What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

16 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

sealed also, just a honeycomb design

See the photos in this listing. Also this image.

From the 2015 Edge Source Book:

Front Aero Curtains
• Help improve aerodynamics at high speeds
• Rotating wheels are a major source of aerodynamic drag
• Vertical slots in the outer edge of the front fascia channel air from the front of the car to openings in the wheel wells
• Air is directed across the outer surface of the wheel and tire
• The wall of high-speed air works much like a skirt to reduce drag
• SE and SEL models with 2.0L EcoBoost and FWD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omar302 said:

See the photos in this listing. Also this image.

From the 2015 Edge Source Book:

from my understanding the aero curtain is behind the bumper and the black pieceimage.thumb.png.7eea43295a572a4a33d1707a2210f13f.png

The black piece does sit back more on the SE/SEL so in pics it does not always show due to shape masking from light angles, but I've never seen an edge with a hole. can clearly see this one and and this one.

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Halstead said:

from my understanding the aero curtain is behind the bumper and the black piece

The black piece does sit back more on the SE/SEL so in pics it does not always show due to shape masking from light angles, but I've never seen an edge with a hole. can clearly see this one and and this one.

There should be an opening in the bumper leading to a duct behind the bumper to direct air to the front wheel well. We don't have FWD Edges here so I can't see it personally, but have seen it on the Explorer and at some angels you can see through it from the front to the wheel well. 

• Like 1

I had a busy day. The weather got nice enough o do some work on my new to me MKX, I started on the swirls in the black paint, polished the wheels put in a new cabin filter and LED puddle lights  and license plate bulbs. I also treated the leather inside and rinsed the motor off.

• Like 3

I drained my catch can for the first time yesterday at 1,000 miles. It was only about a quarter full. I Could probably get away with draining every 2,500 miles in this mild California climate. Got my G2 blue caliper paint in the mail today. Gona jack up the Edge this weekend and give a a few coats. 

• Like 1

Over the past couple days I've been plugging away with the swirl removal project. Clay bar, Scratch X on the heavier swirls, Swirl remover, compound followed by polish and then wax. It's a lot of work, but it's looking pretty shiny. All I have left is the two driver's side doors and the driver rear fender. I'm just going to do a couple of coats of wax on the roof.

I want to get done with this so I can move on. I'm planning to rig up a bungee cord to hold the cargo floor up so I can get to the storage underneath, install a cargo net and the pieces to hold it down, Then an oil change. Still a lot to do after this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of weeks ago I went to an auto show at Galpin Auto Sports. They were celebrating  an agreement with RTR and Vaughn Gittin JR for custom Mustangs. Vaughn was there and I was able to talk to him about HPFP for the 2.7EB . He said that he believed that all the pumps are the same for but a shim was needed for the cam of the 2.7 EB. Vaughn sold all  that he made to Xtreme DI ( around 100 units  ) and told me to contact Uwe @ Xtreme DI for more info on obtaining one, I did and have had no response.

:) Here is a short video of the event enjoy.  4 Ford GT's in one place :drool:amazing.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Sweet video :thumbsup:

XDI HPFPs high pressure fuel pumps are a reported fit for the F150 2.7 and the Fusion 2.7, so just might fit the Edge as well.  Various vendors carry them, and they sometimes have sales on them as well.

Categories: 2010-2019 Flex 3.5L EcoBoost2010-2019 Flex 3.5L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2010-2019 SHO 3.5L EcoBoost2010-2019 SHO 3.5L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2011-2014 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost2011-2014 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2012-2019 Focus ST 2.0L EcoBoost2012-2019 Focus ST 2.0L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2013-2019 Explorer Sport 3.5L EcoBoost2013-2019 Explorer Sport 3.5L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2013-2019 Fusion 2.0L EcoBoost2013-2019 Fusion 2.0L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2015-2019 Expedition 3.5L EcoBoost2015-2019 Expedition 3.5L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2015-2019 F-150 2.7L EcoBoost2015-2019 F-150 2.7L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2015-2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost2015-2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2015-2019 F-150 EcoBoost2015-2019 Focus RS 2.3L EcoBoost2015-2019 Focus RS 2.3L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2015-2019 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2017-2019 Fusion 2.7L EcoBoost2017-2019 Fusion 2.7L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2017-2019 Raptor 3.5L EcoBoost2017-2019 Raptor 3.5L EcoBoost Tuning / Engine2018-2019 Fiesta ST 1.6L EcoBoost2018-2019 Fiesta ST 1.6L EcoBoost Tuning / EngineEcoBoost Escape Tuning / EngineFORDFORD EcoBoost EscapeFORD F150FORD FusionFORD Mustang EcoBoostFORD Raptor

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Xtreme-DI-LLC-329134990577693/

47625 Avante Dr
Wixom, Michigan
4VjyF4t9Hqt.png
Call (248) 773-7840

info@xtreme-di.com

http://www.Xtreme-DI.com

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 5:34 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Sweet video :thumbsup:

XDI HPFPs high pressure fuel pumps are a reported fit for the F150 2.7 and the Fusion 2.7, so just might fit the Edge as well.  Various vendors carry them, and they sometimes have sales on them as well.

I have been out of commission for a bit so I am just getting around to responding now. 

Thanks for the info, I have done a follow up with your leads and have come up empty. There was a rumor that someone had installed a EX DI HPFP in a 2.7EB F150. Though it is believed to fit the Edge as well as the F150 no vendor was willing to take that chance. The closest I got was "I will sell it to you but don't blame me if your engine blows up." 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xtra said:

I have been out of commission for a bit so I am just getting around to responding now. 

Thanks for the info, I have done a follow up with your leads and have come up empty. There was a rumor that someone had installed a EX DI HPFP in a 2.7EB F150. Though it is believed to fit the Edge as well as the F150 no vendor was willing to take that chance. The closest I got was "I will sell it to you but don't blame me if your engine blows up." 

Pretty typical.  You spoke with XDI directly?  They provide any insight?  Maybe they can provide measurements to work with and you can compare it with the one on your Sport?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 4:15 PM, roots57 said:

I checked my BCM as-built configuration that I downloaded from Ford <snip>

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times on the forum but can't find that download anyplace on Ford.com.  Can someone please steer me with a link to the page?

Thanks!

BTW, the Ford site seems to be undergoing a minor overhaul and a lot of links are broken at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times on the forum but can't find that download anyplace on Ford.com.  Can someone please steer me with a link to the page?

Thanks!

BTW, the Ford site seems to be undergoing a minor overhaul and a lot of links are broken at the moment.

https://sigmonequipment.com/index.php/contact/ford-as-built-data

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1