What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

11 hours ago, Perblue said:

@WWWPerfA_ZN0W On the bright side since the intercooler is wrecked it gives me a reason to use insurance to help upgrade to the UP one instead of putting the factory ford one back. No idea how it will affect the end result of the tune if any.

Most definitely an adjustment will be needed.  A bright spot indeed :)

22 hours ago, 97novi2k said:

Bought a bunch of parts today

4. Bilstein B6 front and rear shocks/struts

I ordered up the same parts a couple of weeks ago and they have not arrived. I checked and  Bilstein says they are in stock, Did your shocks and struts arrive yet?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Xtra said:

I ordered up the same parts a couple of weeks ago and they have not arrived. I checked and  Bilstein says they are in stock, Did your shocks and struts arrive yet?

Haven’t arrived yet. The only place I could order from was shock warehouse. I called tire rack and several other places but nobody would help me out. I was told they should arrive first week of September. They have an order in and are just waiting for them to come, I guess they don’t drop ship from supplier to you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Havnt posted in the forum for a while... Been putting off some important maintanance for to long just due to this crazy summer here in Az. its been consistantly over 112 degrees for a couple months. saw a brake in the weather ..it was only 100 today so i thought id tackle some things. my A/C has been overheating when stopped and forscan had a code that the module had failed. replaced fan assembly first this morning. only casualty was the dipstick handle..should have pulled it out before maneuvering assembly out. have had a knock from the passenger side suspension when going over bumps and could feel the noise in the floorboard. replaced lower control arm rather than pressing a balljoint. honestly makes no sense to not just replace the whole control arm..it takes about 30min and the cost of a moog arm is like 100 bucks. driver side cv axel blew apart a few weeks ago and covered the wheel and and suspension parts with grease... replaced that cv axel and suprisingly it was an easy one. all said and done i spent approx 5-6 hrs total which isnt bad considering i didnt have a lift and i used hand tools. feeling accomplished for sure. 

• Like 2

How difficult was replacing the fan assembly? My Edge is doing the same thing! When sitting idle or coming to stop at a traffic light, the AC starts blowing warm air. We JUST had the system recharged, but they didn't say anything about the fan having issues. I'm thinking this is what's going on. Is it obvious if the fan assembly isn't working properly or cycling correctly, or would I need a code scanner?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtchopperdude said:

How difficult was replacing the fan assembly? My Edge is doing the same thing! When sitting idle or coming to stop at a traffic light, the AC starts blowing warm air. We JUST had the system recharged, but they didn't say anything about the fan having issues. I'm thinking this is what's going on. Is it obvious if the fan assembly isn't working properly or cycling correctly, or would I need a code scanner?

super easy... i removed the air box / there are 2 bolts holding the fan assembly in place ( i beleive 8mm). can reach them both easily.disconnect the plug from the fan module and remove the whole assembly. it is a little tight to get out, and also recommend removing the oil dipstick before you attempt to remove the assembly. i broke mine and have new one ordered. there are a couple youtube videos online. have to lift on the driver side of the fan assembly and kind of slide up and out. its tight but not difficult. when you put the new assembly in make sure it is slid into the tabs at the bottom. i got fan assembly from amazon for 145.00

On 8/20/2020 at 7:31 PM, Nick Halstead said:

Wetsanded both fenders and got them polished and coated. Im only doing a panel a day off and I have a hellcat and widebody charger coming in for paint correction and ceramic/graphene coatings so this will be last work the edge sees for a minute unless someone canclea

472C4E05-DB6F-45E8-BF57-61F9154991B3.jpeg

37DAAF26-A665-4A53-872E-6B1D0D551547.jpeg

wow..... your really good at that shiny paint stuff. are you a painter?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Turn the ac on. Both fans should be running continuously. If not, you need a new assy. (Buy ONLY Motorcraft).

If not buying Motorcraft, keep the old OEM module.  You can put it on the new assembly, instead of the one that came with it.

Failure of the module is extremely rare, and if you look at how new ones are priced, you end up buying the whole assembly.  LOL

56 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

If not buying Motorcraft, keep the old OEM module.  You can put it on the new assembly, instead of the one that came with it.

Failure of the module is extremely rare, and if you look at how new ones are priced, you end up buying the whole assembly.  LOL

the module on the new assembly i purchased was wired differently to the fans. the ford module has 2 seperate harnesses one to each fan..the assembly i purchased has one harness out of the module and it splits to both fans. i however def agree that purchasing a motorcraft assembly is best. i unfortunately had to go the inexpensive route this time as i had multiple things to replace.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtchopperdude said:

Ok, maybe I'm a dummy, but I feel that I'm am above average when it comes to doing mechanical stuff. So, I have the EcoBoost, and there is only 1 giant fan, not 2 fans. And the giant fan spins immediately once the car is turned on with the AC going. Is it variable speed? Is that something that I should check for?

yes,yours does have a single fan. if it wasnt running im pretty sure youd know because that thing would be overheating... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vtchopperdude said:

Ok, maybe I'm a dummy, but I feel that I'm am above average when it comes to doing mechanical stuff. So, I have the EcoBoost, and there is only 1 giant fan, not 2 fans. And the giant fan spins immediately once the car is turned on with the AC going. Is it variable speed? Is that something that I should check for?

Only the 2012-2014 2.0L EB powertrain got the single fan system.  2015+ are twin fans on both the 2.0 and 2.7L EBs.  No idea why the change.

Ya, it definitely has a variable speed. I turned the car on last night, with the AC on. The fan was running. After about 5 mins, you hear the fan kick up to a higher speed, and sounds like a jet taking off. So, the variable speed seems to be working. What else could be the problem causing warm air to blow at idle/traffic stop????