What to expect at 200,000+ miles

macbwt

Replaced the LH valve cover due to the never ending oil consumption from the intake. Let's see if the new valve cover does what it is supposed to do. This is a video of LU's 3.5 with 242,000 miles on it right after I opened it up. Gotta love how clean that engine is. 10K mile (200hrs) oil changes no less.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, friends, I have watched video about replacement of motor mount https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=vGd1mdpN1b4. On video step by step, it looks quite well to make this independently most, a little unclear how it is necessary to push the engine from below to insert it into an engine support at assembly, than it can be done? It looks how to lift a little a jack?.... My main issue such: in video part number motor mount how 6F012-Y050A, but he can't be found in catalogs is specified, for example on rockauto.com he is absent, somebody knows, it is possible to eat the changed number? There is more... somebody knows the main signs of replacement of a support of the engine, for example an oil leak, a tinkling sound when driving or something similar. Thanks.

post-16857-0-65584000-1532845053_thumb.jpg

Edited by EDST777

I have a thought, after comparison of details with rokauto.com and video that on rokauto.com not all whole detail assembled is on sale, and only the main part, it means that from the removed dismantled detail it is necessary to turn off the big platform and also the top cover and to establish it on bought the donor. It is strange that the detail assembled isn't on sale completely. Somebody, tell, I am right? Thanks.

Hi, friends, I have watched video about replacement of motor mount https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=vGd1mdpN1b4. On video step by step, it looks quite well to make this independently most, a little unclear how it is necessary to push the engine from below to insert it into an engine support at assembly, than it can be done? It looks how to lift a little a jack?.... My main issue such: in video part number motor mount how 6F012-Y050A, but he can't be found in catalogs is specified, for example on rockauto.com he is absent, somebody knows, it is possible to eat the changed number? There is more... somebody knows the main signs of replacement of a support of the engine, for example an oil leak, a tinkling sound when driving or something similar. Thanks.

I have no idea why the part is different as it the correct part. I do see Rock auto and many other vendors are only selling the mount and you have to remove the top weight and lower bracket to remount on the new part. This part does show up on the searches as the engine mount complete unit which I purchased from Tascaparts and is now a different part.

Mount - Ford (8T4Z-6038-A)
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

LU received some new Centric Slotted and Harmonically balanced Rotors with Akbono pads. So far the first 400 miles are doing well and under extremely wet raining conditions. I am satisfied with the results. I am also having some great reduced oil consumption. The new valve cover is performing well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

250,000 miles for the second time in a second Edge!! LU is actually not showing the age and wear that the Orange Crush did at this point. Could it be I have dialed in the Maintenance better? Folks will be able to see LU at the MACT meeting the 15th of Sept in Rochelle Illinois. Going to be a great meeting and lots of folks. 2nd Annual meeting and about 15 or more Ford Edges on hand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Approaching the 270,000 mile mark.  So far I have gathered a complete front end suspension rebuild.  Moog springs, MC strut bearing mounts, KYB struts, SKF Hub and wheel bearing kit for front, MC steering knuckles, Moog tie rod ends, One Moog LCA and One Detroit Axle LCA plus all new bolts etc.   Epic front end rebuild going to happen in the spring.   Hoping to rebuild the rear suspension sometime late summer.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...