What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Any update, Prinzll?

A short time ago, I actually did apply Klasse (AIO and Sealant Glaze) and topped it with Pinnacle's XMT180 on the gloss black part of the dash/console. Has a very nice, clean, and shiny look.

Outside of that, it's too darned hot here to do what I really want to do. In fact, the temps got up to 113 yesterday.

• Like 1

More details please :)

Its 3 layers of cut vinyl, a metallic black, a chrome, and a clear laminate. The final cut of the laminate is done after they are put together so its a really clean cut through the whole thing. I wrapped my grill with the black and then used some of the excess to make some new emblems.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Updated list of the current additions:

Illuminated door sills

Clear stone guard on front bumper, hood and mirrors

Thule 2 bike hitch mount carrier

Daytime Bright Lites DRL's

20% window film all around

My Ford Touch Lockpick

Clear stone guard appearance package (Door handle cups, door handles, Rear bumper, All four door jams/kick panels) - Scheduled to be installed on Tuesday, Sept. 9th, 2014

PIAA Super Silicone Wipers - Installed Sept. 6th, 2014 (Had great luck with these on my previous car which lasted 8.5 years and just started wiping like they were 6 months old when I sold the car.)

• If anyone is interested in the wipers, they can be found here: http://www.piaa.com
  • Their guide shows 07-12, but 13 and 14 use the same ones.​​
  • DS = 95065 26" blade
  • PS = 95050 20" blade

Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna for Edge - Installed Sept. 12th, 2014

Additions pending:

Daytime Bright Lites Sport Tails (On order)

Daytime Bright Lites LED Turn signals Front and Rear (On order)

Daytime Bright Lites LED Backup lights (On order)

• Like 3

Used it to help get these 2 absolutely beautiful rescue Rotties a little closer to their forever homes..... coming from Georgia on their way up to their rescue in Pennsylvania. I picked them up in Spartanburg, SC and took them to Charlotte, NC. Both total sweethearts :wub: Smaller one was a little nervous though.... he threw up with the people before me

D0A848EB-ADC5-47A0-A61A-6AE02DAFF5EA-239

Taking a short break and handing them over to the next driver in Charlotte

CF0323EE-94E7-4012-B854-31873B5D98EE-239

• Like 2

Beautiful Rotties! Glad a Ford Edge is being used for these rescues, elevates our image :)

Hahah definitely! :) And the ladies I met up with in Charlotte that took him on his next leg of the trip were driving an '06-10 Explorer, lol. Most of the transports there's usually another Edge too that pick them up up in Virginia (not sure which year though)

And yea they were beautiful Rotties...... soooo so very sweet. Absolutely LOVE Rotties!

• Like 1

Sorry, I didn't take any pics because I assumed someone here had likely done this swap already. As far as removing the keypad goes, it is a relatively simple process;

1) tape off the door on either end of keypad to protect the paint

2) pry up either end of the keypad while simultaneously pushing the keypad towards the opposite side (there is a spring steel clip on each end that holds the keypad in place)

3) lift out the keypad and disconnect the wire harness connector

Edited by elvisfan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well not really 'today', but over the weekend she got lots of use! Drove 611 miles with my trailer, went out to Garysburg, NC to NC BIKE for a trackday with Team Pro Motion. Was my first time back out on the track in almost 2 years, and was hands down my best trackday to date..... absolutely incredible weekend :)

Loaded up and ready to roll

null_zpsd0ef9446.jpg

null_zps0b180f42.jpg

And hauled the kiddo too..... I don't think the were quite as excited as I was about the weekend, lol

null_zpsfa2b37f4.jpg

Finally got to use it for one of the main reasons I bought it for, lol..... camping out in at trackdays! Was actually quite cozy

null_zps5506adb8.jpg

Errrrr that is when I could get my spot...... dang bed hogs

null_zpsf17d47ce.jpg

Aaaand the drive home...... yeeeaaaa it was a late night last night, lol..... got home at 2:15 am after being up since 6:30 am and going triple digit speeds on a race track all day. I'm a little wiped today, lol

null_zps4eb7438a.jpg

• Like 1