What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Changed transaxle (transmission) fluid at 33k miles.  It was definitely time.  Sample of drained fluid on right, new Mercon LV on left.  Note, draining only removes 5 of the 11 quart capacity so another drain/refill will have to happen in a few hundred miles.

transoil_old_new.jpg

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My '19 Metallic Blue Titanium is brand new. So far I put Chrome 18" Verde Mags on, Tinted both front door windows 35%, and replaced the license plate light bulbs with LED's. I also painted the brake calipers black, and cut back the inner tail pipes several inches for a cleaner look. K & N drop in air filter, and a changeover to Mobil 1 full synthetic oil will be next.

20190522_062851.jpg

20190522_063326.jpg

• Like 2

Front End Lighting Change

I dumped the Halogen headlight bulb in favor of an HID kit (6000k).  A Diode Dynamics HD Relay Kit was used to be sure both HIDs power up (they're powered directly from the battery) and never flicker.  An easy install. 

This completes replacement of all front end lighting (except the signature leds).

night.jpg

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 2

Used a shampooing machine on all interior cloth surfaces. Very happy with the results! I recommend renting a rug doctor every now and then it really makes a difference.

Also did an oil change, 6 qts of Rotella Gas Truck full syn 5W20 and an FL-500s. Drain and filled the trans with some new Mercon LV.

• Like 2

Second ATF and coolant change.  Once you've done each it's much easier and you don't end up removing unnecessary panels ?

A tip (for gen2 based on my experience) don't remove the front under panel (and it's many many fasteners) 'do' completely remove the second panel on the driver's side.  It's only 3 or 4 screws and a plastic keeper.  You'll still be able to reach the radiator petcock and draining the transaxle is a snap. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

With two weeks left under warranty I dropped the buggy off at my Ford dealership this morning for some tweaks.  Several modules (antilock brakes, front controls interface and rear hatch) needed updating per the Etis page.  They're taking a look at the back of the driver and passenger seats which aren't cooling properly.  Everything else, including the BAMR, is working great but I'm sure they'll have some 'recommended services' when I go to collect it.

One nice spiff, the dealership contracts with LYFT to give customers rides home and pick them up again.  No more riding all over town with a van full of customers to be dropped off. ?

• Like 1

For you Gen 1 folks, have you tried out the service functions in Forscan Lite yet?  Version 1.5+ ...

I have had promising (albeit only a short time has passed) results with the ABS Bleed and the Transmission Adaptives Reset.  Try out these functions with your ride, and let us know how it works out for you!

15 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

"Gadjetjq", I can see the difference but … WHY ? What's the benefit in doing that?:headscratch:

Claude.

Excellent question sir!

On another Edge forum, someone posted a complaint about the OEM tie downs.  In his case they are apparently loose and get in the way of closing the cargo area lid.  Someone responded to the post claiming he'd repeatedly slammed his liftgate because it wouldn't latch. While I can't figure out how, he claimed the tie downs were interfering with the closing.  I know, weird. ;) A few more forum members chimed in saying the part was an issue for them too. 

Maybe this is a solution in search of a problem but it's a concern for some and this was my fix.

BTW, if the tie downs are loose for anyone else's Edge the simple solution is to remove the bracket, flip it upside down and stake the area that holds the bail.  There's already a punch mark there which makes it even easier.

Cheers!

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 2