surfer1

Replacing front Grill/ Paint or no paint

I have seen front grills that appear matte black or unpainted. Anyone gone that route? I just ordered the OEM replacement to replace chrome grill and debating about painting. I apologize if this has already been discussed. Appreciate your help.

post-22010-0-31288000-1360633928_thumb.jpg
post-22010-0-42614900-1360633918_thumb.jpg
post-22010-0-25406100-1360633797_thumb.jpg

photo 3

photo 1

photo 4

photo 4

Put my unpainted grill on the first month at 30K and am now at 70K. I'm very pleased with how it has held up w/OUT being painted. Wash it often and wax it too. I think it looks great w/the EGR bug guard as well. You can always paint it later. Good Luck

Edited by MickeyCondon

how is the plasti-dipped holding up on front grill and trim. Is that grill plasti-dipped or primed (no-paint)? Thanks....

Primed grill, plasti dipped trim (looks as good as when I dipped it months ago).

Mickey.

I just removed my front license plate and need to reinstall it, where did you get the bracket you used for the lower install??

Edge looks great, I am actually about to do the same thing to my grill...

I bought the OEM grill and installed it 6 months ago. Looks just as nice today.

I like the contrast between the matte primer finish on the grill and and the glossy body paint. Sets it off

post-39090-0-40196800-1489579233_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Candurin, how did you get the trim above the headlights off with that third bolt being under the fender?

Primed grill, plasti dipped trim (looks as good as when I dipped it months ago).

I plasti dipped my grill and it looks great. By mistake, I applied Trimshine on it and it's now shiny and sealed! Nice mistake.

• Like 1