What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

• 1 month later...

As an update on leather headrests for my 2011 Edge Limited, the 2013 adjustable leather headrests arrived last night. They come in 2 pieces and it took me about 20 minutes all in to convince the leather covers to go on, but be patient and just inch them a little at a time. They have overlapping flaps that snap together to form a hidden, clean look underneath. End result is a fantastic improvement. I can now sit up straight, and they look and work great. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

All in, here's what I ordered from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake (lowest price I could find on the web):

CT4Z-74610A62-EB HEADREST COVER CHARCOAL, Qty 2, $65.40 x 2 = $130.80

CT4Z-78611A08-A HEADREST PAD Qty 2, $93.38 x 2 = $186.76

plus freight

$300+, but worth every penny

• Like 1

About a month ago my backup camera failed. I took it to the dealer and they ordered the part and also identified a broken gear in my power steering. So we finally had our appointment to have the parts replaced this week and it took them about 10hrs to fix. Now we have an operational camera and they aligned the car as well. When our Edge was delivered to Korea, I felt like the steering was a bit heavy the first time I drove it. I chucked it up to not having driven it for a few months, but I guess that was wrong. I should have had the car inspected when I picked it up from the shipping company and had them pay for it.

• Like 1

I didn't actually do anything to my Edge but did however receive a MagnaFlow CatBack Exhaust System. The workmanship is excellent. Jury is out on how it fits and if it adds to the vehicle. Amazon had these for $733 for the past 2 months. The market price had been running at $833. On Sunday Amazon's price dropped to $525, I pulled the trigger and literally watched MagnaFlow's quantity on hand drop from 6 to 5. A couple of days latter and the inventory is 0 and Amazon is saying they don't know when or if they'll get more in. Need a little warmer weather to crawl under it. It appears to be a very simple task.

I didn't actually do anything to my Edge but did however receive a MagnaFlow CatBack Exhaust System. The workmanship is excellent. Jury is out on how it fits and if it adds to the vehicle. Amazon had these for $733 for the past 2 months. The market price had been running at $833. On Sunday Amazon's price dropped to $525, I pulled the trigger and literally watched MagnaFlow's quantity on hand drop from 6 to 5. A couple of days latter and the inventory is 0 and Amazon is saying they don't know when or if they'll get more in. Need a little warmer weather to crawl under it. It appears to be a very simple task.

It is very simple. The most difficult time you will have is removing the old exhaust mounting pins from the rubber hangers. Just use a little wd40 and I pried them off with a pry bar. Not very difficult. Have fun

• Like 1

Thanks to a beautiful Cleveland, Ohio day (can't say that very much), I was able to install the Redline Tuning Hood Struts and some Monroe MaxLift lift gate supports in the Edge. Both are great upgrades...the lift gate has much better response now and I'm glad I decided to do the hood struts. Still left the prop bar in for now just in case there are any issues but will probably remove it in the Spring. Much more comfortable opening the hood and it looks great.

I even was able to install some Monroe MaxLift struts in my Father-in-Law's truck since his lift gate on his Tahoe always hits him in the head! Great day to do some fun car stuff...

• Like 2

Anyone have any issues with the Redline Hoods struts? They work great but I noticed they are twisting the thin piece of metal connected to the side of the engine bay...I'm trying to think of a way to be support those thin strips of metal by securing them to the more sturdy, fixed components but I'm not sure how to do that just yet....Has anyone else had to do something similar after their install?

Poring through the manuals, looking at TStat replacement, came across this blurb:

NOTICE: Motorcraft® Specialty Green Engine Coolant is very sensitive to light. Do NOT allow this product to be exposed to ANY LIGHT for more than a day or two. Extended light exposure causes this product to degrade.

What the heck? So heat is not a problem, but light is? How you like 'em apples!!!

Poring through the manuals, looking at TStat replacement, came across this blurb:

NOTICE: Motorcraft® Specialty Green Engine Coolant is very sensitive to light. Do NOT allow this product to be exposed to ANY LIGHT for more than a day or two. Extended light exposure causes this product to degrade.

What the heck? So heat is not a problem, but light is? How you like 'em apples!!!

Vampires...don't expose it to garlic, either.....

• Like 1

That'd be really good if the problem is limited to the spark plugs, caught it just in time. Excessive resistance from spark plug wear = consequences for PCM & coils.

Yeah I'm really hoping that the problem doesn't pop up again...The next time I spend money on the Edge will hopefully be on NAV unit/back up camera, Suspension upgrade, braking upgrade....I hate spending money on repairs haha

The Edge does seem to be running much smoother now though.

• Like 1