What Edge Trim Level Did You Choose and Why

carjock

I have a 2008 limited awd and have added Steeda black chrome 22 they are about 10inches wide magniflow cat back strut brace and cold air intake. carbon fiber interior kenwood stero with nav. hid head & fog lights led tail lights deep pile front mates inside anilog tempiture gauge and i am not done yeat it has 76000 miles on it Love to drive it

• Like 1

I don't know if any of you remember the SEL AWD PLUS trim level, but that's what our 07 Edge is. Ford replaced it with the Limited shortly thereafter. Has basically every option available minus the nav system and moonroof. Has the DVD player in the back, climate control/heated seats, came with chrome-plated 18 inch wheels, no tow package, and of course AWD. I believe it has the 3.39 final drive, but I have to double check the axle code

• Like 1

It's at the end of 14' and I was out shopping for a used 13' Edge, mainly because I want the low mileage and little use/abuse of the car from previous owner. From the price point POV, its also affordable for me. Before my purchase, I test drove 2 engines, 3.5 and 3.7...there is an obvious different in throttle response, but I was leaning toward the limited model because 22" wheel on the sport are not that attractive to me. Plus, I've been wanting to have a panoramic vista roof, and all the driver convenience packages are very appealing as I've never owe a luxury vehicle. I also enjoy the Sony Speakers on limited model, they are AWESOME !!!

I love this thread. It's interesting to hear the thought process of others and what we all take into consideration. I decided on a Blue 2014 Edge Limited. I heard the 2015 was going to be a next generation model. To be honest I won't buy the first year of any new vehicle, and I'm not interested in the first year of a new generation either.

Anyway as I use my Edge at times for work purposes (travelling to other cities and towns) and living in very cold Saskatchewan winters, I felt I had a lot to consider. I ruled out the Sport due to the bigger engine and 22" wheels (love the looks though). Options considered to be important to me (in no particular order) are the Sony Premium Stereo with 12 speakers, heated seats, HID's, Panoramic roof, voice activated navigation, keyless entry and starting, and AWD. Also I love the 20" chrome clads which to me are the nicest looking factory wheel on any car in this price range, and also many of high end crossovers.

Now as it turns out after having my Edge now for 8 months, I've had some options & features really grow on me such as the 10 way power seats (with memory for my wife), back-up camera, and BLIS package.

Edited by Uncoiler

Purchased my Tuxedo Black 2014 SEL FWD with 205A. I didn't need AWD since mainly good weather year round in CA. Definitely went after certain things that I wanted or needed. Leather seats a must as I'm not a cloth seat person, BAMR is fun and nice to have, 18" chrome clad (all though I'm worried about hitting a curb and killing them now that I see how there made), Navi is a must since I drive a lot as part of my job and sync is my best friend. I love it. I'm also happy to have a key again with keyless entry (prior to this car I had key fob with push start). Love the fact that I can once again go to the beach and lock my keys in the car. Only thing I wish I had was ambient lighting and memory seat/window as I have to reset after hubby drives my car.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

got the '13 sport (black) awd... after owning an 08 limited awd I drooled over the sport awd.. the 22" wheels, the body trim, the extra get-up-and-go. The sony system is very nice also.. There are a literal ton of little extra features I am loving over my 08... too many to list. I think it's one slick looking fun to drive ride.

Edited by samiam
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I decided to go SEL for a few reasons. I didn't want any of the "driver assistance" features such as blind spot indicator, auto wipers, or auto cruise control. I've had those options in other vehicles and seldom used them and have had problems with them in the past. I also didn't want the Sony "12 speaker" audio system as, IMHO, it is crappy as is the base stereo in the SEL. That said, I knew the audio system was going to have to undergo a huge gutting and rebuild and the Sony system was much less friendly to that than the audio system in the SEL.

I also wanted white with chrome wheels and wanted the look to be only white and chrome and the SEL helped here as well. I was considering the Sport but with the money I saved by buying the SEL vs the Sport has now been poured back into my SEL in the form of mods to make my Edge EXACTLY the vehicle I want to drive .......

I traded for my 2013 Edge because I was sick of my fully loaded 2013 Malibu. Only had 4938 miles on the Chevy when I traded. Knew the Edge was not the top of the line but didn't know what it was. Re-search found it to be an SE with a few added options. I loved the Tuxedo Black and the way it drove. That's what sold me on the Edge and it was a FORD.. But I had to make it mine, sooooo! I did my thing. Blacked out the lower grill bar, added running boards, window visors, rear bumper protecter, and Burreled Walnut vynal to the dash, center consol and door handle areas. This week I'll install the trailer hitch. Don't have any trailers anymore, just wanted the hitch in case.

Edited by Redbow

For me, this will be a two-fold story.......

In 2008, wifey and I were tooling around in a 2000 Dodge Neon which reliably moved us from Chicago to Phoenix. One fateful day, we started having engine problems and the car actually conked out on us at the Ford Dealer. That same day, we bought a 2008 Edge SE in black. I liked the room and performance of that vehicle.

In 2012, we traded the 2008 SE for a 2011 Limited in White Platinum. We liked the smoother ride than the '08 and the additional "toys" that were in it. Plus, I like the kick this one had over the 2008.

Will there be a #3? Yep. Stay tuned.......

• 3 weeks later...

I went for the base model (SE) because under the hood they are all the same - except the sport and FWD versions. I am more interested in the performance of the vehicle than the toys it comes with. I would have loved to have the sony system - which was my only regret. But other than that the Edge is a fun car to drive. The vista roof is beautiful in winter but with the summer right now reaching +50ºc .....I-don't-think-so.

At the end of the day my choice for a vehicle comes down to (1) Performance/Reliability/Brand (2) Safety - (4-Star) (3) Looks (4) Toys/Accessories.

Oh, and I love the fact that you can insert a key and hear it start (I'm old school). Those push-start buttons are so gay (kidding).

Edited by Machan

• 3 weeks later...

We went with the Sport edition. My wife wanted the moonroof and the sync system. As we started looking, it seemed to be not much more for the Sport, and I wanted it for the 3.7l and the 22" wheels.

We probably could have gotten a limited and been just as happy. I would've just added custom wheels myself, but we had never owned a Sport edition and I knew this may be the only time we could afford one, so we splurged.

Ever since, I'm re-thinking the purchase, but my wife is happy overall with the car from a size and power perspective, so it's all good.

We have a 2013 SEL 100A package. Plain SEL. Don't care for too many goodies or leather seats. It does have dual air/heat which Wife really likes. It has all the regular power options, seats/windows etc. Wife chose Ruby Red. I agree it is a pretty color but hard to keep clean, almost bad a black. Also was able to negotiate a decent price on this car. $27,500.00 out the door price. Purchased new Feb. 2013. Car was built Jan. 2013.

post-26092-0-84731900-1440333107_thumb.jpg