What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Updated list of the current additions:

Illuminated door sills

Clear stone guard on front bumper, hood and mirrors

Thule 2 bike hitch mount carrier

Daytime Bright Lites DRL's

20% window film all around

My Ford Touch Lockpick

Clear stone guard appearance package (Door handle cups, door handles, Rear bumper, All four door jams/kick panels) - Scheduled to be installed on Tuesday, Sept. 9th, 2014

PIAA Super Silicone Wipers - Installed Sept. 6th, 2014 (Had great luck with these on my previous car which lasted 8.5 years and just started wiping like they were 6 months old when I sold the car.)

• If anyone is interested in the wipers, they can be found here: http://www.piaa.com
  • Their guide shows 07-12, but 13 and 14 use the same ones.​​
  • DS = 95065 26" blade
  • PS = 95050 20" blade

Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna for Edge - Installed Sept. 12th, 2014

Daytime Bright Lites Sport Tails - Installed Sept. 27th, 2014

Daytime Bright Lites LED Turn signals Front and Rear - Installed Sept. 27th, 2014

Daytime Bright Lites LED Backup lights - Installed Sept. 27th, 2014

Upcoming additions:

Rear sub upgrade

Daytime Bright Lites Puddles

Daytime Bright Lites Dome conversion

• Like 1

Still waiting on our Edge to get to Korea. When it gets here, Ill be working on a short list of things to do:

1. Tint the windows

2. Headlight DRL update

3. Additional LED mod (possibly never seen before on this forum)

Shipping company says our Edge is still in Houston. Hopefully it is just outdated information and is closer to Korea. We have been without it for 3 months now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to the weather forecast it looks like rain turning to snow by Tuesday. With that in mind (and waking up this morning at 3 AM for no given reason) I decided to get the winter prep project completed.

Installed the Weathertech mats and rear cargo liner.

Removed the 20" chrome clad wheels and Pirelli tires. Cleaned them up and put them in the storage closet.

Installed the 17" snow tires previously mounted on an extra set of wheels. Inflated them to 37 PSI.

Planned on resetting the TPMS (that's the reason for the extra 2 pounds of air in the tires) but so far the system handled the swap OK.

On Monday I'll swing by the tire shop and have them check the torque of the lug nuts.

Glad you started this thread. It's an interesting read. :clapping:

• Like 1

Trust me, I drove a LOT in Central and Southern IL back in the day. I do understand. Even with the HIDs on high beam, my wife nearly had a fit because she could not see the lines on the road clearly at night.

I actually showed the LED bar to the wife and she gave the green light for getting the bar. I am contemplating the 18" or the 11" VisionX XMitter Prime with 40 degree LEDs. However, the demo had a yellow lens cover but that did not diminish the light output.

Edited by PrinzII

Just checked AEM's website and found that filter. Also looked around some other forums and searched "AEM vs K&N". On the pro side of the equation the OEM air box fitment is a big plus. I'd be curious about how it works out over the next year.

No point washing the Edge today. Snow will fall throughout the day and temperatures are single digit.

On the Air filter topic, just that think about it, the same stock filter is also used for the 3.5 EcoBoost engine in the MKS, SHO, Flex, MKT & Explorer Sport which definitely takes in a lot more air than any of the Edge's engines, so I'd be more inclined that there won't be any real benefit from changing the filter to an aftermarket one.