goood to hear...looking into it now..does he ever have a group buy, specials, etc?

• 4 weeks later...

Norm's absolutely correct. There is a single trigger wire that would normally connect to one of the headlight wires that triggers the DRL to automatically dim to 70% when the headlights are activated. I would encourage you to not disable the dimming feature. My EDGE-2s are incredibly bright, even at 70% dimmed. You will likely have oncoming drivers flash their lights at you.

If you order a set, I would recommend going ahead and connecting the dimming trigger wire of one of the DRLs, so you can see just how bright they are when dimmed at night. You will see that they are several times brighter at 70% than the stock accent lights were.

Edited by kc300c

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Haven't been able to check the forum as often as I would like.

Does this void the factory warranty in any way? i purchased an extended warranty and would like to know before i take the jump.

There is a federal law, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, that prohibits manufacturers from voiding a warranty just for installing an aftermarket product a vehicle. Take a look at this article for details: http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/01/ftc-validates-right-to-install-aftermarket-parts.

i really wanna buy this, but i have my front turn signals act as my drl. i have a canadian edge . any one can help me with the wirings?

The installation is slightly different for the Canadian Edge with DRLs in the turn signal lights. I have attached the wiring instructions to connect the turn signal trigger wires.

Canadian Edge-Turn Signal Wiring Instructions.pdf

• Like 1

No need to activate or deactivate anything on your Edge with my EDGE-2 DRLs. The kit comes with its own wire harness and controller that controls all of the finctions independent of the vehicle settings. The EDGE-2 DRLs will function automatically when the ignition key is turned on and off, the same as most factory DRL systems do.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are a few of the pictures of my install.

post-30052-0-55829400-1410315106_thumb.jpg tapped into the passenger turn signal

post-30052-0-23743100-1410315125_thumb.jpg run from the module above the radiator along with existing wire loom

post-30052-0-82525300-1410315136_thumb.jpg control module mounted in the grill below air box scoop (hi temp double sided sticky tape from 3M)

post-30052-0-78238200-1410315149_thumb.jpg used wire loom to make fuse run into the front of the fuse box look cleaner.

• Like 1

I need to grab some of these for the fiance's new 2014 se. Just tryin to get the balls to attempt wiring myself lol

Very straight forward install. And KC will hell/call you if you have any problems.

My only issue with mine is that they are very "blue" and look very odd with the yellow/white factory headlights. I am not ready to switch to HIDs. I wish there was a simpler way to get them to match color.

• 11 months later...

I got these DRL lights they look amazing both day and night but I am disappointed by the quality of it. After installation, I found out that the passenger side Amber LEDs died! The good thing is that I contacted the seller about this issue and he told me that he will send me a replacement!

Edited by Dukhaykh

I need to grab some of these for the fiance's new 2014 se. Just tryin to get the balls to attempt wiring myself lol

Absolutely seamless installation with the step by step instructions included. If I can do it...ANYONE CAN !

The best part is they look amazing both day and night

Followed them up with daytimebrightlites headlight replacement kit which are a perfect match and make you Edge headlights amazingly bright

• 5 months later...

I have a Canadian 2011 Ford Edge SEL and have installed the kit. It works very well. I also have the HID kit installed from AbsoluteHID and they too work very well. I have not hooked up the LED dimming trigger wire yet because the headlights are the DRLs as well. So has anyone considered hooking the dimming wire into the automatic dimming circuit? I don't want to have the computer reprogrammed to run the signal lighting as DRLs.

The ambient light sensor on the dashboard senses when it's time to dim the instrument cluster so there is a signal wire somewhere that could be used to dim the LEDs. I just need to find that wire. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Canadian 2011 Ford Edge SEL and have installed the kit. It works very well. I also have the HID kit installed from AbsoluteHID and they too work very well. I have not hooked up the LED dimming trigger wire yet because the headlights are the DRLs as well. So has anyone considered hooking the dimming wire into the automatic dimming circuit? I don't want to have the computer reprogrammed to run the signal lighting as DRLs.

The ambient light sensor on the dashboard senses when it's time to dim the instrument cluster so there is a signal wire somewhere that could be used to dim the LEDs. I just need to find that wire. Thanks.

Here are the supplemental wiring instructions for Edges that have the headlights or turn signals set at with the factory for DRL function. This will show you the wire you need to attach the dimming trigger wire to.

Trigger Wiring Instructions2 - Canadian DRLs.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan, I contacted you through email but did not get a response. I bought a kit a while ago fir my 2013 SE and love the function as I travel early in the morning and after dark mainly. A few months back I hit a coyote at 85MPH, while the Edge held up well and we made it home fine, the pass side of the front fascia tore off. The insurance put her back together but would not buy aftermarket parts. As I asked on my email, I need the pass side light and the pig tail going back to the junction. Do you sell parts or do I need to buy a whole new kit?

Al Cisne