64000 Miles On OE Tires

flyerjmr33

I just hit 40,000 on my 2011 SEL and the factory Latitudes look like they will easily make it to 65000. I put 72000 on a set of Bridgestone Revos on a 2003 F150 and still had decent tread on them!!! A lot depends on how you drive and if it's highway or city driving. Tires will last a loooooong time if you spend most of your time on the freeway.

• 1 month later...

I put 40,600 miles on my factory Michelin tires and was down to about 2/16 of tread remaining above my tread wear indicators. It's November in Michigan and that was as far as I wanted to go with them when I'm expecting ice and snow. The new tires are all season Bridgestone Dueler Ecopia's. The first thing that I've noticed is that they seem to have a softer sidewall. It took a couple of days to get used to the new feel, but the compressed disc in my lower back appreciates a slightly softer ride. I thought the Michelins were very quiet tires, but these seem even quieter as I can hear outside noise from other cars a bit better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've gotten 65K on the OEM Latitude Tour HPs on my 2008, driven a mix of city and highway, almost all in the plains states in all seasons. They could go even more, as they pass the "Lincoln penny" test, but are starting to get squirrely in the rain.

Edited by HackerF15E

Just installed a new set of Bridgestone H/L Dueller, Alenza, Ecopias on my Edge. Very quiet tire and smooth. I had regular ecopias prior to this set and they ran over 70 k and still had some tread left, but I chose to ditch them and put on the snow tires for the winter. Blizzacks are in storage now after three seasons and the new tires for the remaining year.

I managed over 60K out of the Pirelli Scorpions on my 2011 Edge Sport before they were done. Regularly rotated with every oil change and routinely checked tire pressure. I was also a little concerned about what kind of wear I would get on these tires, given their size and the way I typically drive. Pleasantly surprised all around.

My 12 Sport has a tad over 35,000 and I'd say I'll be lucky to squeeze another 5000 out of the Pirelli Scorpions. I bought the Sport used so I can't say whether its primary mileage was highway or city but 40000 miles seems lean for tires costing 1200 bucks. Maybe I'm too old??....lol. What is the average expectation for the 22 inch low profiles?

My 12 Sport has a tad over 35,000 and I'd say I'll be lucky to squeeze another 5000 out of the Pirelli Scorpions. I bought the Sport used so I can't say whether its primary mileage was highway or city but 40000 miles seems lean for tires costing 1200 bucks. Maybe I'm too old??....lol. What is the average expectation for the 22 inch low profiles?

Like I mentioned, I got over 60K out of mine, but they were absolutely done at that point. The regular rotations and meticulous tire inflation seemed to pay off. If the previous owner didn't do either of those it probably cut down on the life of them significantly.