What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What did I do today(and yesterday)? Those ebay signature switchback bezels, and morimoto LED fog lights. Beware before you order these, they do not fit. If you happen to make them fit, they do not latch in. If you happen to secure them, no fog light housing will fit. If you happen to secure a fog light and aim it correctly, you will need to wire everything. If you happen to get that far, welcome to the fog light club! Ill create a post explaining how I did it and post a ink here.

post-48769-0-97569000-1540752787_thumb.jpg

post-48769-0-33165300-1540752854_thumb.jpg

post-48769-0-13979800-1540752392_thumb.jpg

post-48769-0-36936000-1540752821_thumb.jpg

Edited by tmarsh
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but it still sits in between the trans and the right drive axle.  It is physically connected.  And, as noted in your excerpt, really it is ALWAYS transferring power (except in P/N), it is NOT electronically controlled, purely mechanical.  The electronic control is between the driveshaft and the thing people think of as the RDU, aka the ATC.  The 4x4 module determines how much to send to the rear axles, and sends the signal to the ATC.  The ATC then engages the %age the 4x4 commands.

Pretty normal.  Which is why when you do a DIY "flush", it takes quite a few drains/fills along the way.

How many miles on your 2014 now?  How many miles do you put on in a year?  It will take about 4x of this to finish refreshing the coolant, 1x is done, so 3 more to go.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

5 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Pretty normal.  Which is why when you do a DIY "flush", it takes quite a few drains/fills along the way.

How many miles on your 2014 now?  How many miles do you put on in a year?  It will take about 4x of this to finish refreshing the coolant, 1x is done, so 3 more to go.

I've got 63,000 miles on her and I put on about 12,000 miles a year. What kind of interval do you recommend I use for the next three drain and fills?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Do it within a year and you should be good.  So about every 4 months or 5,000 miles as you suggested should work fine.  Are you using OEM coolant or aftermarket.  Might not do any harm to mix aftermarket, but I don't like taking chances.  If mixing, I would do it all as soon as possible.

Thanks. I'm using the Ford recommended orange coolant. Same stuff she came with.

• Like 1