What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

18 minutes ago, Rimcrim said:

Looks good! I never liked the look of the Edge Sport / Edge ST exhaust and wish we had something like the Titanium instead.

Before my Edge Sport was smashed into I was going to add quad exhaust tips as well, but now the ST has a different vertical shape and I'll have to see how that would look.

Do you simply remove the Chrome piece from the rear and hook up tips to the factory exhaust?

Is the Chrome piece easy to remove, and can you put it back on after if needed?

Thanks, I had to remove the bezel and cut the mounts for it off so there is no going back unless I buy a new valance. Also I have the MRT Axle Back duel muffler system installed so there was more to it than just adding tips to the stock system. 

2 hours ago, Rimcrim said:

Thanks, I'l look into it. I assume it's the same on the ST and I'll have to cut the mounts off too.

I think the vertically stacked quad tips could look good on the ST, maybe I'll try and photoshop something and see how it looks first.

Yes go for it. Starting with photoshop is a good idea. I think it was Nick that photoshopped larger tips on my car. Thanks Nick for doing that :victory: .  After seeing those I had to upgrade and go bigger and I am happy I did. I have 3 and 4 inch stainless duel tips with 2.5 inch inlet available to sell at discounted prices to anyone interested. 

• Like 1

Soooooo, its been a few yeara since I've updated my navigation software. No biggie, drop in a disk or two, 30-40 minutes, and Voila!

Unnnnnn, not so fast. Version 11 has 4 (that's FOUR) disks. I'm currently on Disk #3 and its been a little over two hours. And its currently at 39.9% finished. Car has to remain running throughout whereas the previous versions allowex me to turn it off after it got started. Can't even drink a beer as wife has me on a diet. This damn update better be worth it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

All four rotors and brakes.

For those playing at home:

Fronts:

https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-rotor/duralast-gold-brake-rotor/539222_195255_2708

https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-pads/duralast-gold-brake-pads/939349_232493_3773

Same version for rears.

Front pad box had two extra little clips. Not sure where they went. Didn't use them. Started at noon and finished at 6. Re-learning curves are a bitch.

Installed the rears and went around the block. Could feel a grinding sensation. Installed the front and had same grinding feel in the front. Seemed to settle down a tad by the time I got home. Will make a pizza run tonight, so I'm hoping it's a wearing in thing. No other horrendous noises. Parking brake is a little low.

For added fun, after I recessed the calipers, I put everything back in place and shot everything with black 2000 degree paint. I had already done the hats on the rotors (taped at the bottom of the hat and used the factory plastic as a blocking agent). Old hats were all faded and rusty. Calipers look good for now. Time will tell.

20190214_101007.jpg

Edited by Brucifer
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 6:47 AM, tamugrad2013 said:

I took in my Edge to get a fuel injection service at my dealerships Quicklane center this morning and as I am there they have trouble putting on the injection apparatus and determine that they do not have the proper adapter for my Ecoboost Edge. The Quicklane manger let me know that they have to order the part and when it gets in they will call me in and perform the service. The real kicker and I say good thing is that for the inconvenience they ware going to perform the service for free which normally costs $89.99 and they put in a can if BG 44k fuel system cleaner in for the time being again at no cost. If this was during the school year I would have been a bit peeved, but since I am on summer break and have a slightly more open schedule I am not even worried about it.

Was thinking of doing the BG cleaning service. Is it worth it? Can anyone speak more on this? I’ve herd injection services can mess up the turbos. 

• Like 1

When done as regular maintenance, the DI service should be fine.  Ford engines do not build up nearly as much on the backs of intake valves as other similar setups.  Of course dual setups (PFI/DI) have the best of both worlds.

You can always have the valves scoped prior to service.  If it looks relatively clean, get the service done, and do it every 30K miles, less if tuned.  Or fit in a methanol injection kit into your future plans.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, Nick Halstead said:

I change them about every 6 months, that's about when I get bored of them

Nick, i like how you did your grill inserts. I was thinking of wrapping the grill inserts just like you but different color. Do the grill inserts pop out from the grill or are there screws etc? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cree said:

Nick, i like how you did your grill inserts. I was thinking of wrapping the grill inserts just like you but different color. Do the grill inserts pop out from the grill or are there screws etc? 

the recessed portion pops out, you can wrap it on the car or off, I did off the car which requires bumper removal 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Xtra said:

Lol, Just out for a leisure Sunday drive when this happened .

We know this video is fake, because you are NEVER out for a "leisure" drive, LOL.

Glad an incident was avoided!

9 hours ago, AntDeek said:

Installed a 350w kicker amplifier and a 10" 2 ohm DVC sub.

Sound clips?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

We know this video is fake, because you are NEVER out for a "leisure" drive, LOL.

Glad an incident was avoided!

Turned out she was from England visiting ! I hope she figures out what side of the road we drive on. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So it turns out my iPhone camera sucks at recording low frequencies, but here’s a short snippet of the visor vibrating. It’s so strong I can feel it through the brake and gas pedals. I’m so happy these cars have a factory 150A alternator, and my car being an SE doesn’t really tax it. 

Forscan shows ~25a at idle and ~80a when the volume is up and the bass hits hard. Voltage stays at ~14.1v. Plenty of headroom so I’m not overworking the alternator. I’ve only hit over 100A with the AC and DRLs on.

Funniest part, when the bass hits at idle the tach drops ever so slightly indicating the alternator having a load applied to it. Kinda cool since we don’t have a battery gauge on our clusters. 

Edited by AntDeek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

There function is to look sporty, they do nothing, no air duct or anything beneficial

I think only on 2.0L FWD models they are open with ducts behind for the side air curtains. Something for aerodynamics & improved efficiency. Just wonder how beneficial they are since they are closed off in all other models. 

• Like 1