2015 Edge dealer preview guide

exodus

As of right now I don't have any new information for the 2015 but since I'm a Ford dealer as it comes out I will post.

Please let us know as soon as you hear anything. I’m curious to know if they are going to include the power folding mirrors and the individual tire pressure monitor.

I have been eyeing up a 2014 Sel model with the sel appearance package, but now I don't think that's going to happen. Is there any chance of the 2015 model getting an sel appearance package this go around?

There is no way to tell as of yet but I can tell you the 2014 model is going to continue to be built through 12/23. As I get more information I will post

• 4 weeks later...

But educated speculation since the F150 numbers have already been released. Edge version will be FWD and different exhaust and probably tuned differently but the F150 numbers would be a good guide.

F150 2.7L EB is 325 hp/375 lb/ft.

Don't know about good. What did the RWD 3.5EB lose compared to the FWD 3.5EB? Something like 65 lb-ft?

Don't know about good. What did the RWD 3.5EB lose compared to the FWD 3.5EB? Something like 65 lb-ft?

Actually it was the other way around - the FWD version came first at 365 then the F150 RWD at 420.

The reason is the FWD 6F55 tranny could only handle 365 lb/ft - the computer limited the torque.

Since the 6F55 can already handle at least 365 lb/ft there is no reason to limit the 2.7L EB to less than 365 hp.

Actually it was the other way around - the FWD version came first at 365 then the F150 RWD at 420.

The reason is the FWD 6F55 tranny could only handle 365 lb/ft - the computer limited the torque.

Since the 6F55 can already handle at least 365 lb/ft there is no reason to limit the 2.7L EB to less than 365 hp.

Actually it is 465 HP, Torques is the limiting factor with 350 lbs-ft.

The F150 3.5 also had 365 HP but 420 lbs-ft. The 2015 Expedition has 370 HP & 420 lbs-ft while the Navigator has 380 HP & 460 lbs-ft.

Actually it is 465 HP, Torques is the limiting factor with 350 lbs-ft.

The F150 3.5 also had 365 HP but 420 lbs-ft. The 2015 Expedition has 370 HP & 420 lbs-ft while the Navigator has 380 HP & 460 lbs-ft.

No, it's 365 hp (not 465) but you're right about the torque - 350 lb ft in FWD models. Since the Edge is based on CD4 which was built to handle ecoboost power I'm sure it can handle 375 lb/ft from the 2.7L EB just fine with no need for torque management.

My point was that the engine didn't lose 60 lb/ft going from RWD to FWD - they just had to limit the torque because the D3/D4 chassis and 6F55 trans couldn't handle 420 lb/ft. But it should handle 375.

No, it's 365 hp (not 465) but you're right about the torque - 350 lb ft in FWD models. Since the Edge is based on CD4 which was built to handle ecoboost power I'm sure it can handle 375 lb/ft from the 2.7L EB just fine with no need for torque management.

My point was that the engine didn't lose 60 lb/ft going from RWD to FWD - they just had to limit the torque because the D3/D4 chassis and 6F55 trans couldn't handle 420 lb/ft. But it should handle 375.

Yep, sorry, it is 365 hp, posting from the phone is a recipe for typos! Edited by omar302

10-4. Imagine 365 lb ft all available down low..... mmmmm. I'm excited for the next MKX with this engine (or something more powerful).

Just hope they screw it together better than the one I have... At under 6,000 miles there's more interior rattles, squeaks and pops than the 1990 Jeep Cherokee I used to have! My 11 Edge was definitely better assembled.