What troubles have you had?

I8ACHEVY

There is a TSB for the fuel guage concern. A baffle is moving inside the tank resulting in an inaccurate reading. It is a fairly simple fix with no parts needed. They need to pull out the back seat and remove the sending unit, then bend the baffle back in place. I did this myself in less than the 1.7 hours the Ford mechanics get paid to do it.

I am new to this site, joining only because I am trying to find out if others with the 2007 Ford Edge have had problems with the cruise control. I do not use cruise control normally; however, my husband does, and did the driving on a 4 hour trip this weekend. About 60 miles into the trip, the car began to accelerate on its own -- no buttons on the cruise were pushed in error, and the car went up to 90 mph before my husband put on the brake! It was like someone floored the gas -- totally without warning. This happened at least 10 times. The vehicle has been at the Ford dealership 2 days, and they are unable to duplicate the problem, so they will not fix what they suspect is the problem. Lucky for me, this is a company car. A technician has taken the vehicle home 2 nights now and I was told if it does not happen for him, then they will have to give the car back to me tomorrow. It has 22K miles on it. Anyone have the same issue??

• 2 months later...
7800 mile and the only issue was my wife having to wait 2hr to get the oil changed. It must be some special oil. Its great that our local Galpin Ford (supposedly the biggest in the wold) has a Starbucks, and a restaurant, and their own customizing company. I am sure the nail salon is soon to follow

starbucks and a restaurant...i can hear your tongue in your cheek. that is precisely why it takes two hours for an oil change.

Our 2008 Edge Limited with 3100 miles started to have this problem. The digital display will display "check brake system" and the low tire presure, high beam, stability control, door ajar, brake warning lights illuminate. Then their are no interior signal or hazard lights and the nav radio will shut off. The dealer said that their was a glitch in the computer sytems and they reset it. It lasted a couple of days and it started to happen again. This happens for a couple of seconds and then it must reset itself because the lights go out and the radio turns back on. We will be taking it back to the dealer on Friday the 3rd to see if they can figure out what the problem is. Hopefully they will fix it this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Cigarette butt stuffed in my condensate drain hole and water leaked into my cabin. The fix was to give me a free service plan.

Ā 

I had the burning smell in cabin. The fix was to replace seal and then eventually replace PTU/O.

Ā 

Rear view mirror darkens during the day leaving me blind to see. Not fix yet.

Ā 

I'm getting a funny smell in the cabin again and is scheduled for the shop again.

Ā 

Rear lamps burning up.

Ā 

I'm sure I forgot something........

The biggest problem (let's make the only problem) we've had......

The low fuel light keeps coming on.

But that must be because we've put on 10,000 miles since mid May 08 :happy feet: .

Ā 

Seriously

a bigger tank or better millage

and the 09 side mirror's

would be nice

Ā 

ab

• 1 month later...

WELL< I HAVE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WHEREAS MY LIGHTS WONT TURN ON AND THEN THEY WONT SHUT OFF AFTER THEY ARE ON. MY RADIO IS PICKING UP THE SOUNDS OF MY EDGE ACCELERATING.

AND THE LIGHTS ON THE GEAR SHIFT SHUT OFF AT INDISCRIMINATE TIMES>-

mikestoz

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

My biggest and only complaint is that my temperature read-out seems to be several degrees off from the temperature.

Ā 

This makes the outside temperature from the Edge look warmer than it actually is!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM!

Ā 

I am seriously thinking about a class-action lawsuit as I feel this is a conspiracy by Ford Motors.

Ā 

WOW! I am PISSED!

Ā 

:banghead:

The only problem i have with my Edge is that it unlocks by itself, at first i thought i might be accidentally pressing the button on the keyfob, but then once i locked the car and just stood still and the car unlocked happens 9 outta 10 times, the dealer can't find anything wrong.

Ā 

Has your dealer checked the sensor (or whatever it is) in the ignition that causes the vehicle to unlock if you leave and try to lock it from the door while exiting?? I hope this makes sense. Just a thought. :)

• 2 weeks later...
20 inch chrome wheels are peeling, from the inside, and the passenger side ptu leak, if these are not dealt with in my favour from the dealer i may put it up for sale, super nice car, love it but the fuel economy is garbage.

Ā 

These are definately defects. You are in the drivers seat. The warranty is on your side. Don't be afraid to go the arbitration. After you fill out the form on-line they call you. Then you put the ball in their court and sit back and relax.

• 1 month later...

1.) Loose rear passenger door handle. New handle assembly installed.

2.) Car would not start.....battery completely dead..replaced by ford.

3.) Check engine light on....needed new exhaust control solenoid.

4.) Check engine light on again....needed camshaft position sensor...took 3 weeks for dealer to receive part.

5.) Of course the burning smell which was taken in 3 times. Finally replaced seals, no smell for 2,000 miles.

6.) The easy/entry feature working when it felt like working.....could not be replicated by dealer.

Ā 

I have 14,300 miles on her now, and all is well.......so far!

Ā 

Oh, I noticed the driver side back-up light was burnt out. Bought new bulb and removed tailight and pulled the "bad" bulb. The bulb looked good. The bulb is very loose in the socket so if you jiggle it, it goes on and off.....Back to the dealer.

Edited by MustangMike

• 2 weeks later...

Our 2008 edge limited left us stranded on the side of the road in a snowstorm last night. We where just driving along, the wrench light came on, the engine stopped and we coasted to a stop on the side of the road. We called Ford roadside assistance. They told us they would send a wrecker, but that it would take two hours to arrive. We called back in a short while to determine why it would take so long. It turns out that they where sending a truck from a town nearly 100 miles away. We where only 14 miles away from a much larger metropolitan area. We pointed that out to the service rep, and they canceled the first truck and dispatched a second one from the closer city (the same city we bought the car in). We dropped the car off at the dealership we bought it from on Friday night. We called them on Saturday morning, and where told that nothing would be done until Monday. Although they have service techs in on Saturday, they would not have time to look at a 3 month old vehicle with only 3000 miles on it that had stopped dead on the highway. Needless to say, we are not pleased with Ford roadside assistance, Ford Motor Co in general and our local dealership in particular.

My biggest and only complaint is that my temperature read-out seems to be several degrees off from the temperature.

Ā 

This makes the outside temperature from the Edge look warmer than it actually is!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM!

Ā 

I am seriously thinking about a class-action lawsuit as I feel this is a conspiracy by Ford Motors.

Ā 

WOW! I am PISSED!

Ā 

:banghead:

Ā 

Ā 

What scam are you talking about? How does FORD get any further ahead because the temperature is different? Could it possibly be something is wrong with you temperature control. You should seriously think about a class-action lawsuit, so you can lose. Then you will realize that you are WASTING everyoneā€™s time with this rhetoric. This site is used for USEFULL and HELPFUL information; not your indifference to FORD. For the record I have a 09 Limited AWD.....NOT ONE PROBLEM

What scam are you talking about? How does FORD get any further ahead because the temperature is different? Could it possibly be something is wrong with you temperature control. You should seriously think about a class-action lawsuit, so you can lose. Then you will realize that you are WASTING everyoneā€™s time with this rhetoric. This site is used for USEFULL and HELPFUL information; not your indifference to FORD. For the record I have a 09 Limited AWD.....NOT ONE PROBLEM

[/quotte

Ā 

Relax, he was just joking. My temp. reads 4 degrees warmer than it actually is, so you know what I do..........if it says 32 degrees, I do the math in my head and also with a calculator and a piece of paper and come to the conclusion that it is actually 28 degrees :doh: