What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

I find it hard that you wash your car with only a pre rinse foam and it's totally clean. Yes there's situations where I rinse with foam and that's it. but those are rare and my car is ceramic coated

Nothing touches my baby cept a Northern Pride's $18 Ultimate car wash every week. None of that fancy ceramic stuff. (lol)
  • Like 1

Rotora BBK installed. Don't mind the filthy car and even filthier wheels, I'll wash it and post some better pics this weekend. Plus they still need some miles on them to finish the break in before I can really comment on them.

How much do those set you back? they look great!

How much do those set you back? they look great!

Its not a cheap mod, that's for damn sure! But considering that it costs upwards of $4k-$8k retail for a good set of big brakes on all 4 corners, I got a decent deal, $3700 all in. This includes the insane California state sales tax and installation. Rotora is the only company that makes a bolt on BBK for the Edge and judging by what other comparable kits cost from StopTech, Wilwood, AP Racing, etc, what I paid is very reasonable. Brembo's are usually considered the gold standard for brakes depending on who you ask, but they are ridiculously expensive, especially if doing all 4 corners.

• Like 1

Its not a cheap mod, that's for damn sure! But considering that it costs upwards of $4k-$8k retail for a good set of big brakes on all 4 corners, I got a decent deal, $3700 all in. This includes the insane California state sales tax and installation. Rotora is the only company that makes a bolt on BBK for the Edge and judging by what other comparable kits cost from StopTech, Wilwood, AP Racing, etc, what I paid is very reasonable. Brembo's are usually considered the gold standard for brakes depending on who you ask, but they are ridiculously expensive, especially if doing all 4 corners.

you got the brake lines too, correct?

you got the brake lines too, correct?

Yes I got the standard BBK, rotors, calipers, sst braided lines, and EPB bypass module. I basically have the same kit as the Webasto Edge and Xtra, only differences are that I went with slotted rotors and his are drilled, and I went with a different caliper color. The true red calipers would've looked weird against the deeper ruby red paint. I wanted a color that would stand out a bit, but not be obnoxious like yellow or lime green would probably look, so I went with the light blue anodize finish.

Front - 380mm Slotted, 6-Pot caliper

Rear - 350mm Slotted, 4-Pot caliper

• Like 2

I just threw up. I was expecting a price like the one I paid for my wilwood disc set-up on my mustang. YOW!

I'm sure they are freakin AMAZING though.

The forged aluminum calipers is where most of the cost comes from. Its night and day cost difference if going with a full kit compared to just upgrading the rotors and pads. The pedal feel is awesome, its pretty effortless to stop now. The biggest difference I can feel so far is the initial bite. They still aren't quite fully broken in yet either, especially the rears, another few days of driving and they should be at their best.

• Like 3

I just re-programed my car with new a Livernois tune. They sent me a 91 performance less aggressive softer shifting tune that I installed. It feels like it has the power of the original 91 Performance Tune, but with the soft shifting of a stock tune. I am not sure if the redline or shift points have changed under full throttle, but so far I like it a lot. They also sent me a 91-V3 that I have not tried yet. The 91-V3 may have replaced the 91 aggressive. I will install the 91-V3 when I hit the canyons and let you all know.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

I just re-programed my car with new a Livernois tune. They sent me a 91 performance less aggressive softer shifting tune that I installed. It feels like it has the power of the original 91 Performance Tune, but with the soft shifting of a stock tune. I am not sure if the redline or shift points have changed under full throttle, but so far I like it a lot. They also sent me a 91-V3 that I have not tried yet. The 91-V3 may have replaced the 91 aggressive. I will install the 91-V3 when I hit the canyons and let you all know.

I actually prefer the softer shift 93 tune they sent me. with the regular performance tune, i was getting the 2nd to 3rd "holy hell i just ran over a horse" slam into 3rd gear for the first few miles, then it leveled out the rest of the trip. but it would do it EVERY time when the trans wasn't warmed up.

if you have anything to monitor temps on your run with the v3 please do so.

My 1/4 mile times got .5 second slower with the v3 tune, and i attribute it to the atrocious temp jumps after the 330 ft mark or so. LMS says it pulls harder at the end of the 1/4 mile run, but the only thing that tune pulls at the end of the run is timing. BOOOOOO!

• Like 1

I actually prefer the softer shift 93 tune they sent me. with the regular performance tune, i was getting the 2nd to 3rd "holy hell i just ran over a horse" slam into 3rd gear for the first few miles, then it leveled out the rest of the trip. but it would do it EVERY time when the trans wasn't warmed up.

if you have anything to monitor temps on your run with the v3 please do so.

My 1/4 mile times got .5 second slower with the v3 tune, and i attribute it to the atrocious temp jumps after the 330 ft mark or so. LMS says it pulls harder at the end of the 1/4 mile run, but the only thing that tune pulls at the end of the run is timing. BOOOOOO!

1/2 second is a lot!! Not Good..I also like the softer shifting tune it feels like something Ford would do. It does not seem as fast as the original performance tune, but that might be because of the smooth shifting. It is a great tune for everyday driving, more power than stock yet smooth as silk. The v3 tune has yet to be installed. I was running the 91 aggressive and that was a good tune in sport mode for the canyons because it would shift fast and hard. It would hold off shifting longer so I could power through the corner then it would shift fast as I came out of the corner. I hope that the 91v3 is as good or better than the old Aggressive, but from your experience and what you say it might not be… We will see if it works for me in the canyons in a few weeks..

• Like 1