What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

• 2 weeks later...

I still need to get our Edge and Fusion PABs replaced ...

A coolant drain/fill typically gets out about 1/2 the stated capacity.  I think 6 quarts or so is normal.

Let us know how the RMM works out, ituhata.  Using the same one as snmjim & co, or a different one?  EDIT:  I see it is the CP-E one, as in snmjim's thread.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 2 weeks later...

Had Galpin Auto Sports do a few things today. First I had the 3 inch duel tips replaced with larger 3 1/2 inch tips. The 3 inch tips that I originally put on the car looked ok but the 3.5 inch duel tips look much better. They fill the space and look aggressive without looking too big or having to cut to make them fit like the 4 inch tips would. I had 4 inch tips available to look at and test fit and they were just overkill .To me the 4 inch looked like rice fodder but to each their own. . At this point I have test fit 3, 3.5, and 4 inch duel stageared slant cut tips . IMHO the 3.5 are the way to go. 

3.5 Inch Duel Tips.JPG

3 1:2 Inch Tips.JPG

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Xtra said:

Had Galpin Auto Sports do a few things today. First I had the 3 inch duel tips replaced with larger 3 1/2 inch tips. The 3 inch tips that I originally put on the car looked ok but the 3.5 inch duel tips look much better. They fill the space and look aggressive without looking too big or having to cut to make them fit like the 4 inch tips would. I had 4 inch tips available to look at and test fit and they were just overkill .To me the 4 inch looked like rice fodder but to each their own. . At this point I have test fit 3, 3.5, and 4 inch duel stageared slant cut tips . IMHO the 3.5 are the way to go. 

3.5 Inch Duel Tips.JPG

3 1:2 Inch Tips.JPG

just doesn't fill enough for me. what really kills me is I like the none sport rear valance better because it gives more options to mod and flows better. Ironically, my 2013 Edge came with 4in tips from factory.

13312836_10208030543094785_1748449644722

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 3

Nick to install the 4 inch tips we would have had to cut the rear valance and redo the exhaust pipes. It was way more work than just swapping to different tips.  Without a doubt they would have looked better than they did if we had cut them into the valance to get them to fit proper and adjusted the pipes to proper length. There is plenty of room on the outside edge it is the inside edge where they touch and needs trimming just a little . I have a brand new 4 inch Stainless steel, double wall. staggered duel tip set if you are interested to take them off my hands. I will give you a deal. For that matter anyone interested in them please message me.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

I also had GAS wrap the exhaust pipe coming out of the cat with header heat shield wrap to help keep things cooler in the engine compartment . Snmjim gave me the idea to do this :hat_tip:.

It should help keep the transaxle, oil pan and PTU cooler as well.

IMG-1103.JPG     IMG-1102.JPG

Edited by Xtra
New photos of the heat wrap added 2-7-19
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2019 at 5:54 AM, EDST777 said:

friends, I need to replace mount
 transmissions, I have two numbers DT4Z6068A and 8T4Z6068B, they are similar, but I heard they differ in something except LOL price. Maybe someone will comment on distinction?!

Sorry for the delay, but I hate the site's new layout and rarely come here any more.

One looks like for an '08 and one for a '12:

from 1/11/08. to 1/10/08.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__/Housing-TRANSMISSION-mount/52086753/8T4Z6068B.html

3.7 LITER. from 5/14/12. to 5/11/12. Torque arm.

3.5 LITER. from 5/14/12. to 5/11/12. Torque arm.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__Edge/Housing-Torque-arm-TRANSMISSION-mount/51620415/DT4Z6068A.html

Best thing to do is match up what you got with what's in the pic.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xtra said:

Looks good! I never liked the look of the Edge Sport / Edge ST exhaust and wish we had something like the Titanium instead.

Before my Edge Sport was smashed into I was going to add quad exhaust tips as well, but now the ST has a different vertical shape and I'll have to see how that would look.

Do you simply remove the Chrome piece from the rear and hook up tips to the factory exhaust?

Is the Chrome piece easy to remove, and can you put it back on after if needed?