Renewing 07 Tan panel

Is it really scraped, or is there jeans color stuck on there? If it needs repainting, I believe DupliColor & Krylon make paint for plastics, should have a close color match. Basics are the same: lightly sand with a fine grit sandpaper, lay down a coat or two of primer & adhesion promoter, then paint. Some products may allow you to go straight to paint, but even so, you should clean the surface thoroughly with soap & water/isopropyl alcohol first.

HTH.

You need COLORBOND. Ive used it on vinyl and leather and its amazing. It dries in 15 minutes. I did my leather steering wheel and leather driverseat in my Escape and it held up better than the factory leather. Had it for 4 years and it showed now wear and tear. They match your interior colors using a color chart on their site. I will post pictures when I get a chance and good luck. http://www.colorbondpaint.com/

Edited by CinnamonEdge
  • Like 2

Thank You all for the replies. I tried looking around for the correct coulor, and even consulted with some painters, and all od them suggested repainting it all, and if offered to just cover the peace and do it, refused since they're not sure if they can match the color.

And when asked for prep'ing repainting price, i decided to stick with it untill i find an edge thats up for parrts with its airbag still inplace.

Uhh, you think preping the panel part and only doing it will not mismatch other side of the panel?

-Edit-

Okay i looked further into them, and decided to give it a shot later on. But what kind of coulor am looking at? Camel, light tan, praire tan?

Edited by iCanSeeYou

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cinnamon Edge, I just ordered from Colorbond today. My interior is the same as icanseeyou's and has the same problem. The color is Camel. I'll let you know how the color matches. I want to do a blend on the dash and completely do the console armrest. I'' try to post before and after pictures

Thanks Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, Just want to let you know my Ford dealer screwed up when he told me the color was Camel. The color is really Medium Light Stone. The new order I placed came in today and I used it to fix my armrest, dashboard in a couple of places, drivers side door panel near the top where it was starting to fade and my steering wheel which was starting to look really skanky.

This is a fantastic product. I didn't paint the entire panels, I just masked off any contrasting panels and did a blend spray in very light applications at first and then a little heavier in the areas that needed fixing sort of what you do when you blend the body panel next to the one your painting. the sheen is perfect and blended in without a trace. Verrrrrry happy fellow here. I should have known better than to believe the Ford guy who just came outside, looked at it and said Camel. Oh well, all is well that ends well.

A very special thanks to CinnamonEdge for the product recommendation. :) :)

I should have known better than to believe the Ford guy who just came outside, looked at it and said Camel.

Hey PaulSchott,

I'm going to document your dealer feedback in my system; please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, dealership, details you'd like included.

Thanks!

Todd

Just the colorbond spray. The sheen is a perfect match I still have more than half a can. If it starts wearing in a year or so I can touch it up. 2 coats should last. It is a pretty heavy material.

I guess I'll have to yell at my mechanic if he gets it dirty. He left handprints on the wheel when he installed my new tires. If he wasn't so honest I would have been mad.

I had 2 really bad experiences with a Chevy dealer in Fairfield Connecticut.

first they left big black grease marks on the powder blue headliner of my wife's Monte Carlo, but worse than that they broke a windshield on my Lumina during the winter. They fixed it for free but when they did I got the car home and realized that there was a big brown smear of mud on the roof when there was white salt all over the car. I got curious and wiped it off to discover a 5 inch gouge in the paint down to the metal. I guess they thought I would never wash the car again or notice a big brown smear of dirt on the roof. What a bunch of dirt bags. They are out of business and nobody misses them.

• 2 months later...

Hello! Happy New Year!) I have the same problem (I attached images of a door and a torpedo). With what paint I can paint, options? I am afraid that it will be difficult for me to ship the specified paints! I live in the Urals. I wish to correct it beautifully. My prospects?) .Thanks.

post-16857-0-21948300-1420197235_thumb.jpg

post-16857-0-21615300-1420197254_thumb.jpg

post-16857-0-96707100-1420197266_thumb.jpg

Edited by EDST777