hehateme2812

BRAKE PADS...to many options, where do I start?

Hey Everyone,

My Brakes started to sqeak the other day and I was thinking about doing the pads this weekend. I have been getting the dealer to do it up until now. I want to get an upgraded set of pads now as I am going to be other performance upgrades to it as well. Where do I start. I have no idea what pads are good for the money and what aren't. I am looking to spend right around $50 bucks on both sets (front and rear). Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

Hey Everyone,

My Brakes started to sqeak the other day and I was thinking about doing the pads this weekend. I have been getting the dealer to do it up until now. I want to get an upgraded set of pads now as I am going to be other performance upgrades to it as well. Where do I start. I have no idea what pads are good for the money and what aren't. I am looking to spend right around $50 bucks on both sets (front and rear). Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

By $50 bucks on both sets I mean $100 total. Just clearing that up.

They'll be 10 or 15 bucks more than you want to spend, but Hawk HPS pads are phenomenal.

I second the motion for Hawk HPS pads. The difference in braking is very noticeable on my '11 Sport. Less dust, stronger stopping and great initial bite.

You get what you pay for with pads.

I've always been a fan if hawk pads. Is there any options for non factory rear rotors?

On my 07 I tried green EBCs as an upgrade from the stock pads. They were disappointing, lousy bite and dirty. Then I got Hawks all around and I was surprised by the braking performance...and they are a lot less dusty than the EBCs! Highly recommended.