2015 Order Guide: Update 4/2

Yup sure did....Rep said she is still in the process of verifying the Heated Steering wheel. The 51D package still exists but the only thing that is not available till 2016 is the adaptive steering(computer controlled steering ratio). Everything else is a go for 2015. So the video got it wrong, the adaptive cruise is still good to go!

Edited by cds71
  • Like 1

Yup sure did....Rep said she is still in the process of verifying the Heated Steering wheel. The 51D package still exists but the only thing that is not available till 2016 is the adaptive steering(computer controlled steering ratio). Everything else is a go for 2015. So the video got it wrong, the adaptive cruise is still good to go!

Yah the official Ford website say Adaptive cruise in Ford Edge. Plus says no heated steering wheel in a Sport trim.

http://www.ford.com/crossovers/edge/features/#page=Feature11

In other words - exactly what Waldo told you guys.

• Like 1

There is a notice out clarifying that it is Active Steering that is not available, not Active Cruise Control.

Also looking at the latest US Order Guide I don't see any way to get heated steering wheel on a Sport. I don't have access to see Canadian order guides, but it could be possible in Canada.

When you mention "the latest Order Guide", is there one more recent than Nov 1st 2014?

Yes, an update was published on January 31st. Also keep in mind that Canadian order guides and US order guides are not the same.

You're right, they are different, but the only difference I found was that the US one shows 302A including 60T, while in Canada they are separate.

Has the Jan 31st edition been shared on this forum?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading all of this and actually driving a Sport, here's my personal take.

1) I like the power. Seems like the transmission has also been improved.

2) The Edge does come with an individual TPMS for each tire.

3) Not being able to install a trailer hitch or roof rails is a bit of an issue because I need the hitch for a bike rack.

4) Don't really need a heated steering wheel where I am. It gets hot enough here as it is....lol

5) I want to see a Sport in White Platinum with the 21" painted wheels.

6) Because of #3, the 2016 MKX is getting a harder look.

Are the 21" Painted tarnished wheels now an option on the 2015 Edge Sport? My dealership has been searching for one for me but still unable to find any in White Platinum.

Yes, the 21" wheels are now available to order. I doubt you will find one on a dealer lot with them just yet though. You will probably be better off ordering one.

After reading all of this and actually driving a Sport, here's my personal take.

1) I like the power. Seems like the transmission has also been improved.

2) The Edge does come with an individual TPMS for each tire.

3) Not being able to install a trailer hitch or roof rails is a bit of an issue because I need the hitch for a bike rack.

4) Don't really need a heated steering wheel where I am. It gets hot enough here as it is....lol

5) I want to see a Sport in White Platinum with the 21" painted wheels.

6) Because of #3, the 2016 MKX is getting a harder look.

You can probably install a hitch - you'll just lose some of the range on the foot operated liftgate sensor. That's what I did on our Escape for a bike rack.

• Like 1