What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Well...... this took longer than one day for me but I finished today lol. I wasn't happy with my rear end ... err ...my Edge's rear end to be more specific. Over the last few weeks here are the changes I made

5. Put a flat black hinged hitch cover on so when I need to use the hitch the cover just flips up so the receiver can go in easily

I would like to do this on mine. What did you use?

You guys in AZ eat windshields for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

That's why I tell anyone moving here that glass coverage is a MUST. For me, this is windshield #4 on the 2011 Edge. If we count both, you are looking at 6 total.

It's not just breakage that gets us. We get a lot of pitting from the sandstorms out here.

• Like 1

Just over a week ago I noticed that one of my puddle lights from Dan at DTBL had stopped working. I emailed him on Friday, and he responded on saturday letting me know that they had redesigned the puddle lights and would be sending me 2 brand new lights of the new design. I attached pictures showing the difference (I tried to attach pictures but it's not letting me upload to site or to this post)...light output is same (still amazing) but you can tell a huge difference in quality of the build (obviously new lights are higher quality). They even look "cleaner" and newly designed clip helps installation and fit just that much easier. Another pleasant experience with Dan.

Edited by cmillz1331
  • Like 1

1. I forgot to mention that we drove the Edge to Flagstaff. Despite climbing almost 6000 feet above Phoenix, it used 1/4 of a tank of gas.

2. Another thing I forgot to mention is that people stop me or my wife and ask questions about Edges. The usual response is "The Edge just got put on our short list of crossovers to consider." We have gotten more compliments on the 2011 than on the 2008.

3) The dealer by me has an Edge with Sync 3. I am going to check it out and determine whether or not this is worth the upgrade to a 2016 or look at the black 2014 Sport that's for sale. For me, the best of both worlds would be to yank out the 3.7, install the 2.7 EB, "tweak" it, add some trans upgrades, upgrade the brakes, and a whole lot of other things.....

4) I may have to create a macbwt type of thread in a bit.....lbvs

• Like 1

What's up Forum guru's! Been enjoying my Edge sport!!!

I already did the BrightLite HID and front markers' mod kid, great product.

But now I am trying to add a 20 " Super Bright 250watt/1500lums LED Bar to the front of the Edge, I am thinking of placing it behind to the lower front grill under the front tag plate, but noticed that the grill is not removable as in one section. The whole front bumper has to be removed, but then I noticed that there really isn't any frame or mounting points in that area also. Just checking to see if any one here might have a suggestion or has seen someone else try what I am doing.

I have attached pictures so my idea is better understood.

any pointers would be great.

Thanks and Be Well.

The LED Bar is going to be on a switch, not to be used at all times, FYI

post-33547-0-17625600-1444341706_thumb.jpg

post-33547-0-68398700-1444341732_thumb.jpg

• Like 1