What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Local fires have divested the canyons that I run for entertainment. Dry grass and brush  burn with flames driven by hot dry offshore winds blowing 40 to 60mph. All it takes is one spark and it all burns.

11-10-2018-woolsey-fire-fanton-malibu.jpg No, that is not an Atomic Bomb.

d5a7b0a84e9241caaaefcd9810263136.jpg 

It burned everything in it's path all the way to the ocean

GettyImages-1059815632.jpg

I run this road often.

The smoke is so bad at my house that it blocks the sun and it is snowing ash.

Edited by Xtra
  • Sad 1

XTRA, that's horrible. I don't know what to say, except that i hope that everyone affected is evacuated safely. Property can be replaced. 

On a much lighter note, i reluctantly swapped over to my winter wheels today after several counties decided to coat the roads with salt like there's an endless supply ?  Also added a good'ol coat of fluid film on the underbody. Ran out of fluid film & had to order more. Will get the doors, hinges & other areas later in the week. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lildisco said:

XTRA, that's horrible. I don't know what to say, except that i hope that everyone affected is evacuated safely. Property can be replaced. 

On a much lighter note, i reluctantly swapped over to my winter wheels today after several counties decided to coat the roads with salt like there's an endless supply ?  Also added a good'ol coat of fluid film on the underbody. Ran out of fluid film & had to order more. Will get the doors, hinges & other areas later in the week. 

Thank you. This country is so big while we burn in the West the East is ready for snow and people are prepping their cars. And I am safe but just a short distance away from the fire

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 5:57 PM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Congrats, Prinzll, that is indeed the most important mod!  Man those years drag by when you owe LOL.

onyx, did you use Severe Gear?  I really liked it when I had it in the PTU/RDU.  Driving uphill was almost as easy as driving on a flat road compared to motorcraft fluid.  LOL

You know it! Shes definitely feeling better.  She feels like shes ready to run.  I'm going to change the PTU fluid every third oil change.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

I haven't drove my 2013 MKX in 3 months.....3 months!.......somethings wrong here! :( 

My son took my MKX over when I bought him a Mustang.....Really?...I'm stuck driving the Mustang? I mean it's nice but really?

I want my Lincoln back Son!!!

How do I get my son to take this Mustang over so I can have my Lincoln back?

2007 Mustang GT Premium Convertible 45,000 miles, 4.6L, pushing 350 HP...absolutely perfect! New exhaust, ford racing air intake, everything has been tinted. This this car is the SH**!

I feel like he just doesn't care about the Mustang or just likes my Lincoln too much? 

He leaves before me and always takes the MKX.

I'm getting ready to buy him something else, slower and older and keep the Mustang for myself!

He's the last one out of 5 still at home. What should I do?

20180813_155010.thumb.jpg.51b53b74f83d6c90178062c97b3eb6b0.jpg20180928_184907.thumb.jpg.2a0406b6dc56533c5311b912ed3d6afe.jpg

20180727_204648.jpg

• Like 1

I have been shopping the reverse lights for a while and these from VLEDs make the short list:

http://www.vleds.com/shop-application/reverse-back-up/921-led/921-6-ho-c.html

and

These from the Retrofit source are also on the short list:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/921-1-0-profile-peak-led-bulbs.html?carDisplay=2011+Ford+Edge+(Halogen+Equipped)&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1

I also need to look into replacing my v1.0 puddle lamps from Dan.  I'll go through Dan for the new ones..

Edited by PrinzII
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fires are out and then came the rain. The fires burned the vegetation that holds the soil in place, so there was nothing to stop the rain as it washed down the hills taking the ash with it creating mud slides. There will be mud slides the rest of this year every time it rains but the first one is usually the worst.  The canyon roads are closed for the most part and are covered with mud, rocks and dabris. I took a ride to see for myself before the rain started and The Highway Patrol had set up cement K-Rails blocking access to the Snake as well as some other canyons. To my surprise many trees survived but all of the grass, bush and scrub were gone, replaced with a black carpet of ash and the strong smell of of the fire as far as the eye could see. It will take some time before the canyons will be ready for some :shift: . The good news is now that it has burned the mountains will come back to life better than ever in the spring with little danger of fires or mud slides for the next few years. This is the way nature is and I have seen this scenario play out many times.  

Both these photos are on Topanga Canyon. The big rock is at Topanga and the Pacific Coast HWY. The mud slide is in the canyon itself. This is typical of the kind of damage found in all the canyons. 5a5657f63f374.image.jpg

UOHVKYAYIRFZHJWFSAW7LL74CU.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Sad 1

Firewall side. Was smoking from oil leaking out from the corner of the cover onto the exhaust. Mechanic put his mirror back there to confirm. Old gasket was pretty stiff in parts, pliable in others. Changing out the plugs because I'm around 30k on them and I don't feel like taking everything apart ever again.

Got the Fel-Pro set. Gasket is in the cover groove. I also got a bunch of smaller gaskets that go around the bolts. How do I change these out? Don't see a way of slipping the new ones over the thin metal disks even if I cut the old ones off. I don't have the tool to set the spark plug seals, but that's what large sockets are for. ?

Edited by Brucifer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Good question, never had anyone actually replace the bolt seals (the blue ones in FelPro pic).  Maybe put some WD40 on them or engine oil on them to remove/install?

FELPF_VS50767R_P04_TOP__ra_p.jpg

FEL-PRO VS50767R {#VS50490} Info
w/Grommets & Spark plug tube seals; PermaDry molded rubber Gaskets. incl.

Found and going with this:

• Like 1

Got the 4 oil seal rings out (slip joint pliers), but don't have a good way of replacing them. Luckily, there is a shop within walking distance and I'll see if they will be willing to press them into place so I don't bugger the whole thing up.

Then it will just be a matter of a couple of dabs of goo, and bolting it all back together. Not sure how the wiring is going to hold up over time when I was busting the VC bolt plastic cap-holder things left and right. I'll be happy with no leaks and all the electrical plugs in place at this point.

• Like 1

I just replaced the front lower control arms, front wheel bearings and back hub bearing assembly.

Looks like I will be changing both rear and front struts soon!!

Besides, I just bough 5w-20 synthetic motorcraft oil... Should I be worried if I am moving from semisynthetic to synthetic oil? I have heard that synthetic has detergent that may clean and cause problems in the pump or filter?

BTW, I drive a 2007 MKX AWD, 140K

Edited by jesus_lomor
  • Like 1