What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Good news.....

The tab for the repairs was $100 cheaper than originally quoted. It cost me $2094 for the repairs. They took me back to see the old compressor and the rubber seal somehow burned itself off. Additionally, I saw where the compressor oil was leaking. I did a quick test spin and felt resistance.

Also, my rental car was $50.

Now, I am blowing cool air again. Good thing because it's been almost 120 out here.

• Like 1

Replaced the stock front Ford emblen with a black and chrome aftermarket piece. Relatively straight forward - the only thing I would have done differently is actually take the screws and bolts out for the top grill mounts as opposed to jamming my arm down between the hood latch and the plastic shroud and ripping the ship out of my arm lol. It's worth it though - looks good. Also installed a pair of switchbacks that don't work :(. Overall still a good day as I spent time outside (and not in the office) and the front end look better now !!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a cargo security shade for my MKX off of eBay. It fastens with 3 elastic loops that pull over the rear seat's headrests, 2 "s"shaped fasteners that wiggle between the sidewall trim & rear-most windows and 2 stretch loops to hook onto the rear-most set of connection points used for the cargo net.

Difficulties of figuring out how use were minor, I have a child seat behind the passenger's seat and use the strap that runs overs the headrest. Also still use the cargo net (actually use 2 nets, one at rear and one further up). Security shade works fine with both accessories still in place.

As for its utility, it works exactly as advertised; completely concealing the cargo area.

I intend (for now) to leave it attached, but folded down behind the rear seats. When needed (wife likes to put her purse in cargo area when we shop), just pull it into place and hook the two rear-most fasteners to net connectors (5 second operation, out of way otherwise).

Paid $35 used but like new condition.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

Is it retractable like a window shade or is it the disappointing OEM style cover.

OEM. In all honesty I'm not really disappointed in it. It disappears when I don't need it and works well (enough) when I need it.

I did pick up an OEM retractable shade at a garage sale for free and thought about adapting it to my mkx. Problem is it's harder to store (and the obvious problems of modifying it ). But the vinyl shade works fine for me.

Pics?

Shade attached to rear headrests and sides, folded flush to back seat (out of the way). It's a little hard to make out, but if you look carefully you can see both cargo nets we use for groceries. By using two nets, we are able to get all of the groceries sacks in one of the other of the nets, keeping them from falling over. (Can remove both in a few seconds if needed).

post-32762-0-09076100-1441119705_thumb.jpg

Shade extended out into security position

post-32762-0-27833700-1441119741_thumb.jpg

Looking in from back door across back seat (into rear cargo area)

post-32762-0-43498500-1441119669_thumb.jpg

Pics?

Shade attached to rear headrests and sides, folded flush to back seat (out of the way). It's a little hard to make out, but if you look carefully you can see both cargo nets I use for groceries. By using two nets, we are able to get all of the groceries sacks in one of the other of the nets, keeping them from falling over. (Can remove both in a few seconds if needed).

post-32762-0-09076100-1441119705_thumb.jpg

Shade extended out into security position

post-32762-0-27833700-1441119741_thumb.jpg

Looking in from back door across back seat (into rear cargo area)

post-32762-0-43498500-1441119669_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

a) Ran my bike to the bike shop twice over the holiday (Two flats, same tire)

B) Changed my brand of gasoline to Mobil (They are reopening in the Valley!). Edge seems quite happy.

c) Sprayed Ozium in it because someone who smelled like a cigar bar stunk it up

This week:

a) Wiper Blade Replacement. Got one that's starting to come apart.

• Like 1

a) Ran my bike to the bike shop twice over the holiday (Two flats, same tire)

B) Changed my brand of gasoline to Mobil (They are reopening in the Valley!). Edge seems quite happy.

c) Sprayed Ozium in it because someone who smelled like a cigar bar stunk it up

This week:

a) Wiper Blade Replacement. Got one that's starting to come apart.

I have had nothing but good experiences with PIAA brand wipers. I have the part numbers in one of my previous posts in here.

• Like 1