2015 Order Guide: Update 4/2

Some of these are included in the 401A package.

• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-traffic Alert

• Auto-dimming Driver’s Exterior Mirror

Voice-Activated Navigation System & Integrated SIRIUS® Travel Link Note: SIRIUS® Travel Link Includes 6-month Prepaid Subscription 48 Contiguous States. Service Not Available In AK/HI

Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support

Panoramic Vista Roof®

21” Aluminum Premium Painted Tarnished Dark Low Gloss Wheels Summer Only Tires1 (requires 21” Premium Painted Wheels)

Engine Block Heater

2nd Row Outboard Inflatable Safety Belts

Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat Paint

Magnetic Edge - Can you explain " 21” Aluminum Premium Painted Tarnished Dark Low Gloss Wheels Summer Only Tires1 (requires 21” Premium Painted Wheels)"? Can I get all season tires on the Sport with the 21" Aluminum Premium Painted Tarnished Dark Low Gloss rims?

Edited by JimPA

Magnetic,

Does the 2015 Edge have the individual tire pressure monitoring feature like the 2015 Ford F 150? Please see the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A76qhcpA8s

2015 F150 has a great tire pressure monitor. 2007 RAV4 Limited monitors the spare as well. No graphical view, just a common to all indicator light. Not sure how Toyota's tire pressure monitoring system works today. I just thought it was a great idea to monitor the spare as well. The spare is the only tire I cannot easily get a visual indication of how the tire looks until I need it.

2015 F150 has a great tire pressure monitor. 2007 RAV4 Limited monitors the spare as well. No graphical view, just a common to all indicator light. Not sure how Toyota's tire pressure monitoring system works today. I just thought it was a great idea to monitor the spare as well. The spare is the only tire I cannot easily get a visual indication of how the tire looks until I need it.

The TPMS in a Lexus shows individual pressure readouts of all 5 tires.

I hope they include the tire pressure monitoring feature on the 2015 Edge. The 2013 Edge lets you know one of your tires in low on pressure with a warning light in the gauge cluster, but it does not let you know which tire is low. So you have to guess which tire it is, and fill up each tire until the warning light goes off. I would not be surprised if they did not include it though.

I want the Nissan system.

Jim,

You know the 2015 Edge Sport is not going to have anything remotely close to that, and Nissan had that two years ago. We will not be getting power folding mirrors, tow hitch and probably not a tire monitoring pressure feature on a $45,000-$50,000 vehicle, and we are the only ones disappointed. Everyone seems to fine with not having those features. I wonder how many members on this forum are going to buy a 2015 Edge Sport?

Edited by blitz118

Magnetic Edge - Can you explain " 21” Aluminum Premium Painted Tarnished Dark Low Gloss Wheels Summer Only Tires1 (requires 21” Premium Painted Wheels)"? Can I get all season tires on the Sport with the 21" Aluminum Premium Painted Tarnished Dark Low Gloss rims?

Yes, the 21" wheel option comes with AS tires. Summer only tires are optional for the 21" wheels.

Edited by Magnetic Edge

Jim,

You know the 2015 Edge Sport is not going to have anything remotely close to that, and Nissan had that two years ago. We will not be getting power folding mirrors, tow hitch and probably not a tire monitoring pressure feature on a $45,000-$50,000 vehicle, and we are the only ones disappointed. Everyone seems to fine with not having those features. I wonder how many members on this forum are going to buy a 2015 Edge Sport?

Every mfr has to pick and choose the options for each vehicle. Once again you're cherrypicking the features YOU want and ignoring the others that the Edge has that the competition doesn't. Which competitor has auto parallel parking? That's WAY more complicated than lights that flash when you put air in the tire.

How many competitors have a 350 hp engine option?

Perspective please.

Yes, the 21" wheel option comes with AS tires. Summer only tires are optional for the 21" wheels.

Thanks Magnetic Edge.

That is actually a great option for the northern people that are going to buy a second set of rims/tires for the winter. I recycled this from an earlier post on cost of Ford Edge Sport 21" tires. I got the 2015 Edge Sport tire size but didn't see a speed rating on the images floating around. Mo HP/torque = higher speed rated tire=mo money.

Take a look at the cost of 2015 Edge Sport tire replacement

265/40 R21, may come with Pirelli
Continental ContiSportContact 2 Max Performance Summer
Includes Manufacturer's Road Hazard Warranty
Set of 4: $1,592.00
Continental ContiSportContact 5P Max Performance Summer
Set of 4: $1,528.00
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT Max Performance Summer
Set of 4: $1,948.00
After mail-in rebate: $1,868.00
Pirelli P Zero Max Performance Summer
Set of 4: $2,016.00
After mail-in rebate: $1,956.00
Continental CrossContact UHP Street/Sport Truck Summer
Set of 4: $1,592.00
Michelin Latitude Sport 3 Street/Sport Truck Summer
Road Hazard Program is not available for LT metric/flotation tires
Set of 4: $1,624.00

Jim,

Ya Blitz, wish you would stop showing me your great ideas ;) , auto folding power mirrors and advanced TMS to name a few. Maybe Ford is saving these options for the 2016 Lincoln MKX. The 2016 MKX is the only way I get Trailer Tow Package - Class II AND the 2.7L EcoBoost engine. I like the looks Edge Sport much better than the 2016 MKX concept. You and I are in the minority.

Edited by JimPA

Some of the below vehicles might not be direct competition, but if someone wants a vehicle that can self-park, then there are plenty to chose from. The below vehicles also offer the tire monitoring feature and power folding mirrors. I'm not the only that would like those features, so please stop with YOU. The 2015 Edge Sport will be my third Edge Sport, so I see no reason why I cannot voice my disappoint.

Magnetic does not know how much horsepower the Sport will have, so where did you see 350hp?

BMW: 3, 5, 6 and 7 Series

Land Rover: Evoque

Mercedes:CLS, GLK, M-Class, GL and SL models

Ford: C-Max Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Explorer, Escape, Flex, Fusion, Fusion Enegri, Fusion Hybrid and Taurus

Lincoln: MKS, MKT, MKZ and MKC

Toyota: Prius

Lexus: LS in 2007

• Like 1

Ya Blitz, wish you would stop showing me your great ideas ;) , auto folding power mirrors and advanced TMS to name a few. Maybe Ford is saving these options for the 2016 MKX. The 2016 MKX is the only way I get Trailer[/size] Tow Package - Class III[/size] with the 2.7L EcoBoost engine. I like the looks Edge Sport better than the concept of the 2016 MKX. Guess what we would like to see as options are in the minority.

I think the 2016 MKX will have the power folding mirros as the MKC has them now. I prefer the look of the Edge Sport over the MKX too, and it will probably have all Edge features plus some more, but it will be at a higher cost.

Every mfr has to pick and choose the options for each vehicle. Once again you're cherrypicking the features YOU want and ignoring the others that the Edge has that the competition doesn't. Which competitor has auto parallel parking? That's WAY more complicated than lights that flash when you put air in the tire.

How many competitors have a 350 hp engine option?

Perspective please.

Akirby - Nissan's and Toyota/Lexus TPMS may be less complicated than Ford's Enhanced Active Park Assist but consider this. If Nissan's system is just lines of code to activate the 4-way flashers/horn then the cost of this option is relatively small. Maybe change the cool looking facia on the 2015 Edge Sport that would have allowed for the Trailer Tow Package - Class II option. How much would that cost? Yes both may not be that complicated but that is the point, low hanging fruit to make Blitz and I happy at a relatively low cost :).

Of course, Ford may not use the same advanced direct tire pressure sending units that Nissan is using. Also Nissan may have tight patents on their Easy Fill Tire Alert but I recall another company having something similar, maybe GM. I still stand behind designing cool facia on the 2015 Edge Sport that would have allowed for the Trailer Tow Package - Class II option.

Just my two cents posted on a forum.

Edited by JimPA

Akirby - I always value your input because you see a different perspective than I do. That said, if you could give up the heated steering wheel for an advanced TMS, would you?

I've never had a heated steering wheel but I've had plenty of flat tires, so I'd have to say yes.

A simple tire pressure gauge does the job just as well as Nissan's system, just without the gee whiz factor.

I don't understand the need for auto folding mirrors except on full sized vehicles trying to park in small garages.

You guys are missing the point. Nobody offers every single feature available. Mfrs have to pick and choose the features they offer on particular vehicles.

It's not fair to grumble about Ford leaving out certain features unless you also credit them for providing features the others don't. Or at least gig the other makes for the features the Edge has that they don't have.

It's also an entirely different discussion to say "Gee I wish the Edge had this feature" instead of "stupid Ford won't give us these features that are so easy to implement that everyone else has".

All I'm suggesting is to keep a little perspective when comparing one vehicle to another.