What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

We had someone get bubbles on practically brand new Cinturato P7s. A trend?

Speaking of Pirelli, I almost pulled the trigger on trading these tires in on some Scorpion Verdes. However, the price for upgrading would have been nearly $500. Replacing the Kumho: $25. I am almost inclined to see if I can cop that Bridgestone I am using for a temporary tire as a full sized spare.

• Like 1

Nick, Is it difficult to remove the front like in the photo above . Is it a one person job? And did you post someplace how to do it?

I will need to do this to install the new IC.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to find the post where someone put up instructions on front bumper removal. i know i saw it on this forum. I'd bet it was either snmjim or special k, maybe send them a message and see if their memory (or search bar) is kinder to them than it was to me!

• Like 1

Nick, Is it difficult to remove the front like in the photo above . Is it a one person job? And did you post someplace how to do it?

I will need to do this to install the new IC.

I've had the bumper off about 20 times probably, I can have it off in about 30 mins now, probably faster if I was actually being timed. I use the ramps to sit the bumper on and if you have the front camera, be ready to plug the washer fluid line. or bend it and stick it in the frame right near where you splith the lines.

you do not have to remove the tires, and do not need to remove all bolts in fender, just the ones on the edge

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8epPWB6ZdvaUlhKQUJpVWQ4d1U/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 2

Thanks!

I've had my front bumper cover off a couple of times now too, I can show you exactly what to remove next time we meet up if you like. Its fairly easy once you know the sequence. The toughest part is the bolts holding the bumper cover to the fender, only because its a really tight space. I bought a couple of special tools for getting in there, so its easy now. No problem lending them to you, or just helping you. Nick is who I asked for tips for my first attempt, and leaving the middle screw along the top for last is a good tip and it allows you to slowly lower the front end down. That Ford procedure document is pretty good, but Nick is right, I didn't remove the wheel well liners completely either, just the screws towards the front.

• Like 2

well, got the car polished but wasn't able to put the ceramic on it yet. So she will sit in the garage and I will bum rides to work till she is complete. (gosh, facebook kills quality. ( @jnhalstead on instagram ) Wheels are already coated in Gyeon Rim and topped with Gyeon Can Coat. Paint was cut with Griots Garage The Boss G15 DA, Fast Correcting Cream and a Lake Country Foam Wool pad, and polishd with Griots Garage Perfecting Cream and Lake Country orange HDO pad. Cquartz is the ceramic that will be going on and then topped with Gyeon Can Coat. Interior is getting Gyeon Leather Shield and Fabric Coat.
28168670_10213484794447660_1180496946676

• Like 3

Haven't done anything like mods et. al., but getting ready to drive from Dallas to Knoxville on Wed. Changed oil & filter, check/top all fluids, top tire air as needed, normal stuff when going on a trip. I plan to run some Techron on the outbound and inbound trips, and will only run a Top Tier gas on the trip (same as normal.)

My wife and I will be driving straight though - about 12 hours with stops, 850 miles.

Oh, and I loaded a BUNCH of songs on a USB stick from my listening pleasure. :shift:

• Like 1

Nick I wish I had the patience or skill to do that kind of stuff. Black vehicles are tough to keep looking amazing, seems you're doing a great job of it. That is a lot of steps on a vehicle this size, but looks well worth it!

patience is key, I enjoy detailing though, I usually have a car a weekend to detail or ceramic coat. I have a few things planned for the Edge but being in Hawaii is killing those plans. I've also said screw every other thread on this forum and just post everything in here now. lol

• Like 1