13N02 - Extended Warranty Coverage on Brake Booster

omar302

• 2 weeks later...

I was glad that I found this Forum. My 2012 Edge Limited had the booster fail. No problem, dealer said covered warranty and replaced the booster. I went to pick up the car and noticed the pedal feel was all wrong. It was going 1/3 down before feeling any boost assist. Dealer said we need to re bleed the brakes. Problem still there. Ford Tech line tells dealer must be bad master also. Problem still there. They have another call in to the Tech Line. I'm thinking the booster is improperly installed. Any thoughts :D

I was glad that I found this Forum. My 2012 Edge Limited had the booster fail. No problem, dealer said covered warranty and replaced the booster. I went to pick up the car and noticed the pedal feel was all wrong. It was going 1/3 down before feeling any boost assist. Dealer said we need to re bleed the brakes. Problem still there. Ford Tech line tells dealer must be bad master also. Problem still there. They have another call in to the Tech Line. I'm thinking the booster is improperly installed. Any thoughts :D

what a terrible shop. Useless. If they let the car go to the customer the way you describe it, tech is unreliable. Man. .. I'm beginning to regret jumping to the American car Wagon. All my Japanese cars were so much better. I still love this car thou.lol

Edited by 2011edgese

Good News !! It turns out they forgot to bleed the ABS Valve off. It was full of air. Now I have a new Master Cylinder, Brake Booster, Turned Rotors and perfect brake modulation :D courtesy of Ford Motor Company :D All is well .

llol. Good job. It's their mistake, they should pay for it. This brings hope back to my edge.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention the correct term for the ABS is the HCU. I could tell there was a little embarrassment. However, I was pleased they didn't give up and say "Well that's the way it is"

yup. .. I wound have been pisstt if they would have said is normal. So it was just tech error... Lucky you this error didn't damage hcu.

I forgot to mention the correct term for the ABS is the HCU. I could tell there was a little embarrassment. However, I was pleased they didn't give up and say "Well that's the way it is"

oh boy. You got lucky. I worked I the field for 7 years. And I can tell you if the air in the HCU damaged the expenssive unit, they would have said "sir.. We finally found your problem. HCU is bad. You need to replace it. 3000$ please. " that's to cover their arses. Lol. Luckily it didn't go that way.

oh boy. You got lucky. I worked I the field for 7 years. And I can tell you if the air in the HCU damaged the expenssive unit, they would have said "sir.. We finally found your problem. HCU is bad. You need to replace it. 3000$ please. " that's to cover their arses. Lol. Luckily it didn't go that way.

I'm glad my warranty is good for 4 more years. I figure if there is any issue with the HCU It will show up before then. The other positive is I never left the lot when I picked up the car the first time I found the problem immediately with out any drive time on it.

I'm glad my warranty is good for 4 more years. I figure if there is any issue with the HCU It will show up before then. The other positive is I never left the lot when I picked up the car the first time I found the problem immediately with out any drive time on it.

that's good. I doubt any damage was done by having the air inside the hcu. Since you didn't drive. I would not worry at all. Id worry more on the tranny issue everyone is having. Lol

• 1 month later...

Just took my Sport in for service because you could not predict braking distance. I got a letter from Ford in January for CSP 13N02 but the Service Writer had not heard of the problem. I saw earlier posts from 2010 where individuals had already paid $580 to have the booster replaced. You should be refunded this money from Ford with the release of the CSP letter. I have a 2012 Sport with 21K/miles. I also saw someone post that the performance of the Sport was not as expected and I agree...it is a slug but this is the only V6 that I own...everything else is a V8. My biggest tick is that the fuel mileage has never come close to the published on the window sticker. The highway mileage is worse than my V8 Titan.

Just took my Sport in for service because you could not predict braking distance. I got a letter from Ford in January for CSP 13N02 but the Service Writer had not heard of the problem. I saw earlier posts from 2010 where individuals had already paid $580 to have the booster replaced. You should be refunded this money from Ford with the release of the CSP letter. I have a 2012 Sport with 21K/miles. I also saw someone post that the performance of the Sport was not as expected and I agree...it is a slug but this is the only V6 that I own...everything else is a V8. My biggest tick is that the fuel mileage has never come close to the published on the window sticker. The highway mileage is worse than my V8 Titan.

yup. Eats gas. :/

Hey Jim McKay,

I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager, who'll reach out to you and your dealer to assist. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and dealership name.

yup. Eats gas. :/

Are you experiencing the same concern, 2011edgese?

Todd

Edited by FordService

• 4 weeks later...

I also had the brake booster problem with my 2011 Edge. It was intermittent until 37,000 miles then the stiff brake pedal was consistent. The dealer properly repaired it and then about a week later I got the notice in the mail that Ford would cover this repair. At the time, I was lucky enough to have the Ford extended warranty and was only liable for the $100 deductible + tax (7%). After notifying the dealer a couple of months ago, I am still waiting for my refund. Even re-notified them - still waiting for my $107.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me where I can find other things like this? I'm having a few other issues with my 2011 Edge(i.e. Door ajar, alarm won't arm, evap leak, AdvanceTrac warning lights are on) and am wondering if anything else might get resolved like the brake booster. I'm already out of warranty(72k miles), so I can't go that route.....

• Like 1

The brake booster is the only extended warranty campaign for it I'm aware of. As for a couple of the others, the alarm not arming is likely a result of the door sensor being bad, which is illuminating the door ajar light. It won't arm with a door open as I recall.

There is also an extended warranty on the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module), which is the MyFord Touch module (with screen I think). The warranty is extended to 5 years from purchase date (6 years for Lincoln) regardless of mileage.

Check this for more info:

http://allstatetrucks.com/images/Recalls/R12M02%2011%20thru%2013%20Models%20with%20Sync%20and%20MyFord%20Touch.pdf