What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

patience is key, I enjoy detailing though, I usually have a car a weekend to detail or ceramic coat. I have a few things planned for the Edge but being in Hawaii is killing those plans. I've also said screw every other thread on this forum and just post everything in here now. lol

Nick have you ever disassembled the grill? If so, how does it come apart, is all just snap fitted together? I've had the front bumper off a couple of times but never had the time to look further into dismantling the grill. I want to wrap some of the grill parts and it would be much easier if I could take it apart and wrap the pieces individually.

grille just snaps out, it's a pain in the but to separate from the bottom of bumper though, I believe I just snapped all the pieces of instead of taking whole grille off

Nick have you ever disassembled the grill? If so, how does it come apart, is all just snap fitted together? I've had the front bumper off a couple of times but never had the time to look further into dismantling the grill. I want to wrap some of the grill parts and it would be much easier if I could take it apart and wrap the pieces individually.

• Like 1

grille just snaps out, it's a pain in the but to separate from the bottom of bumper though, I believe I just snapped all the pieces of instead of taking whole grille off

cool thanks bud. I want to be able to wrap the parts around to the inside as much as possible so you cant see the edges and that will only be possible with the parts off. they are fairly simple parts to wrap by themselves. the metallic dark gray has to go.

cool thanks bud. I want to be able to wrap the parts around to the inside as much as possible so you cant see the edges and that will only be possible with the parts off. they are fairly simple parts to wrap by themselves. the metallic dark gray has to go.

indeed, my whole grille is wrapped, every single piece of it

I never knew I didn't like that metallic gray piece. thanks for mentioning it!

I didn't really notice it at first too, until I really started changing the look of mine

I had planned on just wrapping the gray piece, but then some kid in the neighborhood hit my top blade (the 3 blades of the grille) with his handle bars and left a 6in long paintless white spot. So I had to wrap those also

stock

14265050_10208842365749844_6158283527967

14650615_10209174416610908_1425302672761

current look

28279543_10213460034548678_1544631652588

• Like 2

you picked the perfect lines to follow. nice work. I'd love to do that to mine. I've always liked the look of satin black on gloss black.

The outer arc line on each side of the hood is about 1.25" wide and has two distinct lines you can follow. I followed the outer lines instead of the inner lines like the other peeps with a similar wrap, so in order to continue the lines all the way back, I had to add two small pieces of vinyl to the A-pillars, but it came out pretty good. I actually had to stretch the main piece of film a little because from corner to corner near the base of the windshield its about 61" between the lines I followed. The 60" x 60" piece of vinyl only cost me $50. I will probably wrap the metallic gray insert of the grill in this satin black film to see how it looks. I might even try wrapping the 3 thin horizontal lines of the grill the same color as my brake calipers (the ones Nick wrapped in red/purple in the above pics) .

post-44888-0-67929800-1520955543_thumb.jpg

Edited by roots57
  • Like 2

Indeed. This is what coilovers would look like

Have you ever photoshopped some black wheels on there? I'm having a hell of a time finding wheels that I like that fit the edge. Might end up powdercoating the stockers when I finally get around to the tire swap.

these niche m130 are kind of the look i'm after, but they are only offered with 40mm offset, and in this configuration they would push the wheels out an additional 3/4 of an inch. I really don't think i'll like that look... but they look good on the vehicle

niche m130 edge

Edited by Mikula
  • Like 1

like 2 years ago I did these AG wheels

13782268_10208504614666278_1959139910014

Have you ever photoshopped some black wheels on there? I'm having a hell of a time finding wheels that I like that fit the edge. Might end up powdercoating the stockers when I finally get around to the tire swap.

these niche m130 are kind of the look i'm after, but they are only offered with 40mm offset, and in this configuration they would push the wheels out an additional 3/4 of an inch. I really don't think i'll like that look... but they look good on the vehicle

• Like 2