What to expect at 200,000+ miles

macbwt

I do admit a small amount of jealosy as I really liked the improvements they have made to the Edge even a the 2011 model. The ride was better and made me feel like I am driving an old worn out dump truck. LOL

Hey it's a free country, let me put my sunglasses on ;) Don't like the 2011 so much you are fighting over it with the wife!

Just a note on why sometimes this forum subject does not address much maintenance or repairs on this 2008 ford edge. Very simple I do not have much to do on it. It is not breaking down and everything is in great operating condition, so I have no issues. Seems rather boring but this is the reality of the car and it's condition. It cycled through the suspension repairs, brakes, bearings and now that everything has been replaced that are wear parts it just goes down the road. Don't jinx me and wish for a repair as I am sure in the future I will have something to fix, but for now just enjoy the ride. Nothing more than oil changes are scheduled for the near future with maybe a trans fluid change in the not too distant future. Tire removal to summer tires will be in about a month once static temps stay around 50 degrees.

• Like 1

Not really sure what I will choose for rotors and pads. I really like the high carbon rotors with ceramic pads I installed on the Trailblazer. Quietest rotor/pad combination I have ever had on a vehicle. I will definately put them on the 2011 when the time comes.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

Well the 2008 at 525am this morning suffered a near catastophic collision. I was driving the back roads of Iowa and hit a deer. Looks like over 3k in damage. (second deer strike with the 2008) looks like my insurance will be fixing it. So the 2008 will get a short rest for a week or so while I clock some miles on a rental. I will post the video of me hitting the deer and photos of the damage along with the video of the sherrif putting the deer out of it's misery. I did not kill it when i hit it and he went up the road and finished the job.

• Like 1

Yep now the Edge is going to get a little spa time for a week or so. Good news is the front end will be replaced and all the peeling chrome will be replaced with fresh new chrome. I even get a new horn as it does not work now, headlight, interior wheel well cover, fender etc. Maybe even a new passenger door. When i hit the deer I clipped it and it spun around and hit the passenger side door denting it. Going to be picking up the rental car soon I hope probably and kia (I pray not).

• Like 1

Actually watch the video no time is cut when I hit the deer. I did not say a word. Also notice I did not stay stopped long either. Hit too many to have anything to say about it. This is the second deer for the 2008, plus a side swipe and front end damge from a truck retread. Now the side swipe and front end damage are all going to be repaired. Bonus I get a rejuvenated Ford Edge. Sheet metal anyway. I was driving with a guy one time that hit a deer and he screamed like a little girl. That made swear told him to grow a pair. Then I hit a deer with him in this same car and he screamed like a girl again. Some people.

I see you excised the part where you were swearing up & down ...

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1