What to expect at 200,000+ miles

macbwt

I have made a decision. This summer when my Edge LU is at about 250,000 miles I will make a detailed video on DIY change of the water pump, oil pump and all related parts of the process with the engine in the Edge. I will replace the VCT's, guides, chain etc.

Soon I will be replacing all three of the mounts Engine mount, trans mount and maybe if I get the custom part a custom higher performance Transmission Torque Mount designed specifically for the 2011 Edge!!!

• Like 1

At this rate, Ill have my Edge for a long time. Ive been averaging 10k miles/year and have each milestone service that Mac performs bookmarked.

In all fairness my car spends more time parked at the airport than on the road.

I still find it funny that Ford sends me a quote for a 2018 Edge with a trade-in for my 2012 every time I get my services performed. I only have 4 or so more pre-paid services with Ford, so Ill save a bunch when it comes time to perform the high mileage services.

Edited by candurin
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing major but my drivers side HID head light has stopped working. I installed the aftermarket HID less than 2 years ago and it has failed. Time to see if the warranty will be honor and get the light working again.

Can't remember Mac, which kit did you use and did you install it with a harness??? Drive-Bright 35/5000?

Nothing major but my drivers side HID head light has stopped working. I installed the aftermarket HID less than 2 years ago and it has failed. Time to see if the warranty will be honor and get the light working again.

Your ballast may have bit the dust. Also check to see if the fuse blew for that bulb. I have had both happen on mine.

• Like 2

I believe that the fuses are #17 (Left Headlight) and #18 (Right Headlight) on the inside fuse panel. I keep 20 A fuses in my glove box for that inevitability as I learned this issue occurred with my 2008 even when I switched to a CANBUS ballast.

Edited by PrinzII
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the fuses are #17 (Left Headlight) and #18 (Right Headlight) on the inside fuse panel. I keep 20 A fuses in my glove box for that inevitability as I learned this issue occurred with my 2008 even when I switched to a CANBUS ballast.

Fuses are good. Now on to the Ballast and the connections.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coolant changed at 35K miles of use. The engine has 234,000 miles on it. Here is a photo of what the coolant looks like at 35K miles of use. I will be having both tested NEW and USED to record the level of degradation at 35K miles of use along with nitrites and PH among other things. Should be interesting.

post-28743-0-67797500-1524618356_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up a 2015 SEL with 2.0eco from a salesman friend just a couple of weeks ago. She has 155,000 on the odo and she still runs and looks like new!

I've changed the engine oil and filter, 4X tranny drain/fill, 2X PTU drain/fill (with a week in between), rear differential oil change, spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, 2X engine coolant drain/fill, bled brakes to get new fluid in, and new windshield wipers front/rear.

I have also purchased new high-quality lug nuts, as I can't stand the look of the rounded and beat-up factory ones.

Still amazed how refined and quiet she is! I've always been a Japanese vehicle man, and to get this level of refinement you have to be in a Lexus/Acura/Infiniti. Honda/Toyota/Nissan are great vehicles, but don't even come close to this Edge in quietness, refinement, and ride quality.

The leather seats are very comfortable, all the interior tech is amazing! (still figuring it all out...haha).

And the real kicker, I got the Edge for $7k!

More posts to come,

Greg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

^ That's roughly 140 miles day EVERYDAY for 3 years straight! That's a lotta' driving!

I would have guessed that she would have picked up the car as soon as it came out. That means she had the car for 4 years. That means the salesman only put on 105 miles a day. {chuckle}

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would have guessed that she would have picked up the car as soon as it came out. That means she had the car for 4 years. That means the salesman only put on 105 miles a day. {chuckle}

That is why I never buy new cars. That is a big hit in price for 4 yrs.

• Like 1

Great news LU is still running great and will be knocking on the door for 250K in the next few months. Nothing to change or speak of as far as repairs and the OE water pump still going strong. The engine at this time will go until the pump dies. LU is almost paid off and Blueberry will be paid early summer. This means MACT will be going AWD TURBO next year. Standby.

• Like 2

The most important component on sway bar end links is not the link itself, its the bushing. If the bushing is bad, aged, or just made of lousy material, the 'beefiness' of the link is irrelevant. Sorry they didn't hold up. I have not had to change links on my Edge but I did use Moog end links with Energy Suspension bushings on my Explorer and they were outstanding.

www.energysuspension.com/products/sway-bar-end-link-bushings.html

• Like 2