What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

I installed my new tires yesterday. The factory Dunlop CrossContact LX Sport were replaced with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II tires. Immediate impressions are that they are noticeably quieter on older road surfaces and expansion joints. Turn-in seems to be more immediate but to early to say until I scrub them in some more.

This car doesn't see winter weather but the wheel hubs were seriously rusted. To avoid issues down the road I cleaned off the rust with a Dremel tool and wire wheel attachment. That was followed up with a light coating of anti-seize compound to the wheel mounting face and the exposed axle threads (not on the wheel studs).

1363732636_20211012_124951-Copy.thumb.jpg.ce3bf0ebe044795bbe6aae6b23447a30.jpg

20211012_172918 - Copy.jpg

20211012_175110 - Copy.jpg

20211012_231902 - Copy.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Well it happened, and where you would not expect it. It finally rained in So Ca yesterday, so I went to the new drive through car wash today that opened a couple of months ago. There I am sittin' in my car going through the wash and Wam!! Big Bump, my sunglasses fly off,  a loud claxon sounds and, the carwash comes to a stop. I just got rear ended in a car wash!!! The lady lied and said it was the machine and it did it to her as well. Upon review of the video she accelerated, dove over several of the tire pusher wheels and rammed into me.  Then she lied and lied some more, but the video got her ramming me,  she put the car in gear and drive into me. What a lying scumbag. Damage to the rear bumper and rear hatch door . :rant2: My neck is stiff. 

• Sad 5

Thanks enigma-2, I made a copy of the car wash security camera footage that shows her driving 10 to 15 ft forward and hitting me. The video proves that I am a victim and not at any fault. This is now in the insurance co hands.

The car will be repaired, and I was so close to test fitting all the V3 that are in the works. this will set that back. If I could test fit them before the car goes into the body shop then the Bottom Half's would be done except for insulation. 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 1:55 AM, lildisco said:

Need to do more Highway to get my tank average over 500 ?

20210728_204801.jpg

Screenshot_20210728-205445_Mileage.jpg

Good grief!

I can't believe how cheap your fuel is at just $2.95/gal.

We are paying the equivalent of $7.44/gallon over here (£1.43/litre).

Diesel for my Edge is even more - currently $7.65/gallon (£1.47/litre).

And it's still going up.

Sob!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, niceonept said:

Good grief!

I can't believe how cheap your fuel is at just $2.95/gal.

We are paying the equivalent of $7.44/gallon over here (£1.43/litre).

Diesel for my Edge is even more - currently $7.65/gallon (£1.47/litre).

And it's still going up.

Sob!

It's closer to $3.20/gallon here now, over $3.30/gallon in some places. I think that Americans would loose their minds having to pay that much for fuel. I paid $4.25/gallon for premium on my old Mazda CX7 & I thought that was high. 

Everything is creeping up price wise. Gas prices, food prices, property taxes, child care, etc. I'm not saying people shouldn't make a decent wage, but paying people $20/hr for jobs that are entry level, minimum wage jobs is going to have cascading affects for years. Everything is going to go up to compensate. I hope that it doesn't come to that, but something needs to change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, omar302 said:

Lane keep assist I know is the bigger one next to the fuel gauge, my question was about the small one below. My 2016 Sport also has lane keep assist but I haven't seen this icon. If it is also for the lane keep, what does it mean?

akirby is right. Purposely drove close to the white line to snap this 

20211027_171422.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lildisco said:

akirby is right. Purposely drove close to the white line to snap this 

Your Edge is also a 2016, right? Mine dis not have that icon on the stock cluster, nor in the MKX. I suspect it started showing up in your Edge due to some ForScan change as I see you have done some other changes to your cluster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, omar302 said:

Your Edge is also a 2016, right? Mine dis not have that icon on the stock cluster, nor in the MKX. I suspect it started showing up in your Edge due to some ForScan change as I see you have done some other changes to your cluster.

No, I have 2 Edge's. This is my 2020 SEL AWD. The wife is the primary driver of the 2016 SEL FWD. We had a little one on the way & needed something with more safety features than my 2008 Mazda CX7 GT AWD. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lildisco said:

No, I have 2 Edge's. This is my 2020 SEL AWD. The wife is the primary driver of the 2016 SEL FWD. We had a little one on the way & needed something with more safety features than my 2008 Mazda CX7 GT AWD. 

Turn the lane centering off (its on the left steering wheel buttons) and on and see if that icon follows it.

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jmr061 said:

Turn the lane centering off (its on the left steering wheel buttons) and on and see if that icon follows it.

It's confirmed that it's part of the lane centering system. I've turned off the lane centering system in the past & that light also goes off when the lane centering is off & turns orange when it comes close to an edge line. 

• Like 3

After 3 months of hassle, I finally received and installed my AVS slim line vent visors. Initially ordered online from what I thought was Walmart but it turns out they allow terrible resellers now. First set arrived broken. Walmart said deal with the seller who ghosted me and AVS said deal with Walmart. Several phone calls later, Walmart finally refunded me and AVS sent me a new set as a warranty coverage. 

Install was very easy and they look great (IMO).

IMG_20211101_123838787.jpg

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

Just curious, did you buy them for practical (smoking, etc.) or aesthetic reasons? Do you like them?

I like to have my windows down in the rain but don't like getting rain in the face :) I do like them and have had them on almost every vehicle that I have owned.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, tsquale said:

I like to have my windows down in the rain but don't like getting rain in the face :) I do like them and have had them on almost every vehicle that I have owned.

I agree. They allow you to crack the window open without the rain getting in!  They look good imo too.

One of the few Edge accessories you can actually get on this side of the pond!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...