What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Went on a Malibu Autobahn run last night and gave the intake a thorough shakedown. There were no problems and the car ran great. Ran most of it with someone in a 2021 SVR Carbon edition Range Rover with a 575HP supercharged V8.  I estimate 300 to 500 cars went on this run. and everyone had fun.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Finally got around to putting together a short video of the start of the event. The guy that crashed is OK, not so much his car. He went off the road within one mile of the start.  My car was just warming up, the tires were still ice cold and the road was slicker than normal. I am sure this is why the guy went off the road. The rest of the run was uneventful and safe. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-WtTzLgMRo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Xtra
  • Sad 1

Got my front windows tinted. I went with 35% and I think it matches the back nicely, but my tinter said that the rears are usually 20% from the factory, but I do like to be able to see out of them at night. Other cars with LED lights don't blind me anymore at night. 

Which brings me to my next question. My wife's 2016 Edge has auto darkening side mirrors, but mine doesn't. Both are SEL's. Is there a package that I missed?She does have the technology package, but I have the cold weather package. I'd need to find her window sticker to compare them. 

20201212_120327.jpg

• Like 2

@lildisco https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1TwgI7ubd7pMZvIrWwc98-Bz4RVrCRX6D

Brochures for Gen 2

No auto dim on pass side mirror that I can tell.

SE and SEL

Technology Package includes voice-activated
Navigation System with pinch-to-zoom capability,
and integrated SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® with
5-year trial subscription, BLIS® (Blind Spot Information
System) with cross-traffic alert, Remote Start System,
auto-dimming driver’s sideview mirror, and 110-volt
power outlet (requires 201A)

Titanium

Equipment Group 301A – Technology Package
includes voice-activated Navigation System with
pinch-to-zoom capability, and integrated SiriusXM®
Traffic and Travel Link® with 5-year trial subscription,

BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-
traffic alert, Remote Start System, auto-dimming

driver’s sideview mirror, and 110-volt power outlet
+ perforated leather-trimmed seats + heated and
cooled front seats + heated rear outboard seats
+ panoramic Vista Roof®

Sport

Equipment Group 401A – Technology Package
includes voice-activated Navigation System with
pinch-to-zoom capability, and integrated SiriusXM®
Traffic and Travel Link® with 5-year trial subscription,

BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-
traffic alert, Remote Start System, auto-dimming

driver’s sideview mirror, and 110-volt power outlet
+ Lane-Keeping System + enhanced active park assist
with side parking sensors + front 180-degree camera
with washer + HID headlamps with auto high beams
+ rain-sensing windshield wipers + heated and cooled
front seats + heated rear outboard seats

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 4:26 PM, lildisco said:

Got my front windows tinted. I went with 35% and I think it matches the back nicely, but my tinter said that the rears are usually 20% from the factory, but I do like to be able to see out of them at night. 

When I read this I was a little surprised as most involved in the industry will refuse, or at least inform you that a 35% tint on the windshield and front windows is illegal. (In all states). 

I know what you mean about these geniuses who convert their headlights and throw all kinds of glare. I've had to slap on my sunglasses (at night) a couple of times. 

• Like 1

I would like to add rear fog lights to the two outer reflector bars on my 2016 Edge Sport. These can be purchased online,but there is no reference to the wire harness and switches. From what I understand the European.models have this feature, so I am looking for someone there has knowledge of what I am talking about. Ford parts don’t have manuals depicting the parts needed. Ican buy these aftermarket and do the wiring myself, but I want to keep it factory looking

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 8:28 PM, lildisco said:

Each state is different, but in Ohio 50% is the legal tint on the front & you can have limo tint on the back if you want. 

I stand corrected.

Ohio front side windows tint must allow more that 50% of the light in. That's really different than what most states allow.

Only concern I can see is if you traveled  out of state.

A trip to Indiana may earn you a $120-$150 ticket. (Indiana is 30% max on front, side windows). Probably never get pulled over, they would only check if speeding, etc.

Michigan is 35% but only on the top 4 inches (of the front, side windows), but only $100 fine. Michigan will pull you over as it's obvious. 

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My beloved wife handed the keys to her "Blue Wedge" to me! 2014 SEL, AWD, 96xxx miles, So, I did complete brakes, pads, coolant system service, tranny service, PTU, fluid replacement, and full ABS pump, and brake system flush. Also had a loose outer driver side tie rod, so had the dealer replace that, and then align! I have always had access to the Wedge, but now I am charged with taking care of it going forward! I am becoming fond of it more and more! It def. goes through the snow quite well, dislikes, are steering wheel that does NOT come down low enough, and crappy dim, yellow stock headlights.  btw, my wife picked up a 20 Explorer ST!

• Like 2